2014-15 NBA Playoffs Thread - SPOILERS!!!!

I think that Steph will feel jilted and there is going to be a sore spot for him whether he admits it or not..he was robbed. Losing the MVP to a bench player will sting just a bit.

I think that Steph will feel jilted and there is going to be a sore spot for him whether he admits it or not..he was robbed. Losing the MVP to a bench player will sting just a bit.
Steph is one of the most humble players in the NBA I think. He will be fine.

I read that Curry got zero votes and Lebron got 4

I don't think he will feel that at all! Whole team thing has been about sacrifice, staying humble, doing it for each other. I think you're way off there!

well done gs , great series good to see how cavs go next year , so close but so many injurys .

I bet all those Warrior fans who booed Owner Joe Lacob during Mullin's jersey retirement ceremony for shipping out Monta Ellis and bringing in Bogut feel pretty stupid right now.

I don't think they would feel stupid, you couldn't really blame the fans at the time, they had every right to feel pissed at the new ownership. Gotta remember Lacob promised playoffs and then when that looked out of the question, he traded the fan favourite for a bloke who wasn't even going to play! It looked like it was just going to be the latest in a LONG line of boneheaded moves by Warriors management. http://grantland.com/features/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps/

Thankfully it proved to be a masterstroke! :)

I don't think they would feel stupid, you couldn't really blame the fans at the time, they had every right to feel pissed at the new ownership. Gotta remember Lacob promised playoffs and then when that looked out of the question, he traded the fan favourite for a bloke who wasn't even going to play! It looked like it was just going to be the latest in a LONG line of boneheaded moves by Warriors management. http://grantland.com/features/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps/

Thankfully it proved to be a masterstroke! :)

Yeah I guess. My gut instinct was the opposite, that the move made sense. Oh well, as they say - alls well that ends well

Lebron got robbed for finals MVP, thru the whole series he has been head and shoulders above every other player, Iggy has a couple of good games, Lebron had a series that will go down in the history books as one of the best, before these finals I was one of lebrons biggest haters, but this finals he has won me over, the man was unstoppable. The best team won the finals, but the best player did not get the mvp, overall a great year of basketball, bring on the draft and next season, congrats warriors, well deserved :)

Lebron got robbed for finals MVP, thru the whole series he has been head and shoulders above every other player, Iggy has a couple of good games, Lebron had a series that will go down in the history books as one of the best, before these finals I was one of lebrons biggest haters, but this finals he has won me over, the man was unstoppable. The best team won the finals, but the best player did not get the mvp, overall a great year of basketball, bring on the draft and next season, congrats warriors, well deserved :)

But you could see that Iggy may be the MVP, because if he was not the one to play LeBron, The Warriors may not have won the trophy. So in effect he was able, to some extent limit and shut down LeBron, and therefore a better MVP than The King.

Without LeBron James on the floor this series.

JR Smith 0/9 FG
Delly 0/7 FG
J. Jones 0/3 FG
Shumpert 0/2 FG
Total 0/21 FG

Yes, he had no support, there is no doubt about that. That is why they could not get the ring. But being the only good player on the team and doing all the work, does not necessarily mean you are the MVP.

Maybe the Cavs may still not have won without Iggy to play LeBron. And that was where it may have been heading anyway without the Warrior's lineup change. But we will never know. And from what could be seen, Iggy got inserted, turned the tables on a storming LeBron, and they ended up winning 3 in a row to secure the Title.

Can the coach be the MVP for taking the chance with the lineup change?

Who I feel bad for is Bogut, as he was taken off..........makes it look as though he was a problem in the Warrior's losses early in the Finals series.

Last edited:
I definitely understand the Lebron for MVP argument, but the way I look at it, and stats aside, Iggy's play in those last 3 games helped turn the tide that led to the title win, and that in my opinion is cause to be called the most valuable player of the series.

Back
Top Bottom