2014/15 EPL season thread. (SPOILERS)

David de Gea pulls out the best he has to give and earned us a much needed 3pts. Di Maria - no Ronaldo but pretty damn impressive. Still not convinced with Falcao but at least he's finally scored!! Hoping Welbeck does well for Arsenal against Chelski.

David de Gea pulls out the best he has to give and earned us a much needed 3pts. Di Maria - no Ronaldo but pretty damn impressive. Still not convinced with Falcao but at least he's finally scored!! Hoping Welbeck does well for Arsenal against Chelski.

It's an interesting looking table. United in the top 4 despite all the ups and downs. Then you see their next games, they haven't really played anyone yet. Have Chelsea, City and Arsenal in their next 5 games. We'll see how good they are then.

Good away win for City at Villa. 27 shots on goal finally told with two goals in the last 10 minutes. Led to genius pundit Alan Shearer saying, 'they only played well the last ten minutes.'

Last edited:
Lol I think we all know United are not a top 4 team atm but for the minute it looks nice!!
A couple of pts from those three big games would be a good result all things considered but more likely to be 2L 1D not in any particular order!

Lol I think we all know United are not a top 4 team atm but for the minute it looks nice!!
A couple of pts from those three big games would be a good result all things considered but more likely to be 2L 1D not in any particular order!

New defender McNally looking alright?

I think United will finish 3rd or 4th. Gossip is more signings come January. Di Maria has been our best player so far. Glad Falcao scored his first goal, it could of been given off side.
Van Persie hasn't fired up yet, hope he does soon.

mcnair out for up to 3 weeks.
i see united losing to chelsea & city and maybe grabbing a draw off the gunners. and a win over the scousers...
for me di maria is the only shining light at united. take him from the squad and theyd create next to nothing. altho that was a good game from de gea on the weekend.
united looking at possible in-season friendlies to make up for the revenue loss of no UCL. does this seem like an idiotic idea to anyone else?

Yeah I don't like the sound of pointless midweek injury occurring matches.
I think United can beat city and Chelski. De Gea was brilliant , saved a penalty not to mention the last minute acrobatics.

Yeah I don't like the sound of pointless midweek injury occurring matches.
I think United can beat city and Chelski. De Gea was brilliant , saved a penalty not to mention the last minute acrobatics.

yeah, they can beat them in the sense that anything can happen, but i was talking more from a probability POV, those are my predictions.
or do you think youll be getting 10-12 points from the main 4? sounds pretty unlikely to me...
as for the friendlies, injuries are a big concern, but also i wouldve thought united would appreciate the watered down fixture list? not often they wont be playing mid-week in the future...

Haha probability wise United May get 0-2 points from the city and Chelski matches but we have the talent so 6 points is not a delusional thought or.....
Don't like the midweek friendlies full stop! Load of bullocks! Just focus on the league and get ourselves into the ECL next season.

Yeah as I mentioned earlier I think 2 losses and a draw are likely. You can never write anyone off but I think realistically, 1 or 2 points from those 3 matches will be an alright result. As for friendlies of any description during the league season(including international), I don't like them. Just more injuries. And given we are up to like 8 or so already we certainly don't need any more! I do agree that Di Maria has played probably better than anyone else however, I still feel Rooneys' experience is needed on a weekly basis. Barring the brain fart the other week. I think the current standings prove that 3rd down is pretty much anyones as there is nothing in it. We should finish better than last season given we still have a wealth of experience to return from injury. I liked Ricky Lambert for Liverpool the other night. He's an annoyingly persistent fellow! Stevie is starting to show the frustration at what is likely to be his last or second last season. Not so much in the way he is playing more his demonstrated annoyance during a few matches so far. Despite my profile pic he is one of my favorite players.

I really admire Southampton so far as well. Talk about a team that should be doing nothing and feeling hard done by.... Sheesh, they have heart by the truckload! Great for their fans and neutrals alike.

I really admire Southampton so far as well. Talk about a team that should be doing nothing and feeling hard done by.... Sheesh, they have heart by the truckload! Great for their fans and neutrals alike.

theyve brought in some quality to replace the exodus of pre-season. tadic and pelle in particular have been doing very well...clyne to.
rooney is highly over-rated in my opinion. i think youd do just aswell if he left...or at least no worse.

I've always liked the Saints. Matt Le Tissier was my favourite playing growing up as a child.
Thought they might struggle not only with the players they sold but the managers exit also.
Hope they do well apart from when they play us.

theyve brought in some quality to replace the exodus of pre-season. tadic and pelle in particular have been doing very well...clyne to.
rooney is highly over-rated in my opinion. i think youd do just aswell if he left...or at least no worse.
I guess that depends how highly someone is rating him, I like his work ethic and tenacity. Would he make my top 10 United players...no. He has a ways to go to rank with Giggs, Cantona, Schmeichel, Law, Charlton etc
. He isn't really loved by anyone other than United fans so to say he's overrated seems harsh but you also did say in your opinion, which is fair enough. George Best is THAT United player for me, a clever player who did some very good things in a short career but to me he also wouldn't make MY top 10 as he threw away what should and could have been a legacy to be proud of.

I guess that depends how highly someone is rating him, I like his work ethic and tenacity. Would he make my top 10 United players...no. He has a ways to go to rank with Giggs, Cantona, Schmeichel, Law, Charlton etc
. He isn't really loved by anyone other than United fans so to say he's overrated seems harsh but you also did say in your opinion, which is fair enough. George Best is THAT United player for me, a clever player who did some very good things in a short career but to me he also wouldn't make MY top 10 as he threw away what should and could have been a legacy to be proud of.

he works hard. cant argue with that...but the english love him aswell (when he plays for england that is). and hes the only english player to make the ballon d'or list in the last few years. theres a fair bit of non-united rooney love out there. could be the crowd i hang around aswell i guess.
personally, g.best is knocking on the door of my best 5 players of all time, not just united. i can see your point tho. he let himself down with his overall lifestyle...but amazing to watch.

Guys, I am actually half-way through the authorised biography of George Best at the moment - what an extremely confilcted, contradictory, troubled genius he was.

Back
Top Bottom