2012 Select Eternity Series 2.

Personally I like manufactured patches, but I know they're not for everyone. I own a few, and think they look very nice in hand. Agreed something match worn would of been much better, but it's something different, and a step in the right direction I think.

Just got my flyer and - I'm with you!

I like them and I like what Select have done this year (Stepped up the game).

Sure, not exactly what I would have wanted but certainly has me interested.

Lots of goodies to look forward to.......wish I had enough to buy a case but a few oxes will have to do!

Shame no Case Share here at OCT this year :(

Pretty good year to be an Essendon collector! Select with Jackson Merrett DPS means all of Essendon's draftees have cards this season.

Interesting that there is no Bartel or Judd MWS this year.

Looking forward to seeing these patch cards in hand.

First the positives.
Glad they revamped the draft signatures
Hall of Fame signatures numbered to 110.
Parallels. Yes they are numbered to 800 each :rolleyes: but at least it is a good list of players.
A few medal signatures for those who were hanging out for them.

The breakdown of a box.
36 hall of fame cards (33 in a set)
4 All australian cards (1 in 9)
4 Hall of fame parallels (1 in 9)
1 Draft signature card (1 in 36)
1 Commemorative Premiership card (1 in 36)
1 Legend card (1 in 36)
1 Medal winner (1 in 36)
12 inserts per box plus a 1 in 2 chance for a patch card.

Negatives.
I can't see any reason why they didn't do the whole first round signatures for consistency's sake and just add on Hamling, Hill & Taggert like the rookie expectations of 2009.
Medal signatures numbered to 200. 16 box cases again?
No Predictors.
NRL had parallels of 100 and 50 in their captain cards. That had me intrigued but we get logo patches numbered to 200 instead and speaking of those.

Manufactured patches?????? Are you kidding me? Piss poor effort. All this time they whinge about how hard it is to make patch cards and then when they finally do bring them back due to competition it's with manufactured logos.

double-facepalm.jpg

Sure am Paul, mate is a collingwood supporter and wants 2 of the damn cards so do you think i had a choice. :( Yay. I get to meet collingwood players.

I reckon it is a good release - I will be (hopefully) all over the Kevin Murray signature, what a great ambassador for the game he is. The patch cards, "bogus" or not, are at least something different. I reckon if Select randomly inserted gold nuggets into boxes some people would still find fault.

i reckon the logo cards would've worked if they used a smaller piece of guernsey (real) and also added a signature that couldve allowed them to make the premiership commemorative the 1:72 insert and the GU cards more rarer

Good and bad I think. I was hoping they did the first 25 picks again since they did it for the Gold Coast last year.
As a Collingwood supporter I can't complain: 6 All Australian, 3 Premiership Commemoratives, 1 Draft Signature, 1 Patch, 1 Medal and The Dane Swan Brownlow Signature Redemption I was hoping for.
Looking forward to getting a Buddy Signature, even though I don't support Hawthorn, that will be one for the private collection.

Lol at manufactured patches!!! Why even bother?!? It has absolutely NO MEANING what so ever......... Still no real reason to get right back into footy cards, 1 box and then back to NBA for me again!

Back
Top Bottom