2012 NBA Draft Thread

Watched draft earlier today, and have just finished reading everyones comments. Agree with most, particularly with how hard it is to decide on a PC player from these guys, so I am taking the easy (kinda) way out, I'll just be going for a whole pile of the Rookie Auto sets (as I usually do lol), but here is my take on the 2012 Draft.

1) New Orleans may have their own big 3 in Davis, Rivers and Eric Gordon in about 2 seasons time, so depending on what they do with the rest of the roster, they could be very competitive.

2) I love Kings frontcourt of Robinson and Cousins. It is mean and nasty and full of talent. Aside from Davis, Thomas Robinson is the most NBA ready guy drafted today. Just a heads up to everyone who is interested in the Robinson story (one of the saddest I have heard), ESPN did an awesome piece on him at half time of the NCAA National Championship Game, going into great detail as to the tragedies that he had to face, but also the way the Kansas team got around him and helped him through it, very uplifting. Not sure if it would be available for download, but I am sure his story will be told and re-told over the next few months and throughout his Rookie season.

3) Other winners include (but not limited to) Detroit (still think Drummond is gonna be a stud), Golden State (Barnes should make an awesome fit), Portland (2 great players at positions of need for them) and OKC (Perry Jones slid the most out of any player, so as long as his knee is OK, this will end up being the steal of this draft).

4) Draft losers: Cleveland - I am not saying that Waiters is not a great player (coz he is), but he could have also been had at around 10 spot, so why didnt Cavs trade down to 8-10 slot, get a decent player or an additional 1st round pick, and still get Waiters at 8-10. Worst case scenario just draft Robinson and shop him around. Also unlucky today were Jared Sullinger and Perry Jones III, who's injury concerns had MASSIVE consequences on their final draft positions, but hopefully both players can regain full health and show over 20 other teams what they missed out on.

5) One final winner out of today - Kentucky Wildcats with 6 players drafted - the first time ever, such a massive achievement! No wonder they won the National Championship, and to think that this years top (arguably) High School Player as well as another top prospect are heading to Kentucky this year as well.

Bring on Summers Leagues

Well, as I said in the Thunder thread... didn't expect Jones to drop that low even after being "red flagged"; but very very happy to get him, was EXACTLY the guy I wanted them to draft at that point in time. Very happy! :D

P.S. LMFAO @ the Cavs selecting Waiters @ #4 :lol:

100% agree on jones for thunder, if he gets the professional help at OkC to make sure his knee is at 100% health, that has got to be a huge win, especially with the talent the team already has.

I've been waiting for this draft for so long! I can't belive Perry Jones slipped to 28. Thunder would be laughing now, he was a top 10 prospect! The mock draft had him at #1 for 4 months. Having not collected a single card of a rookie from last year I will be chasing Austin Rivers and maybe Harrison Barnes. I've been waiting for Rivers to be drafted. i've been watching his mixtapes on youtube which were unbelievable. Even though he had more turn overs than assists at Duke he'll still be a stud. I might pick up a few auto's of Tony Wroten aswell. Has the potential to turn himself into a Rondo like player. Really like Thomas Robinson off the court to. Seems like a great guy. NHO 2013 Champs :p

I love the story behind Robinson, such a tough thing to go through but he put it on his shoulders and is looking forward. I teared up a bit when I heard what happened then seen him give his little sister a hug on draft night. Might grab a RAP of his along with MKG when something nice comes out.

It's a good year for rookies. So many things to be excited about! I'm not planning on starting any new player pcs, but I'd like to get a few rookie autos for my pc including rivers, mkg and beal

I love the story behind Robinson, such a tough thing to go through but he put it on his shoulders and is looking forward. I teared up a bit when I heard what happened then seen him give his little sister a hug on draft night. Might grab a RAP of his along with MKG when something nice comes out.
I teared up a bit when they interviewed him after being drafted

Possibly the most mature person in the Kings locker room.

Back
Top Bottom