Muzza

Back to Belmore
Real Name
Murray
eBay User
muzz456
COMC User
muzz456
Contenders box arrived yesterday but only just finished busting. Work takes priority only so I can afford to buy more cards. Didn't do a live break as such coz I couldn't be bothered stopping and starting. Here's the pack by pack.

1- Legendary Champions, Eli Manning
2- Base
3- Rookie Stallion, Doug Martin
4- Base :whistle:
5- MVP, Arian Foster
6- Rookie Auto, Ryan Lindley (Cardinals)
7- Rookie Stallion, Trent Richardson
8- Rookie Auto, Jeff Fuller (Dolphins)
9- MVP, Calvin Johnson Jr
10- Base
11- ROY Contenders, Mark Barron
12- Rookie Auto, Tavon Wilson (Patriots) :blink:
13- MVP, Cam Newton
14- Rookie Stallion, Alfred Morris
15- ROY Contenders, Melvin Ingram
16- Rookie Auto, Isaiah Pead (Rams) on card auto
17- Legendary Champions, James Harrison
18- Rookie Auto, Vontaze Burfict (Bengals) great name
19- ROY Contenders, Doug Martin
20- Base
21- Legendary Champions, Kurt Warner
22- Rookie Auto, BJ Cunningham (Eagles)
23- Rookie Stallion, Alshon Jeffery
24- Base

I'll have scans up eventually, soon as my wife vacates the main computer (too much work, not enough play).

Got 6 autos, one on-card, and was reading reviews where there were some boxes with 5 only and no on-cards. Even though the 6 are pretty poor gets. Has anyone heard of Tavon Wilson? Also, Google Ryan Lindley, worst QB stats in the NFL. :confused:

Also noticed that the Morris Stallion is a black numbered 47/50, the only numbered card in the entire box. So that's probably my big box hit. :ermm:

Actually quite happy with this box, no bigguns but these are really sweet looking cards.
Might go after a few more Stallions & MVP's and of course Broncos, but let me know if anyone wants anything.

Lindley is not the worse qb in the NFL.... got thrown in the deep end last year (rookie who was 3rd string behind Kolb and Skelton and ended up starting) Could be a solid back up/sometime starter.... This the idea of Contenders tho.... all the no name rookies who are yet to have am NFL licensed card out there.... you're not meant to have heard of them ;)
Make sure you check if they are sp variations as some of these even of the scrubs can go for big money.... Do not sell or trade any of these until you know their worth (Ebay complete auctions are a good guide usually, but make sure you take not of ones that have ended AFTER the print runs were released as some SSP's go for next top nothing and then once the print runs are released they can go for some big coin)

Thanks for the tip Jonathon. I read an article about Ryan Lindley having the worst 2012 stats of QB's with 10 or more passes. He still looks like he's in the mix for sure though, I was just being a bit ironic (trust me to pull worst QB).
The deal with short prints has something to do with the stats on the back of the cards? Think I read that somewhere too. Fuller & Cunningham have no stats around the team logo. Either way, I'm still building a collection so not in a hurry to offload, unless for a decent "Donks" trade.:p

And here's the haul.

Scan.jpeg
Scan 1.jpeg

And the BOX HIT :wave: for what it's worth!!!

Scan 3.jpeg

Thanks for the tip Jonathon. I read an article about Ryan Lindley having the worst 2012 stats of QB's with 10 or more passes. He still looks like he's in the mix for sure though, I was just being a bit ironic (trust me to pull worst QB).
The deal with short prints has something to do with the stats on the back of the cards? Think I read that somewhere too. Fuller & Cunningham have no stats around the team logo. Either way, I'm still building a collection so not in a hurry to offload, unless for a decent "Donks" trade.:p

Had a look on ebay and didnt see any (variation or otherwise that commanded decent money for these guys :()

Don't take my word for it though :)

Yeah, really nice in hand. At least with this set you get a bit of box break experience. Can't see the attraction or value of Limited, Prime or Playbook where you get 1 pack and as much chance of a big hit as with these.

Yeah, really nice in hand. At least with this set you get a bit of box break experience. Can't see the attraction or value of Limited, Prime or Playbook where you get 1 pack and as much chance of a big hit as with these.

Better off Getting 2011 Playbook - under $90 a box but it is a massive crapshoot... I may go a case share at some point in 2012 Playbook but no value in it atm... There's no point in buying stuff at release, where not trying to flip so the prices are too high to justify.... They are sweet cards though

The Autos that don't have the stats around them are "Variations" not neccessarily "SP's". The only SP's i see listed on the SP lists is the Cunningham Variation (/200) and the pead (/500).

As for Wilson, he actually wasn't too bad this season. From memory I don't think he was a starter but did get a good amount of snaps at CB and both Safety positions.

Hi Murray, a few of the guys have got a bit of a box break group going as you might have seen from some of the posts in the mailday section. We are trying to get another one up and running if you are interested. If you are let us know so we can add you to the conversations. Cheers NeilD

Hi Murray, a few of the guys have got a bit of a box break group going as you might have seen from some of the posts in the mailday section. We are trying to get another one up and running if you are interested. If you are let us know so we can add you to the conversations. Cheers NeilD

Hey there Neil, I've been reading a bit about this in the other post. Sounds like a great idea but probably would only be interested if the Broncos were available, which doesn't appear likely atm. Anyway, let me know what happens as far as that goes.
Cheers, Muzza.

Back
Top Bottom