2011 NBA Offseason Rumours & Info

If, IFFFFFFF, he signed for Vet minimum and did as he was told and actualy showed some sort of veteran presence I could see him in a Bulls uniform! Maybe too much of an ego or I CBF'd attitude going on with him to work at the Bulls?

I don't think Vinsanity has an ego problem. He was more than happy to take a back-seat in Orlando. And he was great in New Jersey.

Age is starting to hit up though, he'll be 34 this year. Perhaps the "CBF'd" attitude. He's always lacked a clutch ability. Had a chance to help the Magic put over the Celtics last season in the playoffs and missed crucial free throws.

If Rubio is the future face of the franchise, then bring in his compatriot to guide him through what can be a very difficult league. If you asked the Lakers and Wolves right now, both would probably say it's a long-shot. That doesn't mean Gasol for Love won't happen because it's something that should happen.

If Dwight ain't coming in any deal, which now looks likely, then Gasol for Love I'll take. Kevin's got eight years on Gasol to develop and I can see him sticking around long term with the Lakers seeing he was from UCLA. Bynum/Love as young as they are could form a great two big man combo. As Bryant gets older, eventually there going to have to come up with young player's to form the new star alliance in the team, much as Kobe/Shaq when they were younger. I like the thought of this deal.

---------- Post added 21-06-2011 at 08:54 PM ----------

If Dwight ain't coming in any deal, which now looks likely, then Gasol for Love I'll take. Kevin's got eight years on Gasol to develop and I can see him sticking around long term with the Lakers seeing he was from UCLA. Bynum/Love as young as they are could form a great two big man combo. As Bryant gets older, eventually there going to have to come up with young player's to form the new star alliance in the team, much as Kobe/Shaq when they were younger. I like the thought of this deal.

Josh Robbins: Got off the phone with #Magic GM Otis Smith a while ago. He said -- again -- that the team will NOT trade @Dwight Howard. Twitter

:lol: I'm actually starting to take a shine to him haha
The 2nd one was supposed to be the shoot around vid, he went straight and had a workout at their facility, pretty cool stuff.

---------- Post added 22-06-2011 at 10:02 AM ----------

Magic Johnson's photo "Blake Griffin is a superstar ..." on WhoSay

---------- Post added 22-06-2011 at 11:27 AM ----------

Rumors: San Antonio #Spurs in trade talks involving Tony Parker

---------- Post added 22-06-2011 at 11:34 AM ----------

ignore the headline just watch the shooting

@rickyrubio9 haha did u understand all the questions in the press conference?

@Joeingles7 all except one. Thank u I learn a lot english this year. U r my teacher!!!

@rickyrubio9 Haha what one didn't u understand? No problem mate!

:lol: Go Ingles!

IS IT JUST Me, or is anyone else fairly peeved a lockout is on the cards?

How wealthy does one person need to be?

Especially in a country that is broke? The rich get richer & the poor get poorer.

If this lockout happens, it will change the way I look at the NBA & the greed it's athletes display.

There may be a PC for sale soon!

There is definitely going to be an NBA lockout - Ball Don't Lie - NBA*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

NBA Lockout 2011 Issues - Is NBA Lockout Possible in 2011? - Esquire

Will There Be An NBA Lockout in 2011?

The 1998-99 NBA season was reduced to 50-games as a result of the NBA’s owners locking out the players until a new collective bargaining agreement was reached. Out of the more than 450 players that have played in the NBA in 2009 season, only 55 experienced the 1999 lockout.

Is the NBA about to enter another period of significant labor unrest?

The NBA’s CBA will expire after the 2010-11 season. Unless a new agreement is reached, the second NBA work stoppage in about a decade would take place in September 2011.

With teams in the red, owners are looking to even out the breakdown of the Basketball Related Income (BRI) — ticket sales, TV contracts, parking, and beer, mostly, but not fines or revenue sharing — which currently sends 57 percent to players and 43 percent to owners. The biggest stumbling blocks? Owners want to cut player salaries by roughly one-third and introduce a hard salary cap — and they want to keep the cap that way by eliminating exceptions like signing bonuses or deferred compensation.

NBA Officially Cancels Vegas Summer League (18 June)

David Aldridge to Adam Silver: Vegas Summer League officially cancelled as result of calendar, not to send message.

Laughable!

Reports have suggested for months that summer league would die this season based on the assumed NBA lockout, which could begin July 1. If there is a lockout, free agency would be pushed from its normal July 1 start and teams would not be allowed to contact players under contract or sign rookies from the 2011 NBA Draft, scheduled for June 23. That kind of kills the point of summer league, which is to give rookies, young players and unsigned free agents a chance to get acclimated to their team and play under an NBA coaching staff.

---------- Post added 22-06-2011 at 04:08 PM ----------

@LarryCoon Also -- for those thinking July 1 is D-Day. Remember in 2005 there was also a lockout. But they agreed in time to avoid losing any games.

---------- Post added 22-06-2011 at 04:09 PM ----------

Rather Gasol stay instead of Bynum, too injury plagued.

@KBerg_CBS: You can wipe the Pau Gasol-to-Minnesota rumor from your memory banks. "Not happening," says a source.

Josh Smith - to the Celtics!!! Heard it here first!! (fingers crossed it's actually true) Rumour is he wants to play for the C's. They can have Green and BBD if they want them. Smith is still only 25!!

Yeah it would be difficult for Nash to win a ring if he stayed put. Time to open his options as his window has already started to narrow.

TRADE RUMOURS

Marc J. Spears: Lakers have no interest in trading Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum, source said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Kahn laughed at the notion the Wolves might swing a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers for Gasol, who is from Spain and might be able to help Rubio adjust to the NBA and the country. "This is something that we don't have to address today," Kahn said, "but if that's something that is necessary and if that would ease the transition, then I think, of course, we need to address that."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Wojnarowski: Two teams willing to draft 7-footer Jonas Valanciunas with expectation they could have to wait two years, sources say: Bucks and Warriors

Read more: HoopsHype - NBA Media Twitters

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Wojnarowski: Two teams willing to draft 7-footer Jonas Valanciunas with expectation they could have to wait two years, sources say: Bucks and Warriors

Read more: HoopsHype - NBA Media Twitters

CBA

Roger Mason: Another long day of meetings with the NBA and the Owners. We made a little progress, but we're still pretty far away. Friday will tell a lot Twitter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In what Stern termed a "modest" proposal, the players on Tuesday offered to reduce salaries by $500 million over a five-year deal, sources with knowledge of the proposal told CBSSports.com. The $100 million-per-year reduction would be achieved through a reduction in the players' share of basketball-related income (BRI) by from 57 percent to 54.3 percent, sources said. The owners and players continue to disagree about the expenses the owners want taken off the top before revenues are shared with the players. The owners' proposal, sources said, would reduce the players' effective share of BRI -- once expenses were deducted -- to less than 50 percent by the third year of their 10-year proposal and to 36 percent in the last three years of the deal. The players' salary and benefits for the 2010-11 season were approximately $2.17 billion, sources said. CBSSports.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sides will try again Friday. The Players Association and NBA owners met for nearly three hours yesterday without coming close to a resolution. However, they agreed to sit down Friday as the union mulls the NBA's latest counter-proposal. Sources said the Players Association delivered its new proposal after which the owners countered. For the first time, commissioner David Stern revealed the league has offered what he termed "a flexible cap," as opposed to a hard cap. New York Post

Bit of a gamble I think, they may think George Hill is ready to start and lead though. Parker still played 36 min/game in the playoffs and averaged near 20ppg and 5apg.
George Hill was 31min/game and 12ppg and 2apg.

IS IT JUST Me, or is anyone else fairly peeved a lockout is on the cards?

How wealthy does one person need to be?

Especially in a country that is broke? The rich get richer & the poor get poorer.

If this lockout happens, it will change the way I look at the NBA & the greed it's athletes display.

There may be a PC for sale soon!

Disagree.....it all comes back to how much money the league makes....just like the AFL talks at the moment....without the players, there is no league, no money....they deserve their fair share.

Back
Top Bottom