2011 NBA Offseason Rumours & Info

Charles Barkley Expects Full-Season Lockout

Barkley says no NBA season? OMFG what the he'll are we gonna do?????

- - Barkley Is a pretty smart dude. What he says DOES make sence. ... That would really suck. I don't think I could take a full season without basketball. Think about how It would screw over these older guys. Grant Hill will be 39. Steve Nash will be 38. Jason Kidd Is 38. KG Is 35. ... Even the younger guys. Lebron and everyone. It would really suck taking away a year out of their career. ... Hope It doesn't happen !

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. does that mean no 2k12 game? lol.. no seriously.. no NBA... *#$#$*&(#&^$#&&^#@^&@(#(#@*&$(#@^%&(#)$*)#($^#$!!!

I think lockout is not a bad thing for the hobby.
For singles, all card prices will take hit, and you can pick your pc players at 60% of current price.
For box breakers, as new rookie class sucks, there is no point to break 11-12 boxes at release price. 10-11 boxes price will take hit as this 10-11 rc class sucks so far, and box prices probably will be at 60-70% at current prices.

The best part is, after Panini paid huge amount to obtain a multi-year NBA license and release junk after junk to gain its cost back, the NBA is locked and their product can't sells. It might be the time to bring multi-players back to the court!

Yeah but when it gets down to it, I don't give a hoot about cards and companies and boxes, it's just a bonus and something to do on the side, give me my bball!!!!!!!!

my wife is hoping there is a lockout!!! then she doesnt have to listen to me dribble about bball....

I think lockout is not a bad thing for the hobby.
For singles, all card prices will take hit, and you can pick your pc players at 60% of current price.
For box breakers, as new rookie class sucks, there is no point to break 11-12 boxes at release price. 10-11 boxes price will take hit as this 10-11 rc class sucks so far, and box prices probably will be at 60-70% at current prices.

The best part is, after Panini paid huge amount to obtain a multi-year NBA license and release junk after junk to gain its cost back, the NBA is locked and their product can't sells. It might be the time to bring multi-players back to the court!

Yeah but when it gets down to it, I don't give a hoot about cards and companies and boxes, it's just a bonus and something to do on the side, give me my bball!!!!!!!!

Was pretty much gonna say the same thing Matt...... screw cards lol... I want my ball! :p

What I know of it is that the players association has agreed to take a cut in their percentage of revenue they get and which can be adjusted on a sliding scale depending on revenue I believe; but last I heard is the owners still want a hard cap. I really don't see the players agreeing to that and nor should they. I really don't get why the owners want that though...... they have ultimate control in how much they spend, yes they have to remain competitive, but still...... do they REALLY want a hard cap? Do they understand the flexibility they will lose with a hard cap? No MLE's, no resigning your own players unless you can fit them under the cap etc etc..

i REALLY do not want a lockout.....like probably more so then anyone else here. on the 1st of April ill be flying out to the States on my honeymoon. were doing LA, Vegas, Boston, NY, Washington and Miami. and depending on the schedule was planning to see a game or 2 in most locations. this may be the only chance ill ever get to see an NBA game....and theres gonna be a lockout....

Lockout FTW! Think of the positive's we wouldnt have to listen to Lebron all year about how he wants to win is ring :p

HeatAbandoners.jpg

Was pretty much gonna say the same thing Matt...... screw cards lol... I want my ball! :p

What I know of it is that the players association has agreed to take a cut in their percentage of revenue they get and which can be adjusted on a sliding scale depending on revenue I believe; but last I heard is the owners still want a hard cap. I really don't see the players agreeing to that and nor should they. I really don't get why the owners want that though...... they have ultimate control in how much they spend, yes they have to remain competitive, but still...... do they REALLY want a hard cap? Do they understand the flexibility they will lose with a hard cap? No MLE's, no resigning your own players unless you can fit them under the cap etc etc..
I never said lockout is a good thing.
What I was trying to say is we need to find some optimistic sides from the lockout. Coz we cannot change the result of lockout, but if you are smart enough and slowly build up your collection or investment when nobody wants them and when the games start again, you can just sit there and enjoy your collection or profit.
The lockout will eventually ceased, won't last too long. I believe most players will suffer with a year of no pay. And most mid-class players will finally realize the new 45m cap won't affect them much but will cut all the superstars' salaries by substantial percentage.

A lock out season will benefit those with nagging injuries... and maybe Shaq can come back for one more run...LOL!

But I wonder how will the players keep their mind focus and body conditioned if there's no season... maybe they can have a training camp and practice all year.

Back
Top Bottom