2011 NBA Offseason Rumours & Info

lol...marbury has become the biggest headcase out there! did you see him being interviewed a while back and he was talking about eating vaseline...what a fruit cake...

Backcourt of AI and Marbury would be a loopy one!

Made more credible by the reported feud between Ellis & Curry.

Now they're saying Iguodala for Chris Kaman.

That would be a pretty sick deal. Opens up the door for Evan Turner and Thad Young to both start, alongside Jrue Holiday, with Brand at the 4 and Kaman at the 5. Not bad.

And for the Clippers they get a secondary guy for Blake Griffin who plays great defense, is a great passer and defender.

The clippers would be looking seriously good if that deal goes through!

I forgot they had Eric Gordon. Which is good because Iggy isn't a primary scorer kind of guy. But his all-around game next to Gordon's prolific scoring, and Griffin's prolific above-the-rim game and rebounding dominance. Damn! DeAnder at the 5, just lacking a point guard. They have Mo at the moment don't they, how long is he under contract??

Not sure how long Mo is signed for, but if he sticks around, look out! Who knows who they might pick up in the draft. The wolves ate looking for a experienced pg, maybe a deal could be worked out for mo and Flynn?

Toronto Coach position

And then there were two. According to multiple NBA sources, the Raptors have narrowed the search for a new coach to two men: Dallas Mavericks assistant Dwane Casey and Boston Celtic assistant Lawrence Frank.

NBA CBA

Derek Fisher: its very clear that if we don't agree to owners' proposal, there's probably going to be a lockout. Twitter

Stern said they “haven’t reached agreement on anything,” and he reiterated that owners still want massive changes to the league’s salary structure, saying they need a “very significant restructuring for the owners to have a sustainable investment here on hopefully approaching $5 billion of revenue.” The union declined to comment until after Wednesday’s meeting

Gilbert

The NBA has fined Gilbert Arenas for comments made on his Twitter account, NBA spokesman Tim Frank confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel on Wednesday. The league did not specify how much the fine was for or which specific comments violated league rules. Orlando Sentinel

Draft Prospect

When Kenneth Faried rebounds, it's an event. As seen Tuesday at the Nuggets' draft workout, the 6-foot-8 Faried doesn't jump for a rebound as much as he soars. His chiseled arms always seem to rise just a little higher that his opponents' and when he grabs the ball, he'll occasionally let out a primal scream, to mark the occasion. The Morehead State alum was one of six players who worked out at Pepsi Center. He could be the best fit for the Nuggets. "The guy is a relentless rebounder, one of the best who has played in college," said Mike Bratz, the Nuggets' director of scouting. "With his energy level and consistency, he's got a lot going for him." Denver Post

D-League

Allan Houston has long been rumored to be moving higher up in the New York Knicks front office, but I don't think anyone ever suggested he'd become the general manager of an NBA Development League team first. That's exactly what has happened, however, as the Knicks said in the press release announcing their acquiring of the Erie BayHawks (as first reported here) that the former All-Star will be heading up the D-League team's player personnel department. "The opportunity to have this new agreement with the Erie BayHawks and the NBA D-League is very exciting for the New York Knicks," Houston said in the release. "The impact of the NBA D-League continues to grow, and we look forward to this partnership."

Not sure how long Mo is signed for, but if he sticks around, look out! Who knows who they might pick up in the draft. The wolves ate looking for a experienced pg, maybe a deal could be worked out for mo and Flynn?

Rumour has it Rubio will be at the Wolves, so they may deal one of their many for the experienced Mo.

If Iggy goes to the clips they have a seriously good base in Gordon, Mo at guard, Jordan, Griffin and Iggy at small forward. Plus u have 3 awesome dunkers - would be great to watch.

76ers

A person familiar with the negotiations says that Comcast-Spectacor is going to sell the Philadelphia 76ers of the NBA for between $300 million to $330 million, with the price likely to be closer to $300 million. Forbes

Durant - Ballin'

Oklahoma City Thunder All-Star Kevin Durant played Monday night in the Goodman League, an outdoor league at Barry Farms in Southeast Washington D.C. According to dc.sbnation.com, Durant has participated in at least one league game every summer since he entered the NBA four years ago and his first appearance dates back to when he was 16 years old. Durant had 60 points in a game three years ago and had 52 points in a game in 2009. On Monday, he had 26 first-half points and 41 total despite having not touched a basketball in a week.

Read more: NBA Rumors - InsideHoops.com

Yao Done?

Yao Ming has cast doubt on his return to the NBA by admitting to the possibility he may not play again as he battles to recover from his latest injury, Chinese media reported. The towering Houston Rockets center, China's most recognizable athlete, told CCTV he could not predict when, or indeed if, he would fully recover from a serious ankle fracture suffered last November. "I don't know if I would join some champion team in the future," the China Daily quoted him as saying when asked about leaving a new-look Rockets team. "I don't even know if I can play again."

Ray Ray has exercised the last year on his contract. They could still offload him but I cannot see how when he has just had the best year out of his last 4.

Yao Done?

Yao Ming has cast doubt on his return to the NBA by admitting to the possibility he may not play again as he battles to recover from his latest injury, Chinese media reported. The towering Houston Rockets center, China's most recognizable athlete, told CCTV he could not predict when, or indeed if, he would fully recover from a serious ankle fracture suffered last November. "I don't know if I would join some champion team in the future," the China Daily quoted him as saying when asked about leaving a new-look Rockets team. "I don't even know if I can play again."

Shame about Yao. The guy was supremely talented for a guy his stature, who wasn't that quick etc. Great fundamental moves and a soft touch.

Coming into the league at age 22 it's disappointing that this will be it for him (if he calls it quits) as he's only 30, but he's had a good career. Will easily go down as the greatest player in Chinese, if not Asian history. His NBA career highlights include being the #1 pick overall, 8 x NBA All-Star and 5 x All-NBA Selection (twice All-NBA 2nd).

Granted he didn't deserve some of those All-Star selections but he really impacted basketball in Asia in terms of popularity and the NBA as well. I think without his injuries he arguably could've been the best of his draft class too, which featured All-Stars like Amar'e Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer and Caron Butler. With Shaq on the decline, Yao truly would have taken center stage as the center out West to match Dwight Howard in the East.

Yao formed great duos with both Steve Francis and Tracy McGrady, and in his two best seasons when he was healthy the Rockets won 51 and 53 games. Clearly he was effective. His best season was probably 2008-09 when he averaged 19.7 PPG, 9.9 RPG and 2.0 BPG on remarkable averages of 54.8% FG's and 86.6% FT's. His actual career highs for points and rebounds are 25.0 PPG and 10.8 RPG but in those seasons he only played 48 and 55 games.

If this is it, well done to the big fella I say!

Made more credible by the reported feud between Ellis & Curry.

I thought they made up?

I would LOVE to see him back in a bench role for a good team.... surely he knows he can't fill a starters role right now (other than maybe the Cavs :lol:), so hopefully someone picks him up.

He's signed for the next two & a player option for the next year.

If Iggy goes to the clips they have a seriously good base in Gordon, Mo at guard, Jordan, Griffin and Iggy at small forward. Plus u have 3 awesome dunkers - would be great to watch.

Lakers are done...... bring on the Clippers!! :D

Big O has never been an MJ fan, notice how he never chucks a name out there himself.....for what it matters.....

Back
Top Bottom