2011 All-Australian

Warney

Number 20.
Real Name
Anthony
eBay User
tazzad1109
Few players robbed of a spot!

B: Scarlett (Geel), Glass (WCE), Enright (Geel)
HB: Murphy (WB), Reid (Coll), Davis (Coll)
C: Thomas (Coll), Mitchell (Haw), Pendlebury (Coll)
Foll: Cox (WCE), Judd (Carl), Ablett (GC)
HF: Murphy (Carl), Cloke (Coll), Swan (Coll)
F: Milne (St K), Franklin (Haw), Goodes (Syd)
INT: Boyd (WB), Dal Santo (St K), Kelly (Geel), Petrie (NM)

also, the winners of the other awards.

2011 Mark of the Year- Andrew Krakouer
2011 Goal of the Year- Hayden Ballantyne

You are kidding me... Gibson ABSOLUTELY ROBBED Scarlett hasn't had to do what Gibbo did this year - both guard a man AND play third man up while trying NOT to screw that up... what a sham!

Nick Dal Santo and Stephen Milne Made it :woot:. Robert Murphy was a surprise for me getting in instead of Brett Deledio:blink:.

You are kidding me... Gibson ABSOLUTELY ROBBED Scarlett hasn't had to do what Gibbo did this year - both guard a man AND play third man up while trying NOT to screw that up... what a sham!

100% agree with you mate! Gibbo has been awesome all year!

and Steve Johnson nowhere to be seen?

---------- Post added 19-09-2011 at 06:32 PM ----------

Wow Petrie got in didn't expect that thought Goldstein would get in if anyone from North??? Walker didn't get mark of the year???

pretty hard for Goldstein to get the ruck spot over Cox who has had an awesome season.

For me, Krakouer's mark was 3rd best! Walker should of won it followed by Naitanui!

pretty hard for Goldstein to get the ruck spot over Cox who has had an awesome season.

Yeah agree with you there Anthony thought he may have snuck in for a Second ruck on the bench and Ryan Murphy is a surprise!

and Scott Thompson robbed as well. Not a fan of them placing midfielders on half-forward when a spot could be there for J.K.

Can you imagine putting that side on the park every week!

From a Sydney point of view, Goodes deserved it! But im biased!

Cheers
Matt

Too Bad He wasn't in the 40 man Squad would have been really happy if he got in the All Australian

hahaha if andrew walker played for collingwood he would have won mark of the year... he was robbed more than anyone who missed all aust selection
and scarlett?? he should be playing superleague already

well done milney and nicky dal

...and a BIG SHOUT OUT to the little sh!t stirrer ballantyne, i love the way he goes about it

Do people really think Scarlett hasn't had a good year? Or are they just stupid?

matthew scarlett deserves all australian selection about as much as Ben Nason deserves a brownlow medal.... scarlett takes the 3rd best tall every week, playing on blokes like quintin lynch.

i bet he doesn't play on kennedy once this weekend

Nick Dal Santo and Stephen Milne Made it :woot:. Ryan Murphy was a surprise for me getting in instead of Brett Deledio:blink:.
or Scotland, Gibbs.

---------- Post added 20-09-2011 at 06:35 AM ----------

How did Dale Thomas get in? A few more players had better years then him?

---------- Post added 20-09-2011 at 06:36 AM ----------

Scarlett was good this season but he wasn't the best out-and-out full-back..
He's retiring this year too.

Scotty T very very stiff not to get in IMO.
Scarlett....maybe 2-3 years ago but not any more, others are better than him.
Daisy Thomas......pffffft Eddie mcguire....nuff said.
Milne, nope, just not good or consistant enough

Do people really think Scarlett hasn't had a good year? Or are they just stupid?

Perhaps you should stop implying people are stupid for having differing opinions... especially when the opinions are he has not been as GOOD as others, not to say he hasn't had a good year.

And as for being named back pocket first time ever the All Australian team has select based on position rather than fitting in the best defenders.... Gibson was stiff, Scarlett was lucky. Simple.

To back up my point is look where Swan is named, yes he may have spent 30% of his time up forward, and he should be in the team I guesss.... but not as a HFF.... NOT if they were naming team based on position played for majority of year... therefore they have decided Scarlett was better than Gibson... which my personal opinion, based on all the help Scarlett had in his defence compared to Gibbo who still excelled except for a couple games... Gibbo by far should have been in ahead of Scarlett for the "back pocket" if Swan can play HFF based on spending less than half of his time there.

Same with Goodes, who spends time EVERYWHERE... and not all his time up forward, def not in a forward pocket... but he had to be selected so he was selected where they could fit him. Which strengthens the argument for Gibbo... Scarlett got in based on reputation.

Back
Top Bottom