Not open for further replies.

Benny J

Mr Big Shot...
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
15DVS
Heya Boys,

Now before i get started, I have cleared with with the mods....so...

I wanted to gauge interest and comfort level on a bit of a twist of a Group Case Break. Basically everyone who purchases a slot would be assigned a team from the NBA and would receive any card from that team from the case break!

Product: 08-09 Ultimate Collection Basketball 15 Box Case
Estimated Release Date: May 14, 2009
4 Cards per Pack. 1 Pack per Box. The Ultimate card set has returned! The return of Century Legends Epic Signatures! At least 9 Autographs per case! On average

Look for Autographed Rookie Logoman Patch cards numbered to 1!
120 Base Cards (#'d to 399)
20 Rookie Cards (#'d to 399)
20 Ultimate Legends (#'d to 399)
21 Ultimate Rookie auto/mem (#'d to 150)
Sell Sheet: See them here.....http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/card-discussions/44575-2008-09-ud-ultimate.html

Group Break would consist of 30 slots - one slot per NBA team. Teams and participants would be randomized via random.org

This is how the teams selection would happen:
[youtube]Outovl4Nz28[/youtube]

In the event of dual, triple quad cards, respective teams will be randomized to determine winner.

We would have to make sure its not 1 per member for multi cards of different teams. What I mean by that to make it more fair is if there is a card of magic/kobe/jordan then it wouldn't be fair if the lakers get 1 chance and bulls get 1 chance.

It would only be fair to make it lakers get 2 chances and bulls have 1 chance since there are two lakers in there. 4 players 4 chances (no matter if same member), 6 players 6 chances etc.

Player team will be determined by what is stated on the card itself, not by which team he may have been, or may be traded to or played for etc. This includes legends.

The selection of teams (via random.org) and eventually the entire case break will be videotaped and posted on ozcardtrader.com.au and on my youtube account.

Base, hits etc will be mailed out via express post. To participate you must have 5 feedback or more and be in good standing with the site. Australian members only.....

Cost per slot needs to be determined, but would include the case cost/30 (# of NBA Teams) plus PayPal and S&H fees. Maximum 3 slots per person.

Let me know what you guys think!

Cheers

Benny J

Well it's an interesting idea, but it significantly raises the possibility of no hits, while also raising the possibility of more than 1 hit. Strange! :)

Well it's an interesting idea, but it significantly raises the possibility of no hits, while also raising the possibility of more than 1 hit. Strange! :)

Exactly....and obviously with the possibility of getting some of the bigger teams....ie. Lakers/Bulls/Celtics.....the case break could be huge!!

We have had a few of these and they can be enojyable thats for sure. Just make sure you cover postage well mate, i ended up $40-$50 with the 2-3 of these i did haha.

We have had a few of these and they can be enojyable thats for sure. Just make sure you cover postage well mate, i ended up $40-$50 with the 2-3 of these i did haha.

Yeah....will do. It will all be express post so i will be calculating the cost of the envelopes, bubble wrap and i will also have to look into the cost of getting some top loaders/1 touch holders and factor all the in.

I expect the spots to be $45-$50 each....

how many cards and hits per case?

Did you even read the top post....if you click on the link it will give you all the details you need....

benny j said:
Product: 08-09 Ultimate Collection Basketball 15 Box Case
Estimated Release Date: May 14, 2009
4 Cards per Pack. 1 Pack per Box. The Ultimate card set has returned! The return of Century Legends Epic Signatures! At least 9 Autographs per case! On average

Look for Autographed Rookie Logoman Patch cards numbered to 1!
120 Base Cards (#'d to 399)
20 Rookie Cards (#'d to 399)
20 Ultimate Legends (#'d to 399)
21 Ultimate Rookie auto/mem (#'d to 150)
Sell Sheet: See them here.....http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/card-discussions/44575-2008-09-ud-ultimate.html

Did you even read the top post....if you click on the link it will give you all the details you need....

don't get your knickers in a knot, obviously i missed it.

so 45 -50 per slot, 30 slots and an ave of only 9 autos per case? that means you could e paying $50 for a couple of base cards if you miss the hits?

don't get your knickers in a knot, obviously i missed it.

so 45 -50 per slot, 30 slots and an ave of only 9 autos per case? that means you could e paying $50 for a couple of base cards if you miss the hits?

Correct....but if you look at it the other way....$50 for the case hit or hits....:D

I'm 15 years old and am prepared to part with $100 to possibly get something worth $1000+ surely you guys with real jobs are to aye?
You could pay $50 and get an MJ, Bird, Magic auto card and sell it for god knows what. If you get no hits at all the base cards are still numbered to 399and surely theres some pc hunters out there who will take them off your hands at $5+ a piece.

I'm 15 years old and am prepared to part with $100 to possibly get something worth $1000+ surely you guys with real jobs are to aye?
You could pay $50 and get an MJ, Bird, Magic auto card and sell it for god knows what. If you get no hits at all the base cards are still numbered to 399and surely theres some pc hunters out there who will take them off your hands at $5+ a piece.

do you know the odds of pulling an mj? that's beside the point. It's up to the individual if they want to take part in this, no one has said not too.

It has been done before i think, the only issue is people want a guarenteed hit for the $50 or $100, this case break is a little like chucking $50 on number 1 at flemington....but so is breaking a lot of boxes yourself..... so it will be interesting to see if you fill it.... im undecided on whether i would grab a spot or two.....

15 Hits 30 spots, 15 or more could receive base only, no way I would join a share without a hit per spot. Every one may seem happy and excited leading up to it, but watch what happens when they receive nothing but base, just my 2c.
Rob

Sure you might get a great card for not much, but the best fun about cards is opening them yourself!!! So much fun, I couldnt handle my money being layyed down for someone else to open them. :p

thats it mate, i think people will put there $$$ towards a case share to open their own box over this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom