2006 Panini World Cup Cards

jpamboris

OzCardTrader
Real Name
John
Hi all,
What is the deal with these cards? I have noticed they have skyrocketed in price, especially the Messi and Ronaldo cards.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks in advance..

They are the rookie world cup cards of 2 of the all time greatest footballers. I think you will find the early Mess/CR7 cards have risen sharply across the board. Check out their mega cracks/craques rookies and these world cup cards seem like a bargain compared to those bad boys!

Bargain? I have seen psa 10s going for in excess of 5k... these were not rare or uncommon cards and this set was quite big here..

yes bargain compared to their actual rookies as i stated. There's a PWCC psa 10 CR7 rookie mega craques currently on ebay bidding is at $43k ausd. Still 3 days left to go in that auction will be interesting to see where it finishes

WOW! Even other players in this 2006 set are going for much higher values. Ibra, Zidane, Beckham etc...
The CR7 Rookie you are referring to sounds like a proper rare RC.

Yeh this 2006 set will become a classic set.
The 2002 CR7 ronaldo megacraques rookie i am referring to is his actual rookie card from his Sporting Lisbon days. Extremely rare and exotic card.
Still cannot believe the rise in prices though!

Do you think it is purely because of CR7 and Messi? There were other World Cup sets also such as Panini 98 which had 100 cards i think. Do you have a link to the RC?

Wow that's like MJ's RC. Who would have thought at the time?
I still have some sealed boxes of the 98 cards. Not sure of value though as i have not seen any around...

I think it will surpass MJs Fleer rookie card due to the sheer rarity of this card in higher grades. Imagine he wins the next World Cup!
Those sealed 98 World cup boxes are worth a fair bit last time i checked over US-$500!

messi.jpg

yes bargain compared to their actual rookies as i stated. There's a PWCC psa 10 CR7 rookie mega craques currently on ebay bidding is at $43k ausd. Still 3 days left to go in that auction will be interesting to see where it finishes
hey can you send the link to this item please?

Back
Top Bottom