For Sale 2002 NRL select Darren Lockyer redemption

Itchy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Travis
Hi just wanting to know advice before I officially sell my Darren Lockyer from 2002 I have only redeemed this in 2020 but I would like to know if I should get this card graded to increase value?
I have also been told it’s worth $450-$750. I believe it’s worth more would I be right?

8AF2DDCF-2434-4A5D-B398-5699A72ECAC0.png

4607D0EA-5BAA-4C5D-811D-A4BB6F50B397.png

It is a very hard card to get and of a popular player too. I am unsure on the grading aspect, seems to be a bigger thing for American cards but can’t hurt, unless the grading comes back low.

Price wise, I think more than $450 but not more than $650. In comparison, a 12 Dynasty Lockyer is /100 and goes for around $600 while an 09 Captains Signature is /50 and generally sits around 1k or maybe a bit more.

I hope this helps, good luck with the sale.

It is a very hard card to get and of a popular player too. I am unsure on the grading aspect, seems to be a bigger thing for American cards but can’t hurt, unless the grading comes back low.

Price wise, I think more than $450 but not more than $650. In comparison, a 12 Dynasty Lockyer is /100 and goes for around $600 while an 09 Captains Signature is /50 and generally sits around 1k or maybe a bit more.

I hope this helps, good luck with the sale.
Brendan is right on with those values.
If it was 5yrs ago, you could have got around 1k, but not now.
Who knows you may find someone that needs it and would pay 1200.

has to be worth four figures for sure as you just can’t buy this card anymore and there’s only two or three sealed boxes left and pretty sure it’s the same case I got my box and was lucky to pull this redemption and luckier it was Lockyer. Really would love previous sale info however and then the prices on eBay for those others are now $2*** which is so over board but then again these cards you just can’t get them now

Why ask for an opinion on price if your just going to say its with xxxx anyway.

Raper legends went for under $700 not long ago and i know which id prefer to have!
Very true but I would change my mind if I could find sales history. I have really just decided today about the four figure mark

has to be worth four figures for sure as you just can’t buy this card anymore and there’s only two or three sealed boxes left and pretty sure it’s the same case I got my box and was lucky to pull this redemption and luckier it was Lockyer. Really would love previous sale info however and then the prices on eBay for those others are now $2*** which is so over board but then again these cards you just can’t get them now

Back in the early Select days, redemptions weren’t numbered (as you have no doubt seen). The cards were redeemed in order and no doubt, a few collectors obtained specific numbers.

Your card is #085/110. Taking into account that Select always kept the #001 so that leaves 109 All Stars.

02 Challenge also had an Extreme Redemption which was redeemable for all signature cards in the set, there were ten of these in total.

So that leaves 99 of each All Star, I would suggest there is at least 6 or 7 not yet redeemed, unsure what number sequence the other three All Stars have reached.

To my mind, that leaves 20-30 cases unopened / sealed. Cardzone have two seperate listings that indicate stock at 9 boxes and I am sure Steve would have a couple more tucked away. I also know if two collectors who have at least one sealed case of 02 Challenge put away.

This is a great card, rate and sought after no doubt. The reality is that collecting has changed so much, this card is really only chased by a Broncos Collector as master set collectors don’t really exist anymore.

Lockyer has previously had signatures in 03 XL (jersey patch), 09 Classic (Captain), 12 Dynasty (Tribute) and then two further non packet releases /76 by Select. Unfortunately Lockyer is not light on high end signature cards.

At the end of the day, a card is only worth what someone will pay.

I know that a Brad Fitler equivalent from 01 Impact recently went for $450.

Back in the early Select days, redemptions weren’t numbered (as you have no doubt seen). The cards were redeemed in order and no doubt, a few collectors obtained specific numbers.

Your card is #085/110. Taking into account that Select always kept the #001 so that leaves 109 All Stars.

02 Challenge also had an Extreme Redemption which was redeemable for all signature cards in the set, there were ten of these in total.

So that leaves 99 of each All Star, I would suggest there is at least 6 or 7 not yet redeemed, unsure what number sequence the other three All Stars have reached.

To my mind, that leaves 20-30 cases unopened / sealed. Cardzone have two seperate listings that indicate stock at 9 boxes and I am sure Steve would have a couple more tucked away. I also know if two collectors who have at least one sealed case of 02 Challenge put away.

This is a great card, rate and sought after no doubt. The reality is that collecting has changed so much, this card is really only chased by a Broncos Collector as master set collectors don’t really exist anymore.

Lockyer has previously had signatures in 03 XL (jersey patch), 09 Classic (Captain), 12 Dynasty (Tribute) and then two further non packet releases /76 by Select. Unfortunately Lockyer is not light on high end signature cards.

Brendan, 8/10 of the extreme treasure redemptions have been redeemed.

Added info is that at the printer works the redemption cards were also stolen apparently that’s why the hole punch came in plus there’s chances of someone not redeeming and throwing the card or sitting in someone’s toy box that got dumped. So many possibilities but this card was very hard to redeem because of the printer works story

Added info is that at the printer works the redemption cards were also stolen apparently that’s why the hole punch came in plus there’s chances of someone not redeeming and throwing the card or sitting in someone’s toy box that got dumped. So many possibilities but this card was very hard to redeem because of the printer works story

Maybe, can’t say that adds value, how long is a piece of string?

The printer story is a bit of an urban legend. Dave might be able to shine more light on this.

This didn’t cause redemption cards to be hole punched. Select were already doing this in the 90’s with Cricket & AFL and were hole punching redemptions in 2000 and 2001 for the NRL.

As for redemption cards laying around in toy boxes, you can never say never but this was a hobby release and not readily available at Newsagents like Traders and Champions are / were. Therefore the possibility that a kid grabbed a packet or two and dumped a redemption in a toy box is highly unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom