2000 Bowman Baseball = Hand Collated Sets From USA are NEVER complete!

beefman138

Card Hoarding Problem
Real Name
Nick
eBay User
beefman1138
G'day folks, I have a bad mailday story for you here, and to be fair, I won't divulge the identity of the vendor until he has the opportunity to atone for his mistakes, but here it is, direct from my MLB card blog :

Ok, I got my 2000 Bowman 'set' in the mail today and it is no surprise to see that it has 31 cards missing. What is it with card sets from the USA? I have only ever received a complete set from ONE dealer in over 100 purchases of hand-collated sets. That dealer is Strictly Mint. They really do a great job in ensuring their sets are complete. That makes the slightly higher prices worthwhile to me. At least you're going to get what you pay for!

The worst part about my 2000 Bowman set? No Oswalt. No Zito. No Zambrano. No Francisco Rodriguez. I await the reply from the seller who is supposed to 'assume all responsibility'. Unfortunately that doesn't happen often enough.

I am rather angry right now, and also worried, because I bought the 1995 Bowman set from the same dealer. That set is supposedly in Ultra-Pro pages, so it would be difficult for them to leave cards out of that one... Let's see eh?

Nick J

---------- Post added 25-05-2011 at 03:16 AM ----------

By the way - NEVER buy hand-collated sets from KrukCards. You'll be lucky to get 350 in a 400 card set.

My 1995 Bowman set arrived today.
It is missing the 3 key RC's (Andruw Jones, Vlad Guerrero, Scott Rolen) plus the Nomar Garciaparra and Ben Grieve.
My day is now complete.
Time for E-action!

Nick J

Just so you know, the seller got back to me - he was selling on behalf of a client, and he is sending me the missing cards, plus a lot of extras for the hassle. I've bought from him before, and he sent me extras for no reason. The guy actually cares about his customers, so he can only get some nice words from me.

So, at this stage, ignore my bad words about him in my previous post. In fact, I will delete them.

If you ever buy something from bbstuff08 on Ebay, your items will arrive in incredible time!

Hey Nick, sorry to hear about your bad experiances with KrukCards. I have bought cards and game used memorabilia off him before and all has been well. He negotiated prices on a couple of things as well.

btw - good to see people still collecting sets! I had a dream of collecting all the bowman sets, they are the nicest looking base but it never took off.

Best of luck,

Mark.

Back
Top Bottom