Real Name
Shaun
eBay User
bigman710
Taken from Non Sport Update Forum
Beckett Media LP

Razor to Produce Hobby's Most Expensive Pack
Jul 31 2008 1:52PM

CHICAGO -- A few weeks ago new card manufacturer Razor Entertainment announced that it had signed Tim Beckham—the first overall pick in the 2008 MLB draft—to an exclusive deal that includes the creation of autograph and memorabilia cards. The company has also struck similar deals with other top baseball prospects such as Kyle Skipworth and Reese Havens.

Here at The National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago, the company is showing off its last products. Due to release in the coming months is Razor Cut Signature Oval Office Edition—a 99-card product that features cut signatures from every U.S. president in history. The set also includes dual signature cards with first ladies, vice presidents and other names related to former presidents. There's even a John Kennedy/Jack Ruby dual cut! Each card comes encased in a BGS slab.

So, how much does a pack run? Expect to pay around $2,000—by far the most expensive pack in the history of the hobby. Be on the lookout for the product in the coming months.

Razor Cut Signature Edition has already released. Each pack of the premium product includes one cut signature card of celebrities such as Elvis Presley, John Wayne, Miley Cyrus and various U.S. presidents. Each card is encased in a BGS slab. Packs typically sell for around $100. According Razor president Brian Gray, there are 199 cases that include 12 packs each. That's 2,388 total packs for you math majors.

As for the company's plans to use the baseball exclusives, expect the first wave of cards to release around December. Gray says that he plans to use either on-card autographs and perhaps some carefully designed trapped signatures. But one thing he was adamant about was not using any sticker autographs. Special promotional cards of Beckham (pictured here) were handed out at the Razor booth at The National.

For more information on Razor and its exclusive deals, visit Razor Entertainment Group

- David Lee

Thats insane.

WOW! Very high end!

The Razor Cut Signature Edition sound not too bad.

Yeah, saw that, its crazy but consider that there are only 99 packs in total made and each one has a 1 of 1 cut signature in a BGS slab. Would be somewhat cool if a cash loaded historical collector bought the entrire print run to complete the set. That's $198,000 :lol: It's a little strange if you try to relate it back to out own Prime Ministers and if they had a similar product. I don't think many Aussies would spend anywhere close to $2000 on a signature cut of John Howard or Kevin Rudd. :D

http://www.razorcollectibles.com/08_RCS_Oval_Office_Back_Fnl copy.jpg

http://www.razorcollectibles.com/08_RCS_Oval_Office_Front_Fnl.jpg

BGS authenticates them I suppose and adds credibility to the product's authenticity. If I'm taking out $2000, I'd better be hell sure that its real!

Yeah, saw that, its crazy but consider that there are only 99 packs in total made and each one has a 1 of 1 cut signature in a BGS slab. Would be somewhat cool if a cash loaded historical collector bought the entrire print run to complete the set. That's $198,000 :lol: It's a little strange if you try to relate it back to out own Prime Ministers and if they had a similar product. I don't think many Aussies would spend anywhere close to $2000 on a signature cut of John Howard or Kevin Rudd. :D

http://www.razorcollectibles.com/08_RCS_Oval_Office_Back_Fnl copy.jpg

http://www.razorcollectibles.com/08_RCS_Oval_Office_Front_Fnl.jpg

Actually there is 2388 packs..... not 99. ;)

Actually there is 2388 packs..... not 99. ;)

:D That's the Razor Cut Signature Edition $100/pack. The Razor Cut Signature: Oval Office Edition is the $2000/pack. Click the links in my post for more details.

If I was Warren Buffet yes, me, I can only dream.

More importantly when are we going to see a Johnny Most cut auto in a basketball product!

Elvis Presley, John Wayne, Miley Cyrus and various U.S. presidents.

Elvis, The Duke and.... MILEY CYRUS?!?! :blink:

WHAT THA....?! :eek:

that's how they entice us to buy the product?!? :lol::lol:

how p*ssed off are you if you're JFK? Your sig on a card alongside the sig of the guy who shot the guy who "shot" you....

Yeah the Ruby/JFK might hit a nerve with some people. Next they might have a JFK cut/ Oswald cut/ Grassy clipping

could be a whole new release

donruss celebrity gore & guts

John Denver Plane Prop
Hussein Noose Swatch

I could put one down for Heath Ledger but a bit tasteless i think (in a team i used to play trivia with we would change our name depending on that weeks news highlights, got a few moans and groans and the odd complaint to bowling club manger :lol: first comment at the table was usually so who died this week)

seriously, if i had the cash to spare, id go for the whole set, as i think it is the SICKEST possible auto set of all time.. would be like a dream come true for me. personally, this is the holy grail of auto collecting..... it'd be like a museum in my house, literally!

only for the rich and SUPER high end tho :-(

-ro

send it to parliament house with a letter saying you will keep voting for him if he signs it.

wonder what the grub would look like on a trading card, i think select should have put him in their cricket trading cards especially after his bowling and catching effort (checkout chasers howard tribute on you tube if you not seen him dazzle the world with his cricket skills)

Back
Top Bottom