20/20 Discussion

GiRDS-

Collecting UFC Bobbleheads
Real Name
Aron
eBay User
Hasnt been a thread yet.

will start by saying bl greame swann

:(:( bring on the league i need something to smile about.. cricket is depressing me at the moment we just cant seem to have any luck go our way at the moment..
if i was a english cricketer id be buying a lottery ticket at the moment and as for us aussies we couldnt win a chook in a raffle down the pub at the moment..

Like yes they are definetley better than us at the moment but luck has generally gone their way for the whole tour on most instances but thats the way cricket can be sometimes you make your own luck

:(:( bring on the league i need something to smile about.. cricket is depressing me at the moment we just cant seem to have any luck go our way at the moment..
if i was a english cricketer id be buying a lottery ticket at the moment and as for us aussies we couldnt win a chook in a raffle down the pub at the moment..

Like yes they are definetley better than us at the moment but luck has generally gone their way for the whole tour on most instances but thats the way cricket can be sometimes you make your own luck

Luck??? Being totally outplayed and Luck have nothing to do with each other... australia have been totally outplayed all summer....Dropping catches and missing run outs is not bad luck!

Luck??? Being totally outplayed and Luck have nothing to do with each other... australia have been totally outplayed all summer....Dropping catches and missing run outs is not bad luck!

Yes we have been outplayed in general :( but there has been moments the whole tour where a catch dropped or taken may have changed the outcome of the match and as for missing run outs well mate if u have played cricket you would know there is a lot of luck in getting run outs( you dont hit the stumps everytime even if you r the best at it and sometimes a lucky break can change the outcome of any match at any level be it test or social cricket

Maybe if you had ever played cricket you would realise it was a SKILL to take catches and make run outs.... The ball just doesnt fall in your hand or magically make banana bends to hit the wickets....

When was australia out of luck?? name one istance?? And dont say the no-ball calls from the thrid umpire.... the PROFESSIONAL bowlers should not have bowled them.

I am not a Watson fan, but he was 1 ball away.

Thanks to Brett Lee...for bowling a piece of s#it the over before for a 4.

And Cameron White - and D Hussey - soaking up balls for little score. And Lee 30 off 3 overs...yeah bowl him at the crunch. Michael Clarke may have his faults but he is 1000 times the player C White will ever be. If he ever makes the Test team again or is even mentioned as Captaincy material, I will cease to watch and attend matches.

Other than that, very entertaining game. Poor Watto having to bowl over 20 after Lee stuffed Aust's chances. Anyway...1 run in it, and England got out of jail. Aussies made as much luck as they almost needed, just needed a a touch more. Way it goes.

I am happy the sun is shining in Melbourne! I am in the Legends club corporate box! Will let you know who pops in!
Host! Nth Melb's David King

---------- Post added 14-01-2011 at 09:43 PM ----------

Rhino and Gladstone Small, Rodney Hogg are here! Oh and Tania Zaetta!

Cameron White fails AGAIN.

Come on to all those Michael Clarke bashers, get on this band-wagon to sack C White. LOL.

Pretty clear you are from NSW Hatter, no one outside that state thinks Clarke deserves a spot let alone captaincy. And failing at 20-20 means nothing, the game is just a bash, form in 20-20 means NOTHING especially in comparison to the long game.

Clarke has been failing at test level on an extremely regular basis, which is much worse than holing out in a couple of 20-20 games

Ask any cricket fan/player outside of NSW who the better tactician and leader of the two is, most will respond with White.

I may be from NSW, but White could be the best tactician and leader BUT if he bats crap AND never bowls, how does he even justify his position in any Aust rep team?

Crikeys - there was a time when Aust selectors picked the BEST XI players THEN picked a captain. Not picking a captain and slotting him in. C White offers nothing IMO. Take that as you will. And it's got nothing to do with being from NSW.

They stopped picking the best team 6 years ago, nothing to do with White. And as I said, it is only 20-20, so that is where you should do your experimenting with youngsters and leaders.

What exactly does Clarke offer?

If you wanna experiment, give me Paine.

Anyway - CA knows best - I hope. I have nothing against White, but he seems to get a lot of hype for being a great Vic player but the step up to Aust rep is much harder. Was gonna be a batting all-rounder, but doesn't bowl, and I just don't see the batting side enough - I know, he is a very capable bat...maybe ODIs will prove me wrong (and I hope so too).

Back
Top Bottom