1x 2015 Donruss

ekalb

Raider Nation!!
Real Name
Shannan
eBay User
ekalbnz
Been to the local Armageddon comic and entertainment expo here and stumbled upon a stool that had one box of 2015 football cards which was a box of Dunruss. At $120 it seemed about right for what I would pay from DA so figured I would give it a whirl.

Really wish I had passed on it now!

- Sorry about the photo, scanner appears to have broken!

Case Keenum auto, Dorial Green-Beckham and Jameis Winston (#d 47/49) for a total of about $10 worth of hits... knew there was a reason I had not broken a box of NFL in so long! :mad:

I recall describing this set as a "dogs breakfast" when it first came out.
I'm still adding to my 2014 Elite set, great value and great insert designs, but this is not so good. An amalgamation of bits and pieces of other sets that Panini are tending to do with less aplomb. :thumbsdown:

Yeah I was highly disappointed!! The return on NFL boxes is getting worse and worse. At least with non-sport you generally get at least half your money back in each box. There were five other #d cards but nothing #d under /199.

The Donruss Signatures set could be interesting. Only 4 cards per box, but all autos and DA has them for $115.95 ea. Would like to see a checklist first though as it could just be a huge sticker dump of washed out vets (aka Case Keenum... :sick:) although it would be cool to see some new free agents featured in their new teams (would love to be able to pickup autos of Crabtree, Dan Williams and Malcolm Smith in Raider uni's).

Do we ever see checklists prior to release date any more?
Anyway, what is Case Keenum doing in any checklist apart from maybe Score?
My card money is being invested in boxes from '13 & '14, sets I really like and want to build. So far this season I haven't been tempted coz there just hasn't been anything decent. Prizm not far away tho and Contenders by the end of the year. ;)

Nope I don't think so regarding checklists. I keep an eye out on www.groupbreakchecklists.com but it generally doesn't get updated until a couple days after release at the earliest. Yeah no idea what a Keenum was doing in this set!

2014 was a decent year for release and boxes should maintain their value quite well. 2013 boxes I imagine must be getting pretty cheap with the weaker draft class? Can't wait for Prizm and in particular Contenders. Love me some Contenders!

So it looks like Keenum is going to be the stater now with Foles being benched... :oops:

Do we ever see checklists prior to release date any more?
Anyway, what is Case Keenum doing in any checklist apart from maybe Score?
My card money is being invested in boxes from '13 & '14, sets I really like and want to build. So far this season I haven't been tempted coz there just hasn't been anything decent. Prizm not far away tho and Contenders by the end of the year. ;)

Also, www.groupbreakchecklists.com has Prizm checklist listed and Topps Chrome can't be far away as they have it listed ready to go.

Cardboard Connection has both Prizm & Chrome checklists up. First noticed Prizm on Saturday, not sure when the other came up.
I've got a Jumbo Prizm ordered despite it not looking that flash. Only Broncos RC auto is Shane Ray and nearly all insert sets feature only Peyton Manning, Peyton Manning and Peyton Manning.

The cards looked alright in the boxes I broke. Did both a jumbo and a hobby. I personally think last years inserts were better. The gold vinyls/5 are pretty much topps superfractors lol (guy on Twitter hit one). I did get me a dual auto relic in my jumbo which was a win

From what I have seen in pictures, I really like Prizm this year. They boarders take the different colours really well and there have been some really nice looking versions. The set reminds me of 2012 Prizm which was very popular.

From what I have seen in pictures, I really like Prizm this year. They boarders take the different colours really well and there have been some really nice looking versions. The set reminds me of 2012 Prizm which was very popular.
They certainly have gone back to 12 & 13 design wise compared to the newer look of 14, which I really liked. I'm expecting them to look much better in hand though. Still not sold on the "cracked ice" style parallel but that might change if I actually pull one. ;)

The green cracked ice are one per box.'did a jumbo and a hobby on Saturday with my breaker. Will post my hits when they arrive. Also hit them up for unwanted base as well since a few guys are cracking boxes

The green cracked ice are one per box.'did a jumbo and a hobby on Saturday with my breaker. Will post my hits when they arrive. Also hit them up for unwanted base as well since a few guys are cracking boxes

I was going to buy a few of the Raider parallels off ebay, but by time I paid the shipping costs it wasn't really worth it. Will wait and see what pops up on COMC in the coming weeks.

Back
Top Bottom