SharpysSports

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brendan
eBay User
bitecollectablesau
COMC User
Sharpyssports
So Panini has just released its latest Dutch Auction. This time it's 2019-20 Noir with a starting price of $3,000 USD! That's $375USD (or approx. $580 AUD) per card.

With all the hype around the hobby, I'm predicting that these will all sell out at the $3k asking price or the price might drop once. People will buy these to hold on to.

Anyone else got a prediction on price?

It will sell for over $2K and within 5 minutes will be listed on eBay at double the price.

Nothing surer.

It stinks.

Seriously, who has the cash to pay $500+ for each card out of the box that may be absolutely shit.

That's one hell of a gamble.

Lol. What a joke.

Man I hope the people that buy have the money to burn.

Yikes.

A bad time to be an Aussie bball collector with the ausd

How about this..... go grab a case of Hoops!

1589966338035.png

$5949 USD = $9084 AUD PER CASE plus shipping and Taxes etc.

$454 AUD PER BOX plus shipping and Taxes etc!!!!!!

That is insane!

Lol. What a joke.

Man I hope the people that buy have the money to burn.

Yikes.

A bad time to be an Aussie bball collector with the ausd
that's the problem...you will always have a group that do have money to burn.
just watch...it will sell out

Remember when Flawless came out at $1200 per box and our minds were blown at something that high? Times have changed and with prices like this I cant ever see myself busting another hobby box ever again

Remember when Flawless came out at $1200 per box and our minds were blown at something that high? Times have changed and with prices like this I cant ever see myself busting another hobby box ever again

I am of the same mind. Prices would have to come down, or at least the $AUS would have to be closer to parity with the $USD, I would then pick up some cases here and there like the good old days...

Forget Noir.. have you seen the FOTL National Treasures starting price on paninis website? 30k !?!

What are panini doing to this hobby? They should be releasing more product at lower prices to give everyone a chance.. Can we get Upperdeck to come back Into the mix!

I remember when Exquisite first came out at $500 a box and $1500 per case and how you had to be a high roller to buy those.......and you usually got a nice case hit (Jordan/Kobe/Lebron or key rookie).

I saw a box of Noir busted online yesterday and one of the signature hits was Cherokee Parks!

I have been away from the hobby for a couple of years and I cannot believe how much hobby boxes are now. My last purchase was a good 3-4 years ago and I don't recall them being anywhere near this much. I cannot stomach paying $400+ for a hobby box of anything, especially with the awful dollar at the moment and such a crap shoot of what the boxes are like.

Have prices been consistently going up every year or is this just a bump in the road and prices will eventually level out?

Back
Top Bottom