1st mailday for 2012!

bjs127

Cricket card fanatic
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
bjs127
Hey fellas,

I've been inspired by Clarkey's 329* today to kick off 2012 with a decent mailday!! :D

With my Futera cricket collection being 98% complete it is getting tough to find new additions, so I've been slowly torturing myself keeping an eye out for matching some numbers up on a few of my insert cards.

For example, my Warne hat trick auto is #0030/2250, and I've always wanted to track down the unsigned version numbered 1030/2250 or 2030/2250 to sort of match in with the auto number. Unfortunately looking for 2 specific cards out of the 2,100 unsigned versions from a set released 16 years ago seemed highly unlikely! Anyway I kept keeping an eye out and I saw another hat trick card listed on ebay recently and the seller didn't say what number it was and had no pic of the back of the card. I very nearly didn't bother with sending a message but I did send him one......and what do you know???!!!

IMG_0771-1.jpg

IMG_0770-1.jpg

Another one I wanted to track down was a matching unsigned Border Master card (either 142/500, 242/500, 342/500 or 442/500) to go with the gold seal auto version, which is number 042/500. Once again only 4 cards out there out of the 450 unsigned versions, so less than 1%! But the persistence paid off:

442.jpg

042442.jpg

And finally I caved in and grabbed a second one of these :whistle::

041.jpg

So consecutive numbers - one has an unpunched redemption card and the other is punched (and apparently only 20 of the 50 gold seal autos have certification card numbering matching the signature card, which these both do):

041042.jpg

And these two also have matching numbers :D:

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

Thanks for looking! Now I'm off to sort the jar of 100s & 1000s in my pantry by colour and then arrange my kitchen spices into alphabetical order :p

Can Sachin finally get that 100th 100 tomorrow?? I hope so! It would be fitting to knock it off in the 100th Test at the SCG.

Thank you for sharing these rare treats :D

98% complete whats left? Lara?

Fingers crossed Sachin hits his ton.....

Thanks Raj, yeah the pesky Lara 375 still eludes me (trying to avoid paying Wang's steep asking price!), as do a couple of the Bevan gold stamped /50 common cards from 1995/96 (I think Alex also has a S Waugh one that I've never seen anywhere else).

I also need the Slater cash card from the 9 piece puzzle (similar to the Warne ones from 1997 Decider) but have given up on finding one of those!

I also need the Slater cash card from the 9 piece puzzle (similar to the Warne ones from 1997 Decider) but have given up on finding one of those!

Gday Brad, does this card have a number, or what does it look like ??

Also, an awesome mailday mate, never fail to amaze me with your persistance !!

Cheers
Damian :v:

Thanks guys for the replies, I know a lot of people don't care for the numbering on cards but it does add an extra challenge to completing a set.

Gday Brad, does this card have a number, or what does it look like ??

Also, an awesome mailday mate, never fail to amaze me with your persistance !!

Cheers
Damian :v:

Damian, Russell is selling 4 of the 9 Slater cards at the moment. Card number 1 has "of 50" printed on the back, there were 50 of these issued with a gold stamp and individually numbered on the back which if sent in with the other 8 cards got the lucky collector $500 in cash. I have never ever seen a gold stamped one /50.

The common unnumbered version of card 1 is blank like the one in Russell's auction (i'll get a scan up of the back of the card tonight to show the "of 50"):

1996 rare Futera Cricket Ultra Pro Competition Cards - cards 1-4 Michael Slater | eBay

Thanks guys for the replies, I know a lot of people don't care for the numbering on cards but it does add an extra challenge to completing a set.

Speaking for myself Brad, chasing numbering is a luxury I've not been able to afford.

I'm so impressed at your ability to find these unique items. Again, kudos to you mate!

Damian, Russell is selling 4 of the 9 Slater cards at the moment. Card number 1 has "of 50" printed on the back, there were 50 of these issued with a gold stamp and individually numbered on the back which if sent in with the other 8 cards got the lucky collector $500 in cash. I have never ever seen a gold stamped one /50.

The common unnumbered version of card 1 is blank like the one in Russell's auction (i'll get a scan up of the back of the card tonight to show the "of 50")

Cheers Brad didnt even know that one exsisted!! No need for scan mate, I have some of the "one of 50" in the collection. Will go looking to see if I can find a Bevan for you mate.

Cheers
Damian

im going to go back through all my old futera cards and see if by chance i pulled something like the gold stamp cards without knowing, i would have only been about 12 when i first started collecting so you just never know what i might have pulled at the time and didnt realise.

As always another brilliant mail day. Your dedication to tracking down those numbers is fantastic. Well done Brad, alway great to see your maildays

I will have another look through my albums as I think there are some more gold edition cards from the early future sets in there

Thanks Raj, yeah the pesky Lara 375 still eludes me (trying to avoid paying Wang's steep asking price!), as do a couple of the Bevan gold stamped /50 common cards from 1995/96 (I think Alex also has a S Waugh one that I've never seen anywhere else).

Gday Brad.

Is this one of the Bevan gold stamped cards you need mate ??

Cheers
Damian

bevan front.jpg

bevan back.jpg

Back
Top Bottom