1st Group Set

MetallicA'

Ricky Davis Collector
eBay User
senyac1
Group A has its two finalists after 2 out of three matches with Germany and Ecuador advancing to the final 16.

1. Germany
2. Ecuador

third and final game for this group will be played against these two teams to see who goes 1 and 2.

So far this World Cup has been very exciting and im looking foward to the shaping of the final 16 which alot may be decided after just two matches with only three groups that have endured a draw.

Hope Australia can make it to the 16 as this is were you will find the blockbuster knockout matches. But I and many other Australians are all in great anticipation for our next clash against Brazil in which will be the biggest game in Australia's soccer history. A draw would be a great result, but i will be cheering for a win.. hehe =P~

go aussies and Dwight Yorke for his match against England tonight :D

When the Aussies get through :D, we get the first or second in group E

Czech Republic - had a great 3-0 win over USA, class all round
Italy - Didnt see this one, won 2-0 vs Ghana
Ghana
USA

I'm predicting most of the big talent teams to make it through to the last 16.

My main concern is France. I think they were lucky to survive that game. But then again, the Swiss should have had a penalty to save after that shot on goal by Henry in the box, was stopped by a hand.

Both teams looked really slow, so it does makes sense on their argument about the pitch was watered down 6 hours before the match, causing fast pace football virtually impossible to do.

Anyway, we'll see how France performs against Korea. That game should be a good test for them and may decide their fate. I hope France will go through though.

I've got no comment about us Aussie except that I like Guus thinking of resting the yellow carded ppl and go all out against the Croats. It is too risky IMO to field them, especially seeing as Cahill and Moore are hard tacklers that has potentials to get yellow card quite easily but on the other hand, it is even more risky to field a weaker team against Brazil, because they might thrash us and goal differences may play a big part at the end.

We shall see.....

Cheers~

Slightly off topic....does anyone know how the rankings work? Or would anyone like to make a prediction as to where the Aussies would rank at the moment. In our past 5-6 games we have beaten or drawn with teams ranked above us....Uraguay, Greece, Netherlands and Japan. You would think that we would have moved up to the 30's or even high 20's??

Germany 1st
Ecuador 2nd
England 1st
Sweden 2nd
Argentina
Netherlands
Portugal
Brazil
Spain

well 9 of the 16 are guarenteed to make the next round.
In that lot Ecuador is perhaps the only real shock.

And how about Michael Owen? Out for the World cup that will defiantly effect England's chances of winning a 2nd world cup! I say sucked in you poms and get ready for a belting in the ashes series :D

I wouldn't worry about Owen mate. He hasn't impressed much so far on this year's World Cup, like Kewell unfortunately. Perhaps he is also short of fitness and therefore, lagging in performance.

They should've brought Jermaine Defoe instead of Owen. ;)

Back
Top Bottom