1997-98 UD Michael Jordan Logoman - Fake ?

SpriteAllNight33

Collecting Sports History
Real Name
Rob
eBay User
SpriteAllNight33
The buy It now was like $40,000 ... I know this card was talked about on here before. But now Its actually In an auction. Im sure It'll go for alot. That Nike Shoe Logo Patch went for $365. Possible Fake. What do you guys think ? Real patch ? ... I really dont think so.
97-98 UD GAME JERSEY MICHAEL JORDAN MJ GU NBA LOGO MAN - eBay (item 400179032137 end time Dec-09-10 17:24:10 PST)

358994962_o.jpg

358995026_o.jpg

358995069_o.jpg

358995128_o.jpg

Didnt this go from deffinatley fake to possibly eal in the other thread for some reason!!?? Im sure there was something in there that indicated it could actualy be real, or maybe I was misreading/dreaming!

nah id say the slip has been tampered with, probably got a real mj jersey authenticated then slipped it into this block? dunno how, bit people are getting better at cracking them. dunno if beckett would slab a fake card tho? would be good to get a word from beckett.... they would definately know if they authenticated this patch it wouldnt come through every day...

nah id say the slip has been tampered with, probably got a real mj jersey authenticated then slipped it into this block? dunno how, bit people are getting better at cracking them. dunno if beckett would slab a fake card tho? would be good to get a word from beckett.... they would definately know if they authenticated this patch it wouldnt come through every day...

I agree with that ^ Beckett would remember the card.

anyone whos interstd in this card i HIGHLY RECOMMEND you stay away from this card!!! the Beckett grading case is ONLY for the card. Beckett do NOT authenticate Memorabilia in the cards, PERIOD! you could put a Mickey Mouse patch in an NBA card, send it to Beckett for grading/authntication, and they'd still pass it as "AUTHENTIC" :lol: :lol:. again, the card is GENUINE, the patch is NOT. hope that helps :cool:

Why would he have had it authenticated and not graded??

"VERIFIED BY CHRIS CARLIN AT UPPER DECK AS WELL AS BECKETT CERTIFIED" - Much cred it the Chris Carlin bit??

anyone whos interstd in this card i HIGHLY RECOMMEND you stay away from this card!!! the Beckett grading case is ONLY for the card. Beckett do NOT authenticate Memorabilia in the cards, PERIOD! you could put a Mickey Mouse patch in an NBA card, send it to Beckett for grading/authntication, and they'd still pass it as "AUTHENTIC" :lol: :lol:. again, the card is GENUINE, the patch is NOT. hope that helps :cool:

someone make this guy a mod.... and quick!!!
cheers steve knowledgeable as always mate :)

I agree that the patch Is fake ... apparently other people believe It Is real ... Jumped from $20 to $605 In a couple of hours. - Shakin my head at those people.

Because it was thought that they DID NOT use logomen and such in those cards and there had been none around since their release until recent months/years.
right on the money there mate ;). there WERE "patches" used in the 97-98 UD Game Jersey AU of MJ, but they were from the All-Star game and the "patches" are the old school styles (still really nice). will try get u a pic so u can see better what im referring to. thnx

someone make this guy a mod.... and quick!!!
cheers steve knowledgeable as always mate :)
:lol: :lol: no probz mate, always here to help whenever i can :thumbsup: :cool:. as for ur kind vote for mod, bro without even thinking too hard i can count about 5 who are more deservant of being a mod over me any day of the week (the highlight player would be our good friend crackberry). they contribute more to the site than me aswell im sure ;). thnx mate

Well it appears some of the experts in this thread were wrong :p

Chris Carlin from Upper Deck has confirmed the patch is legit.

So there you go.

thats what I was thinking. Just because there was supposedly none with a logoman patch, doesnt mean one wasnt accidentally made.

I'm more inclined to say that money rules over everything. The guys in beckett or UD are not paid mega bucks, if lucky each employee might get $100k per annum. So for $40k, anybody will say that this card is legit. There are many experience collectors in this website, I can say what thing for sure, i have traded in most Asian countries, like Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Japan or Korea. Never in my life, have I seen or heard of such a card with the logoman... then all of sudden 2 appeared one in the form of MJ and other in Ewing. These cards have been in existence for more than 10 years and there has never been a report on such a card during that time, so the million dollar question is why are the appearing now...... is it because of the money???? That is my take on this whole saga. God bless the soul who is going to shell out big bucks for that card.

I just really dont think Its real. I wouldnt spend sooo much money on It, with It having so many question marks around It. Always wondering If It was legit or not. Its at $900 right now, Less than 24hrs left. Lets see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom