1996 NZ High Velocity - Martin Crowe - Ultra Gold Card(s) (Out of 50)

arash

Director
Real Name
arash
Hiya Gents:

Received these recently, after chasing at these bad boys like a mad fella' for 2 years since I came to know about them. Just love these cards, like crazy, umm...do I mean card crazy?! :rofl:

I would like to share a little bit of history that I got to know as I chased these from dealer to dealer and collector to collector:

When the Card Crazy Company went into liquidation, all the stock that was left was stored at the house of the ex-wife of one of the business partner of Card Crazy.

All of this stock was sold at an auction in Christchurch in late 1999. And, majority of this stock ended up with a dealer and unfortunately most of it was subsequently lost in the big earthquake of 1999.

One would assume that very few of these are in existence today as not all were redeemed and not sure how many were damaged and lost during the earthquake. I haven't seen a lot around anyways.

That's all folks!

Please enjoy and bless em'!

1. Ultra Gold from the Master Set, i.e. With Un-punched Redemption Card:

Master Set 1.jpeg

Master Set 2.jpg

2. Ultra Gold from the Regular Set, i.e. With Punched Redemption Card

Ultra Gold Front.JPG

Last edited:
I realize that this is an old post, but still have my collection of this series of card from when I was a school. Have 2 full sets ( except the the crowe card) one set has a majority of the cards signed. This is the first time I have actually seen what the crowe gold card looks like. Thanks for posting these

Also I have noticed any cards that do come up for sale with this set still includes the Bruce Edgar master blaster card which was a miss print ant the picture is not actually Bruce edgar. I have still not seen another reprint of the card like I have or even anyone talking about that fact that the card was reprinted because they used the wrong picture. Has anyone else heard of this before?

Also I have noticed any cards that do come up for sale with this set still includes the Bruce Edgar master blaster card which was a miss print ant the picture is not actually Bruce edgar. I have still not seen another reprint of the card like I have or even anyone talking about that fact that the card was reprinted because they used the wrong picture. Has anyone else heard of this before?

Yes, Phil, I have both the error and the correction card. Since you have seen the mis-print, I'll show you the correction card. Here you go:

Bruce Edgar Correction Card.JPG

Thanks Arash. I do also have this card. Was just asking as I have only ever seen the misprint online for sale and never any mention of it bein a misprint. Thanks for confirming my memories were correct.

Back
Top Bottom