1996 & 1998/99 goodies (scan heavy)

bjs127

Cricket card fanatic
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
bjs127
Got some great stuff in this week and thought you guys might like a bow peep :D

First up is the lucky last cricket folder I needed, and now it is in-hand is probably the second best Futera folder of the lot IMO (behind 1997 Decider) - 1996 Futera World Cup:

Folder1.jpg

Folder2.jpg

And secondly, this set has been a long time coming - well, a second coming really. I redeemed the full hobby sig set back in 1999 to get all autos with the same number, but due to a lack of interest in the hobby I sold them off in 2001 waaaaay too cheaply. I have regretted it ever since, so to finally have closed this deal out after many months of chipping away is a great feeling.

Although this set is a little more special than the one I sold off... :cool:

Sorry for the crap photography, but the numbering on the back of the cards is the best part of these pics :)

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Neil Harvey is from the retail set so is not a chrome redemption card like the rest from the hobby set:
3.jpg

4.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

and last but not least...
:kick:
11.jpg

12.jpg

Thanks for looking :wave:

Another set complete Brad, well done :worthy:

Love the Futera 96 folder........how many were actually made?

Your mail days are always a treat!

Thanks Raj, it's good to cross another one off the list.

Not sure on production numbers of Futera folders. They produced significant numbers of their 93/94 generic sports folder and the 94/95 cricket folder, however the 1996 World Cup is a tough one to track down, I have only seen a handful of them over the years. I am pretty sure Pommiealex has one so he may know more accurate figures.

When I picked up the 97 Decider folder back in 1998 I was told there were less than 10 made, although I have never been able to confirm this. I have only seen 2 or 3 others though so it may well be correct.

I have only ever seen 3 World cup folders (You, Pommiealex and redkempy) not sure where the rest are, although I would love to have one.

I ended up buying a 97 Decider folder a year ago, but haven't seen them around for sale. How much would they be worth?

YOU BRAD are THE FACE of cricket card collecting IMO! You have told me before that you believe there are others secretly holding onto bigger and better stashes but you ALWAYS share your spoils with others which makes your collection far more important to the hobby!!! Simply stunning the best of the best and your maildays are always amazing :thumbsup: YOU (and a couple others) are the reason I can't fully break away from this hobby even after being down about dealing with other diCkh##ds lately!!!

Did you have the Bradman #22 beforehand and ask for the others to be #22 also, or did you have ALL redemptions of these and ask for the same number???

I remember you bought a 96 futera world cup folder, that you believed to be a fake from the UK (and I trust your opinion) hit me up via PM if you want to move it as it is probably better than the knock off I made to house my world cup master set :lol: Well done!!!

Freakin amazing Brad! Why can't folders look more like that these days? It looks awesome.

what can you say to that mail day! just simply brilliant. well done Brad. Love the Bradman card numbered the same too. i have the heroes numbered 120 and the superstars numbered 60, just not been able to find the elusive Don.

as for albums, i have the world cup and the decider albums. i did not realise they were so hard to find. Always seemed a strange choice for the cover of the WC one with Stuart Law and Damien Fleming, when you had such names as Steve Waugh, Sachin and Lara in the set!

good luck with the new arrival :thumbsup:

Brad you are certainly amazing with what you come up with and the jewel in the crown having Sir Don come up last with the same number as well is priceless.:D
Always a delight to see your postings. At least us mere mortals can drool at the pics that some of you guys are able to post.:drool:
Keep it up then at least we can dream:lol:

Well done mate

Regards Russell:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, glad i'm able to share the spoils with some cricket nuts on here who can enjoy them as much as i do!

@Raj - i paid $80 for my Decider folder back in 1997. Don't know what they are worth now because i haven't seen one for sale since. If i didn't have one i'd be at the mercy of the seller!

@Liam - kind words there mate, thanks but i can't see the point in having a nice collection if you hide it away without sharing it with others in the hobby. Might be showboating a bit but if you can't show them off here then where can you?!! The fake folder i got from redkempy was a 94/95 one, not World Cup. Alex hasn't seen the 95/96 or 96 Elite folders either so we are assuming they were never made. And don't get disillusioned with the odd nuffy out there, they are not worth worrying about. I have found that there are much less dramas dealing with the higher end stuff than low-end. When bigger $$ are involved people do seem more helpful and respectful IMO.

I have a couple of aces left up my sleeve which i'll endeavor to share with you guys soon - one should be before xmas, the other will take me a bit longer to sort out but will be well worth the wait... :)

Back
Top Bottom