1994 AFL Select Gold Signature Cards (How Many of Each?)

jimboner

OzCardTrader
Real Name
James
eBay User
jimmeh_james
Just wondering if anyone has a firm number on the print run of the AFL Select 1994 Signature Cards?

I pulled a Gavin Brown back in the day and was hoping to find out how many of each card exists.

According to the select website there were 35,000 boxes produced, 1 in every 288 boxes. This suggests there were only 121.52 in total. With 10 players signing them, that would mean 12.152 of each, presumably 12. Seems a very low number.

20210706_163508.jpg

Does anyone have pics of the error ones so I can look at mine and see if they are?
Are there error sigs? I know the signature cards have the player name in yellow whilst the standard gold have the name in gold as well.

I think there are some standard gold that aren't signed but have the name in yellow (they are very rare, so maybe they were signature spares that never got signed and found their way into circulation).

That's true, there are signature cards that were not signed. There was a recent sold listing on eBay for a Nathan Buckley un-signed card. It had the yellow name and gold football in the top left corner.

Yes, apparently they were left overs. The cards were way more popular than select envisaged, so they did a second run. They didn’t have the gold foil sigs, so they put these ones in. That’s what I read, anyway

Back
Top Bottom