Motor Sport 1986 Scanlens Australian Motor Racing Cards

googoogajoob1977

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Doug
Hello all,

Going through my old card collection I found a set of pre-loved 1986 Scanlens Australian Motor Racing Cards. This is a full set of 66 cards, including:

#23 - Ayrton Senna
#40 - Peter Brock
#41 - Peter Brock
#42 - Peter Brock
#53 - Australian Grand Prix (feat. Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna)
#65 - Ayrton Senna

See scans attached.

There are multiple doubles, in some cases 5 or 6 of the same card.
They are by no means in mint condition, I would say most cases they are in good to excellent condition, having been handled all those years ago when trading them with my mates.

Are these cards of any value?

Cheers
Doug

motor racing cards 001.jpg

I would be interested in some here is my list.

I would take the lot for the right price too. I know someone who would not mind a set themselves.

Hey mate

Thanks for the reply. I am happy to send you the following cards:
#25, #59, #60
...in exchange for a bit of advice.

I have to admit I am a complete newbie to the whole card trading/selling thing - up until 2 days ago I had no idea what a penny sleeve or a top loader box was. I still don't know the best place to buy them from - ebay? Or a professional card seller?

I'm also a bit unclear on how to send set of cards through the mail properly - I have read the thread on this, and I understand they have to be in a bubble wrap envelope, but I'm a bit confused about the whole penny sleeve/top loader box thing - if I'm sending a whole set of say 66 cards do they all have to be in individual penny sleeves, then put in a top loader box which is sealed? Or is it OK just to put all the cards straight into the top loader box?

Most of the cards are in a similar condition to the ones I will be sending you so if you don't mind you can give me your opinion on their quality. On a scale of poor/average/good/very good/excellent/mint I would rate them as very good, but I'm really not sure.

Sorry for the stupid questions but I am a complete rookie at this.

Re: the 1986 Scanlens Motor Racing Cards - I am really after some advice on how much these cards are worth - one set is going on ebay for $300 at the moment (here) - and they seem to sell for between $1 - $11 individually (see here, here, here and here).

Are these prices a good reflection of these cards' value.

Cheers
Doug

OK I have finally got organised and worked out which of these cards I am selling.
I am asking $2.00 each for these cards, obviously this is negotiable if you buy a whole heap (or all of them).
I'm not interested in trading at this stage.

They are all in pretty good condition, I would rate all of them somewhere between good and excellent. They were handled all those years ago when trading them with my mates so unfortunately none are in mint condition. Some of them have a slight mark on the face, which I think may be from the gum that used to be in the packets. If you are interested in a particular card please contact me, I can let you know the condition of that card and send you a scan of it if you like.

The ones I have for sale (and how many of each) are:
#3 - 3
#4 - 4
#5 - 6
#16 - 1
#17 - 1
#18 - 1
#19 - 3
#25 - 4
#26 - 4
#35 - 2
#36 - 1