For Sale 1950 Topps Hopalong Cassidy Wax Pack GAI 8.5

JayMate

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jay
This Unopened wax pack is almost 70 years in age, and is the oldest wax pack I own. It was purchased many years ago in a private auction, and was apart of a large auction of graded packs. This Hopalong Cassidy wax pack was graded 8.5 by GAI, and was only removed from the protection case when GAI went out of business (plus I cant tell you how badly I wanted to hold the pack in hand..)The pack has remained wrapped in Organic cloth since and looks the exact same as when it was purchased.
If anyone is interested in purchasing this pack, please let me know as Ill be listing this in a week or so on ebay US for $500.
I have many ther packs from the 50s, if you are wanting to purchase any send me a message.
Cheers

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

No spaceman or rocket packs but I have a really rare 1955 reissue pack that served as an in store premium. Ive never seen 1 sell online before, but I havent looked in many years so there could be more out there than I thought. The following text can be found on a website Ill leave below, which explains everything about the Jets set, including this reissue pack.
" Wings, a portion of the set was reissued in 1955 as in-store premiums in wrappers that state “Red Ball Jets”. The manufacturer on these is “Makers of World Famous ‘Bazooka’ Gum” and a premium offer on the wrapper promised an additional 15 cards could be had for a mere dime."
http://www.skytamer.com/R707-4.html
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi Jay-

Thanks for sharing that one- I've seen nothing like it- didn't know they made in store premiums!. I've got a number of the original Wings cards and a complete set of the JRS set (Bowman, smaller format than the Wings cards), but no pack of the latter. I went through dozens but never kept one- used to get them on my way to school. JRS was way ahead of its time and contains excellent coloured cards. Thanks very much for getting back and good luck with the auction!!

Cheers- Jack 👍

No worries mate. I remember the person who sold me the pack, he made such a big deal over departing with it, so much so that he teased for weeks before finally deciding to fork it over. I didnt do any research into the pack or anything, I was just looking to purchase Unopened Topps Wax Packs from the 50s, with the idea of buying any good looking pack I could find, from any non sport series. When it was finally delivered to aus I was a little underwhelmed with the pack, because every time I looked up Wings wax packs, this one was never to be found.. Really regretted the buy.. But then many years later I found that website with the excerpt explaining its origins and I was really thrown. Thought the whole article was so interesting, and I couldnt be happier that the 1 Wings item I own is this unique reissue pack.
Cheers Jack

No worries mate. I remember the person who sold me the pack, he made such a big deal over departing with it, so much so that he teased for weeks before finally deciding to fork it over. I didnt do any research into the pack or anything, I was just looking to purchase Unopened Topps Wax Packs from the 50s, with the idea of buying any good looking pack I could find, from any non sport series. When it was finally delivered to aus I was a little underwhelmed with the pack, because every time I looked up Wings wax packs, this one was never to be found.. Really regretted the buy.. But then many years later I found that website with the excerpt explaining its origins and I was really thrown. Thought the whole article was so interesting, and I couldnt be happier that the 1 Wings item I own is this unique reissue pack.
Cheers Jack
Jay, any rugby league, early batman, planet of the apes, abba, etc.
Dave.

Back
Top Bottom