1938 Australian Cricket Card: What's it worth???

mbell7

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mike
Hello All,
I've acquired an Australian cricket card (circa 1938) made by Player's Cigarettes the players name is D. Smith and he is #25 in a set of 50. It is in remarkably good shape --- near mint condition! I'm hoping an Aussie collector or anyone for that matter can give me some idea as to it's value...? Please send me a personal message on this site if you happen to know.
THANKS!
-Mike

Hello All,
I've acquired an Australian cricket card (circa 1938) made by Player's Cigarettes the players name is D. Smith and he is #25 in a set of 50. It is in remarkably good shape --- near mint condition! I'm hoping an Aussie collector or anyone for that matter can give me some idea as to it's value...? Please send me a personal message on this site if you happen to know.
THANKS!
-Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to say, it's not worth much at all. A couple of bucks or so. The Player's 1938 set appears to be quite common. I think I picked up the entire set of 50 for under $30 NAZIM'S CRICKET PAGE 2 (Cigarette Cards)

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to say, it's not worth much at all. A couple of bucks or so. The Player's 1938 set appears to be quite common. I think I picked up the entire set of 50 for under $30 NAZIM'S CRICKET PAGE 2 (Cigarette Cards)

Nazim,
I appreciate your reply and sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I've seen the full sets of the 1938 cricketers on ebay dirt cheap. What I haven't seen though is a price guide like Beckett publishes for the major sports showing any guidelines as to price and condition.... The card I have is #25 in the set and near mint condition. Is there any way to know what it's worth other than whatever the current listings on ebay show...? Please advise, THANKS!
-Mike

Nazim,
I appreciate your reply and sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I've seen the full sets of the 1938 cricketers on ebay dirt cheap. What I haven't seen though is a price guide like Beckett publishes for the major sports showing any guidelines as to price and condition.... The card I have is #25 in the set and near mint condition. Is there any way to know what it's worth other than whatever the current listings on ebay show...? Please advise, THANKS!
-Mike

Mike,

Murrays is the supposed industry standard for cigarette card valuation. Here is their website. You can also find the catalogue on Amazon.

Murray Cards - Cigarette cards, Trading cards, Sports cards

Back
Top Bottom