17/18 TnP Signatures

Disappointed to see the issues you guys are having with these cards. It is good for the trading card community in Australia to have as many top quality products and as many top quality manufacturers as possible.

TnP are already operating in relatively small pockets of the market - the last thing we need is for those pockets of the market to shrink even further because a shoddy product is being offered.

I hope they take notice of the feedback that is being provided - it is constructive, not destructive, and they would be well advised to make amends if at all possible.

I too am very disappointed with my Samantha Kerr signature card. I just hope the soon-to-be-finished Aaron Mooy signature cards are better.

If not, I think I might cry.

Coop

the Santalab signature patch l received was a ripper. The finish of the card is amazing. No complaints here.
20180423_225707.jpg
Nice card....

And true to form the Mooy signature card looks horrific. At least these guys are consistent.......

This had the hall marks of being 4 really great signature cards, but yet again execution and quality control has rendered them "uncollectable".

No way I would ever want one of these in my PC with the quality of those 4 signatures.............at least the Santalab was done right.

I'm sure t&p would learnt from this release and ensure the same mistakes are not repeated in future releases.

Personally, l am thankful we got A-league cards this year and the signers were quality.

Hope there is another release next year with a singer from each team.

I'm sure t&p would learnt from this release and ensure the same mistakes are not repeated in future releases.

Personally, l am thankful we got A-league cards this year and the signers were quality.

Hope there is another release next year with a singer from each team.

AND also not delaying the release due to 'the lead up to the World Cup', in which they released new cards anyway... :/

Hi guys. I don't collect Soccer (Football) cards but do collect Cricket. Was interesting to read the comments here about some of the signature cards and other aspects of this release. Just a question to some of you, what was the actual card quality like? Nice straight edges, shape corners etc etc??? I can see the issues with the signature cards. Weird because the actual signatures on the Cricket cards were fine, so not sure what was different there.
I collected the 17/18 Ashes Cricket cards and as much as i was a supporter of TnP at the start of the release i became bitter with quality issues, customer service and packing of cards being returned.
I want to collect Cricket in the future but there needs to be a few issues corrected before I'll spend my hard earned. Like many of you have said, lets hope TnP listen to collectors and rather than getting negative and throwing sarcasm back at collectors like i experienced, they take it on board and fix these issues.

Personally I was ok with the overall quality of the cards. It was just the signature quality, which TapNPlay just brushed aside when I raised it with them.

I agree with Rob....it was the signature quality of the Sam Kerr & Aaron Mooy sig cards that was most disappointing.

As long as TnPlay have learnt from this then I can look forward to next season's A-League card collection without trepidation.

Is anyone aware whether or not TnPlay has indeed acknowledged this shortcoming?

Coopdog

I sent an email in March and this was their response...

"Yes some players (despite guidance) don't sign in the perfect place or press hard enough. The signing was attended by a Tap'N'Play representative and we always use the same Lumocolor auto Pens. We've had the odd experience like Adam Zampa where he was about to begin the signing and his parents turned up as a surprise to take him the dinner so he asked me to leave the pen and cards and to pick them up from the hotel receptionist the next day. Suffice to say the CA then toured Sth Africa before being returned signed with a thicker pen. Aaron Finch did something similar as well. We do our best but we are limited to the whims of the individual players."

There is not alot T&P (let alone any card company) can do when it comes to player signing cards.

There have been several instances, all the cards which were suppose to sign go missing (NBA)! The card companies dont get the card(s) back! and end up compensating the collectors from their own inventory.

I think its fantastic we have A-league and Cricket cards to collect and hope it will continue.

I sent an email in March and this was their response...

"Yes some players (despite guidance) don't sign in the perfect place or press hard enough. The signing was attended by a Tap'N'Play representative and we always use the same Lumocolor auto Pens.

I can 100% assure you that for the 4 soccer signature cards this year it was not the fault of the players at all.

I was told that they used a different printer for these cards and the laminate over the cards reacted to the pens causing the bubbling.

The way to rectify this is to test a pen on one of the spare over print cards prior to signing.

From this you gather if there will be an issue or not. If yes you get them reprinted.

Quality assurance should have been done prior to the signings.....full stop.

In the Aaron Finch card.....the pens were sent to him but he used a different pen when he got his manager to sign.

Bloody hell. Matt, do you think they'll learn from this?

I just want decent A-League signature cards. It can't be that hard!

Coopdog

Bloody hell. Matt, do you think they'll learn from this?

I just want decent A-League signature cards. It can't be that hard!

Coopdog

I hope they do......I really want them to succeed but they do make it hard to want to buy their product when the best cards have major faults with them and if you wait long enough, you can buy a box from them when its on special and get any signature card you want with the box as a bonus.

I understand its a selling tactic, but it devalues the signature cards greatly.

Tap N Play have the potential to make some awesome cards, they just don't have the quality control process or the attention to detail which ultimately lets them down.

Its also a case that a vast majority of the major resellers have lost a lot of faith with them and will only stock minimal product a few boxes here and there......none of them will commit to any decent orders with them because they have all been let down with the product.

Thanks for the update.
Just want to provide an update, as I was worried after reading the notes on here. Just redeemed 4 of the signature cards from tap n play. Arrived today in top loaders and a bubble mailer....nice job tap n play

That's good to hear!

I just want all of the upcoming A-League signature cards to be of the finest quality. Plus, I want at least 10 or 12 to collect. I don't even mind if they do another Samantha Kerr sig card. In fact, I really hope they do. She's fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom