1300-SMILES STADIUM

The Cowboys are in the process of purchasing new front gates for 1300-Smiles Stadium. This is what the new entrance is rumoured to look like.

images1_zps0a69a85d.jpg

I think the name alone is the biggest joke..........is there a worse stadium name in the world?

Stadium names should conjour up fear like: House of Pain or the Graveyard....welcome to 1300 smiles sounds like I'm about to get a happy ending.

Ross

Should be some jokes about Titans supporters....worst supporters in the league who jump off the bandwagon so quick when they start losing. Loyal fans right there! The amount of old faded Titans bumper stickers you see on cars on the Gold Coast is amazing! And the Titans store at Robina turned into an NRL store with all teams after the initial excitement of having a new team on the coast faded and no money was to be made.

Those loyal fans who jumped off the band wagon, IMO, weren't real fans in the 1st place or they would still be there. Good to see the back of them to be honest. Unfortunately the Gold Coast is mostly populated by transients (people who move here from elsewhere, mainly southern states) and had barracked other teams or their home team in the past. When the Titans went bad they did jump off the bandwagon and claimed to be fans of other teams, but this is not what this thread is about , SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT!!!!! or are you just trying to be a smart arse

I think he's getting at the fact you're making fun of another team when your team is not so crash hot either.

Although I think Blade is right.... Real fans stay when crap gets bad... The rest.... Are not real fans...

It's hard when you start a new club..... I mean if you were living in the gold coast before... There is a good chance you were a Broncos supporter.. Then all of a sudden you get a team in your own town..... It's a hard choice..... Stay with the team.... Or take your new home team? I know I took the new home team..... When the cowboys first came out... I was a raiders fan... I wasn't really into footy much until the cowboys came to town.... As bad as they have been... I think it has been good for the north qld in terms of bringing footy to us.

I hate the name of the stadium..... Obviously the company is willing to pay for the advertising..... I would have been happy with it being named after someone great... Lol.. Anything really.... But 1300 smiles reminds me of getting my teeth done..... Which I hate.... Maybe they'll have a booth set up?

Back
Top Bottom