12/13 BBL box + 6 pack MOJO

bjs127

Cricket card fanatic
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
bjs127
I went to Sportscardworld today and bought a box for $140 along with 6 packs from their open box.

Pulled the Pattinson super star sig from the 6 packs (BOOM!) and from the box I pulled a Phil Hughes star sig (really happy with this!) and an Aaron Finch super star sig (was pumped to see a super star sig.....not so pumped to see it was Aaron Finch!!). Box also had 9 representatives, so the 1:4 odds were true for this box.

Here are pics:

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

Redemptions are on a first in first serve basis and you have to write your name and address on the back - such a shame they did it this way.

Card quality is pretty low - think 95/96 Futera set.....thin card stock. Cards are foil front and standard on the back.

Case card I saw was hand numbered - wonder if the redeemed sigs will be too? Such a huge shame if they are...

Nice work. Is it just me or do the representatives inserts look really poor. Some head shots and some action shots, shouldnt it be all one or the other, not mixed shots. They look cheap and dont make it want to collect the set. What do they look like in hand Brad??? Redemptions look really good, but massive shame about writing on them. Do you think they would except them if you sent it in blank with all your details on a piece of paper? I want the redemption card back to go with the card, thats just the way it is for me. I remember when the Cam White signature card from about 3 years ago was a redemption card, i argued with Select to try and get the redemption card sent back but they wouldnt, so i sold it, dont want that im my collection, im a bit funny like that.

Rep inserts look like the parallel chrome 07/08 Select set of 110 except on thinner cardstock. They look OK but it is a shame the cards aren't twice as thick, they are very flimsy.

Given the case card is hand numbered I really worry the sigs will be too. That will suck.

Good to bust a fresh box of this after nothing for 3 years! But very happy I didn't get a case as I intended.

Sportscardworld busted 2 boxes and pulled 4 autos, 2 were Bollinger. So I will be interested to see how the collation is when someone on here busts a case.

I went to Sportscardworld today and bought a box for $140 along with 6 packs from their open box.

Pulled the Pattinson super star sig from the 6 packs (BOOM!) and from the box I pulled a Phil Hughes star sig (really happy with this!) and an Aaron Finch super star sig (was pumped to see a super star sig.....not so pumped to see it was Aaron Finch!!). Box also had 9 representatives, so the 1:4 odds were true for this box.

Redemptions are on a first in first serve basis and you have to write your name and address on the back - such a shame they did it this way.

Card quality is pretty low - think 95/96 Futera set.....thin card stock. Cards are foil front and standard on the back.

Case card I saw was hand numbered - wonder if the redeemed sigs will be too? Such a huge shame if they are...

Haha - agreed Brad. Not sure how Aaron Finch becomes a "super" star. If he is then surely Hughes is...

Will be waiting intently to see how the redeeming of Sigs pans out. ie redemption cards returned or not, numbering of sig cards etc.

Ha ha yes Grant, be like pulling a 1980s super star sig....and getting Dirk Wellham!!

I wonder if they will redeem the set of redemptions all with the same number?

Not sure if I should send these 3 off for a low number or redeem all at once?

The redemptions aren't numbered - neither were Selects until the past 12 months and this was never a problem.

No one knows if the actual sigs are numbered until we get them redeemed.

NICE BUST ON THE 6 PACKS!

Agree with what most thing about the hand numbering :(

That said.....will be good to bust some cricket :)

Yet another few boxes with the EXACT inserts pulled that should be..........Hmm, that 21 Signatures from 7 boxes is looking more sus each bust I see LMAO

Personally, i'd rather have a full set of auto's numbered the same even if it means a higher number (unless of course you can get Sig #1 - but thats prob already gone anyways...)

Either way, I doubt I'll be sending in my redemptions until I see what happens with some others!!

Who is Aaron finch? Lol.
I agree with Grant I will wait till I get the set of redemptions and then send them in together in the hope them them being the same number.
Some inserts look great others not so sure.
Thanks for sharing the break Brad, that was a great 6 packets to get!

Ha ha Rachael Finch would easily qualify as a superstar sig....maybe they put Aaron Finch in by mistake!!!! (Alex do yourself a massive favour and Google Rachael Finch before you bother to Google Aaron Finch!!

Yes the 6 packs was a dream result, any time you hit a 1:72 from 6 packs is a good day!!

Oh no, sorry Walshy, it looked a pretty full box mate....glad you picked out the common packs before I got there!! LOL

FYI I pulled 2 reps along with the Pattinson from my 6 :)

I thought of you when I pulled the Hughes mate....good to see him back in the Test X1!

Reckon I just figured out why he is a superstar!

there you go!for those who says finch shouldnt be a super redemption u dont know to much about cricket. if u watched the t20 game tonite u wil understand y finch is the rising superstar.one of the best displays i have seen in a long time.hughes doesnt have half as much talent

Yes Angry I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to the cricket forum...hopefully you can give me a few pointers on here.

I forgot that blokes who average 31 in 20-odd first class games are regarded as "superstars" in today's game.

Great knock tonight by Finch....what a superstar!!

Back
Top Bottom