100% Pass First, 100% Point Guard, 100% PC Mailday

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
With All-Star weekend just around the corner it made me realise there aren't too many pass first PGs in the league these days, there's Rubio and Rondo I suppose, but they pass first because they can't shoot so I guess that doesn't count?! Oooh, harsh!

Will try to get through my PC stuff first, starting with with the pure PGs, the two masters Stockton and Kidd...

Starting off with the inserts, die cuts and parallels...

Stockton Die Cut Light BLue Prizm /199 - this colour scheme really pops

Kidd Retro Flair Legacy Row 1 /150 - lost some fo the allure of the originals, but always a sexy looking product...

Kidd Retro PMG Red /150 - I've never understood the hype with these, but you won't see too many Kidd in t-shirt card with mouthguard pics!

The Obligatory Game Used
I'm surpised there isn't one of Kidd. From all the games he's played, the number of jerseys available and the number of basketball products released each year I'm guessing there's about 5,000 that I don't have by now....

Stockton and Joseph Crispin Inspirations GU /1100
One question here, who the hell is Joseph Crispin and in what distorted reality does he belong on the same card as John Stockton? No offense to Joseph Crispin fans but that's like having a dual auto of Deandre Liggins and Michael Jordan if you catch my drift... <end rant>

The Good Stuff
Jason Kidd Pristine Auto /100
Normally I have nothing but good things to say for Topps Pristine but the sticker auto stands out the like the proverbial canine's gonads (it's not even level) and the entire bottom right hand corner of the card has me perplexed. Base - Rare (well the big serial /100 stamp on the back tells me that) and I'm not sure what the little R in the corner adds if it already says rare immediately above it.

Kidd Limited Material Monikers GU /auto jsy #d 2/25!
One of my very few Kidd jsy #d cards. Great design.........for a GU card! Sticker auto gets lost in the dark colour scheme, so much space where he could have signed!!!

...photographic evidence!

Finally this little beauty! Haven't added much to the Stockton PC recently even though there have been some decent on cards autos in recent products. So instead of doing the obvious I wound back the clock and uncovered this rare bit of cardboard!

Stockton UD Premier GU / auto /50! Big on card auto, lovely blue foil and the nice SLC triple GU reminding us of the place he helped put on the basketball radar - Salt Lake City! Much more meaningful than GRD imo...

Enjoy!

As always thanks for looking and having a read. Comments always appreciated. Will try to get the next PC maildays up soon!

Well clearly the star of this mail day is Joseph Crispin :lol:

Really, that Stockton Premier looks really nice! A simple , well executed design.

The Kidd's aren't bad either ;)

Well clearly the star of this mail day is Joseph Crispin :lol:
Really, that Stockton Premier looks really nice! A simple , well executed design.
The Kidd's aren't bad either ;)

Getting that GU card means I'm now at 50% completion for all Joe Crispin cards (Beckett says he has two cards total). I may hunt down the other one so I can call myself the #1 Crispin collector!

UD Premier did some really nice simple elegant designs. Kidds are nice but not as nice or as numerous as some other Kidd collectors who post from time to time! ;-)

I hear you with the new legacy and PMG, have been trying to talk myself into buying the Niques.
Great haul of goodness mate.

They're actually quite affordable compared to the originals and it is a nice trip down memory lane....plus you can then get the blue PMG too!

Money on that last Stockton!!!

It fits the bill pretty well, would have been nice to see a bit more of the Utah jazz jersey but as is its a classic under-stated card. Less is more!

Love the jersey numbered auto! =D>
Oh and the Stockton auto! ;)

A jersey numbered Stockton auto would have been even better! But will have to start saving the pennies again....

I really rate the retro pmg's, love how the look in certain light, and gotta love the price compared to the original 90s version.

I really rate the retro pmg's, love how the look in certain light, and gotta love the price compared to the original 90s version.

Yep, definitely more affordable and the same effect and the blue PMGs are something new to chase too, I'm more of a Legacy guy though!

Two incredible point guards nice haul!

Yep, Crispin and Stockton were two legendary PGs indeed! lol Epic card that one! lol

Awesome pickups Skip! Love them all!

Thanks mate, no 6'6' PGs in this lot though! ;-)

Damn skip you have been killing the mailday section recently!
Nice pick ups again my man

...wait for it, there's one PC player mailday that will be jaw droppingly good!

Awesome PC additions. I love the Stockton auto.

For a guy who liked to share the ball he doesn't like sharing his signature much at all......a great UD throwback auto! Ah, the good old days!

Back
Top Bottom