SELECT SERIES 2 ADMIRER
Real Name
George
eBay User
pipina19
10. 2009 AFL Chipz
No Reason.
9. 2014 Star Wildcards
OK, but how the colour is on the front not the back and vice versa with the glossy foil is disastrous.
8. All Select Champions Series
WHY SELECT??? WHY??? All Champions sets should be burnt and popped underground. Disastrous every year, and the next set just gets worst.
= 7. Team Brownlow Wildcards
Why make a ultra rare Wildcard for Charlie when you can get it in a box of Select Series 2 for $5 worth???
=7. Coles Micro Figures
Like Stars. OK, but then there isn't any real excitement within the Legomen. At least make footy stickers, Coles.
TOP 5 TOMORROW NIGHT!
What do you think so far?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it is that people don't get about Champions. It is a product aimed at kids. It has cards that kids will enjoy, eg the firepower cards, and to that end it does it's job.

It is not aimed at high end collectors or dealers who are looking to make enormous profits. You need an entry level product to draw people into the industry, otherwise you are just marketing to the same few people each year.

5. 2010 AFL Tags
The product has no point in it, too many commons, and despite being a Select product, no redemption or rare-rare tags are included.
4. Teamcoach 2005-2008 Star Wildcards
There isn't much point in a series where there is not any inserts you'll find until you are on your 3/4th album. Design wise 2006 & 2007s Glow in the Darks are amazing, 2005 OK & 2008 really the ad for future stars. But with a series aimed at kids, a 1:72 insert is a shocking ratio.

The top 3 now.
3. Hungry Jacks 2010 'Footy Figurines'
The above, BTW, isn't the actual name. But these things, if you remember them from HJs Kids Meals, had no album, I'm pretty sure you got to choose which one you got :( :( AND most are hardly still in our collecting cupboards. HJs failed terribly on this one.

2. This is hard... All Select Foil Signatures
Only because I once got a 2007 Champions pack for my mate, he pulled one, & he sold it on eBay for $80:( Everyone should tell from this I hate Select, this is the 3rd time Select has been mentioned in this.

1. Team 2014 Magic Wildcards
ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Terrible!!!!!
No ta to TeamZone for these Magics. Drawn on a simple White background on the front, the back is, I can't explain how abhorrent the back is. Club background, NO MIRROR, NNNOOO GGGLLLOOOWWW IIINNN DDDAAA DDDAAARRRKK???
The old magics were good. I had Walker, Walters, Gibson & Howe magics from this year, all traded for 2013 stars & a magic.
The Footy Pals look disgusting all because of these things. They shouldn't be considered as cards, guys.(The Magics, not the Pals)
What'sWhat's your thoughts guys?

Top 10 cards, guys! (Of all Time)
10. 2008 Teamcoach
9. 2011 Teamcoach
8. 2013 Sunblest Footy Superstars
7. 2012 Select Eternity
6. 2012 Teamcoach
5. 2010 Select Prestige
4. 2014 Select Honours
3. 2013 Teamcoach
2. 2013 Select Prime
2010 TEAMCOACH!!!!!!!!!!
Again, what do you guys think?

So you pretty much hate every Teamcoach wildcard unless it glows in the dark? And your list is confusing - are you saying the listed cards are designed poorly or the ratio they appear in the box is bad?

So you pretty much hate every Teamcoach wildcard unless it glows in the dark? And your list is confusing - are you saying the listed cards are designed poorly or the ratio they appear in the box is bad?
The 2013 Stars & Magics are outstanding. Yes, I love Glow in The Dark.

Well what makes the 2013 stars different to 2012 stars? And what makes 2013 magics different to 2012 magics and 2006 & 2007 stars which are all plastic?

Call me biased, but I’m going to have to disagree with your Teamcoach selections (and also the micro figures). I liked 2014’s stars, (I’ll let the magics pass, because it reminds me of 2008’s star wilds.) But I’m guessing you’re meaning the Teamcoach Brownlow Wilds? If so... what does price have anything to do with it? It’s meant to be a collectable card, one that you would want. It may be very simple, but it’s a Teamcoach tradition, starting from 2005’s Chris Judd. This is a card so in demand that it looks like people are resorting to making fake Brownlow stamps on their Gazza Abletts. I’ve got the Buckley and Bartel Brownlows, and I really enjoy them more than the normal Buckley and Bartel wildcard. It just completes the look

Microfigures I disagree with. Footy lego players, how awesome is that? I’m sure any footy loving kid with lego always wanted to have logo footy players. Thanks to the Mircofigures, that’s a reality. I don’t have any myself, but if I didn’t collect Teamcoach, it would certainly be of interest. Provided they don’t go too crazy on the Mircofigures, I think they will enjoy some moderate popularity for years to come.

Wait, you have a problem with the Star Wilds of 2005-2008? (And yet no mention of the Red 2004s, which were the first of its kind). The 2005 Wilds are one of the most popular sets in AFL card collecting. An awesome design, an excellent choice of players (Seriously look at that field, the only ones I’d arguably swap out would be Tarrant for Rocca and Wells for Harvey, and even that’s debatable), and a caricature from the most famous footy artist (who has sadly passed on). Combined with errors and prize versions and you make it one of the most collectable and sought after sets. These were genuine ‘WOW’ cards. It was a step up from 2004’s Red Captains (which were also that rare). 2006 and 2007 captured some of that spirit, but 2008 onwards seemed to have some ‘same old’ factor about it (Even with magics, the balance wasn’t quite right. In 2012, they got the balance right. They did the right thing by using the 2006/2007 template for the magics.) I could go and get any wildcard from 2008-2011 for about $10-$20 tops. 2004s, 2006s and 2007s can go up to $30 with 2005s at $50 minimum. It’s funny because I like collecting the wilds from 2004-2007 as well.

As a Teamcoach collector, 2005 wilds were where it was at. If you landed one of these bad boys, you had complete bragging rights. Even today, I love all my 16 stars as much as I did in 2005. Sure, none of them quite match my joy for the 2007 Black (One that I did get for real by myself), but it’s easily the most impressive set of wilds in the set.

As for best Teamcoach set… geez… I’d struggle. There is something that I like from all 15 editions of Teamcoach, but there has been no one ‘perfect’ set. The closest to perfection? Even I can’t pick that.

One set I do really like outside of Teamcoach? The Premiership Commemoratives from Select. Now that is a sweet set. How come I have never seen anyone with the full set in the album? Come on people, you call yourself collectors (especially those that collect Select) and you can't complete that set? Disgraceful! Lol. (What? Me? I'm busy collecting the rest of Teamcoach. That's already a search as it is!)

I agree with you footyfan13. The wildcards from 2004-2007 are the best cards teamcoach has produced, and from there everything was down hill until 2012 with the first sculpture wildcards, and the re-birth of the plastic magic wildcards. Prize wildcards are also amazing cards, and a must have for any teamcoach collector!

One set I do really like outside of Teamcoach? The Premiership Commemoratives from Select. Now that is a sweet set. How come I have never seen anyone with the full set in the album? Come on people, you call yourself collectors (especially those that collect Select) and you can't complete that set? Disgraceful! Lol. (What? Me? I'm busy collecting the rest of Teamcoach. That's already a search as it is!)
The DPSs were the Grandfather to all Select inserts as well. Can't beleive 1. I don't have one. 2. They're being retired. Replacing them... Boy is going to be hard.

Hang on, you bash the AFL tags for not having anything rare, and you put the Sunblest footy tazo's in your top ten? It is just me or does that make zero sense?

You claim the best ten cards sets are from all time, but what about the older sets. Teamcoach 2005 is when I started, but Teamcoach 2007 hooked me for good. That is my main hunt for a master set ATM.

Teamcoach needed something to draw collectors to them, that's why having a one in every two boxes insert is pure genius.

George, I agree with @footyfan13 and @SWANS on this one.

Back
Top Bottom