1 box of 2014 Contenders

ekalb

Raider Nation!!
Real Name
Shannan
eBay User
ekalbnz
Had to get my yearly box of Contenders and got to say, pretty happy overall.

250 point redemption (keen to sell!); Connor Shaw on card; Johnny Manziel Rookie Ink on card
Calvin Pryor Playoff Ticket 159/199; Marcus Smith Playoff Ticket 024/199; David Yankey Playoff Ticket 013/199

So ended up with a points card, both Browns QB's and 3 Playoff Tickets!

Also had a CJ Spiller Playoff Ticket 009/199 and LeVeon Bell Championship Ticket 57/99

Yeah the boxes seem very hit or miss - either loaded or nothing. I can't complain about getting a Manizel though, even with how poor he played when given the chance.

That's a decent box for sure.... What are you looking for on the points card ? I'm saving them up to buy something half decent! LOL!

Has anyone actually bought anything with them yet ???

Has anyone actually bought anything with them yet ???

I got an Elite New Breed Auto/Jersey for 250 points a few months ago. There were quite a few decent cards up for grabs back then, but not too many to be had now. I've got back up to 300 points but it would be better to build up the bank for something more higher end when they come up.

Nice stuff for sure, if bombed out in breaks of the stuff so if shyed away from the product but definitely can't complain with that one there

Rocks or diamonds would be the best way to describe it. Guy I break with did 2 boxes and was excited with 6 variations. Only rookies of note were a Jordan Matthews and moncrief redemption

Better get used to it...Panini will have a licence (literally!) to print as much of whatever they want soon... I'm sure they think they'll need to add the number of rookie autos Topps would normally have into their own products, in addition to their own numbers they've had in the past...so how soon before we see /2500 or /3000 no name rookie auto's I wonder ?

Think the future for collectors is really going to be through the breaker sites, unless they get shut down by the authorities... I fear the fun of breaking boxes for the collector is going to be overwhelmed by the sense of getting shafted by what's in the box - I'm pretty much there now to be honest...

Fair point. Next it will be all redemption points and no hits so the collector chooses what they want when (and if) it is available.

Breaks will get to a point possibly as well. I know I won't touch certain teams if there is not a lot of anything in terms of autos or relics. This years triple threads no Ravens relics or autos, so didn't go near them in pick your team/draft style breaks lol

Back
Top Bottom