07 Sweet Spot Classic Baseball

Funkadelic

On Again, Off Again..
Real Name
Travis
eBay User
the_funkadelic
Whats with UD going with all these celebs in their sets? UD Spectrum and now this.. But compared to Topps, UD has some pretty cool celebrities.

Upper Deck to Add Cut Signatures of Celebrity Icons to 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Baseball

Carlsbad, CA – (July 10, 2007) – Anticipation has already been building for 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Baseball, given the new pack configuration featuring one autograph and two memorabilia cards in each five-card tin. Dual autograph Sweet Spot cards and cut autographs of deceased MLB legends with current day superstars are just some of the new components to the set. The product will also feature Lettermen patches of some of the greatest players in baseball history like Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth.

Upper Deck is pleased to announce hundreds of celebrity autograph cut cards will be included in 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Baseball. Over 150 different celebrities will make up this unique subset, with many who have never had autograph cards of any type included in a mainstream release before. Orson Wells, John Lennon, Rosa Parks, Norman Rockwell, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash are just some of the famous celebrities to be included.

“The addition of these celebrity cuts will insure collectors are receiving substantial value from case purchases,” said Chris Kollmeyer, Upper Deck Associate Brand Manager for Baseball. “Now each twenty tin case will yield a Sweet Spot autograph of a deceased baseball legend or one of these special celebrity cut autographs.” 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Baseball is set to release on August 15 with each five-card tin having a suggested retail price of $120.

article_2722.jpg

Personally I'd be spitting chips if I got a celebrity auto instead of a baseball auto. Why don't they just release a legends of hollywood, or hasbeens of hollywood card set... and stop invading my sports cards with celebs!!!

Personally I'd be spitting chips if I got a celebrity auto instead of a baseball auto. Why don't they just release a legends of hollywood, or hasbeens of hollywood card set... and stop invading my sports cards with celebs!!!

I dunno if I agree...if I pulled an Orson Wells, John Lennon, Bob Hope or Johnny Cash card I'd be pretty happy. Value-wise they'd be worth a bit and I think it would be cool to own one....better a John Lennon than a Jay-Z!!!:worthy:

OMG, as a cinema junky, i would kill for an orson welles auto! not to mention lennon, or even rosa parks, one of the defining figures in the 60's black civil rights movement...now those are some celebrity autos worth pulling. id much rather those than some washed up models or some no talent rapper.

The Cash and the Lennon would be awesome........still yet to see a Bundy though....they are part of the lucky draw redemption process!

Cheers
Matt

I'm still waiting to see a Michael Madsen from UD Spectrum..

And considering there are over 150 different celebs in this set, there should be someone that appeals to everybody.

Back
Top Bottom