ಠ‿ಠ - 97/98 Flair Showcase Row 0, 1, 2, 3 COMPLETE - ಠ‿ಠ

AbraCalabro

OzCardTrader
Real Name
T
Totally copy / pasted this from Blowout:

Originally, I wrote up a wall of text as a preface for presenting this set to you all, but decided to make a long story short.

There were only 250 legitimate full sets of this product ever printed. However, I have good reason to believe that there are less than 250 sets possible today. Beware of bankruptcy product cut from replacement sheets.

This set was revolutionary in terms of the hobby, design and in my opinion it was Exquisite, long before there was Exquisite. This product certainly “revolutionized” the amount of $$$ I thought I’d be willing to spend on a single card. It employed well thought out design, beautiful photography and thoroughly applied creativity and imagination instead of inserting cloth, whoring out autographs accompanied by tiny player headshots and then calling it a day.

In terms of sentiment, I can tell you that this set is a final snapshot of the league that I so fondly remember from days long past that still hold a mystique for me. Old kingdoms would soon be no more, new dynasties were just forming and some destinies were falling apart.

The collation of this set took me about two years. This may seem impossible, but it was made very possible with the help of some fellow collectors. Their help has led me to the thought that perhaps the best of the things we collect in this hobby are not the cards themselves, but rather, friends. To all those that helped me with this one, thank you, each one of you is a true 1/1.

Moving on, I have seen a small handful of completed Row 0 sets displayed before, but never the entirety of all four rows all together. So, here are the completed Row 0, 1, 2 and 3 sets from 97/98 Flair Showcase BASKETBALLenjoy the show:

qagnfQj.jpg

nbqJ1Sy.jpg

oI27Hj2.jpg

aghoNez.jpg

HTTJmVK.jpg

vXNRh9t.jpg

t2De5P1.jpg

aCaflgs.jpg

Very nice collection there. Congrats on completing such a great looking set

Iconic set and an iconic achievement - you've left a real 'Legacy'! See what I did there? heh heh Seriously beautiful cards.

Back
Top Bottom