The World LIke You Have NEVER Seen It Before

mattyj

Multi-Player Collector
Real Name
Matty
Some images i took while in my final year of my Applied Science degree, all of which are Electron Microscope images (for those not in the know, Electron Microscopes bounces electrons off the surface (or thru in the case of TEM) rather than bouncing light off the surface, allowing for MUCH greater magnifications - also explains why all the images are Black & White as there is no light involved to give color)

MOSQUITO - Magnification 200X
55243249.jpg

MOSQUITO - Magnification 500X
55248436.jpg

EARWIG FOOT - Magnification 250X
55285111.jpg

EARWIG ANNTENAE - Magnification 250X
55356284.jpg

EARWIG PINCERS - Magnification 500X
55371549.jpg

EARWIG EYE - Magnification 2,000X
55191081.jpg

Hope you enjoy this view that very few people ever get to see :)

Any questions im more than happy to answer, i know most of it pretty well after writing a 100 page report on them :( :lol:

Holy Sh*t - How cool are these !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got any others ???

only a few more Richo but they arent as clear as the ones i posted...

I only did the one subject with EM and that was for credit points, my degree was Enviro Science/Chemistry, EM is more involved with Physics...would loved to have done more of it tho

thats some wicked photo's. Just in case anyone is interested some people actually breed mozzies (well mozzie larvae - wrigglers) to feed new hatched fish. I know this because i have some siamese fighters (i bred them once).
again awsome pics.

I see what you been, it could be some interesting stuff !

So has that degree helped you earn the BIG $$$ dude ?

great pictures mattyj.so much detail comes through in those pictures.thanks for sharing .
tony

Awesome pics mate, thanks for sharing them with us. Its good to see things from a diff point of view.

Back
Top Bottom