Panini Blog A Shocking Look at 10 Key Jeremy Lin Cards and their Staggering 8,100% Value Increase

Panini Blog

Panini Blog
Real Name
Panini
linandnow.jpg

Just when you think Jeremy Lin’s mesmerizing, planet-gripping ascension into international superstardom can’t possibly grow any richer, the kid goes and drops a game-winning 3-pointer against the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday night to cap a furious comeback for the New York Knicks’ sixth straight victory.
And just like that, a new chapter was written on what just might be the greatest sports story of this young century. Certainly Lin is rewriting history in the trading card industry, where his every victory, shot and assist seem to send his 2010-11 Panini America basketball cards rising in value at unheard of rates.
And since we here at The Knight’s Lance never tire of dissecting Lin’s staggering impact on the collectibles market, we’ve come up with a whole new set of charts to further illustrate the madness.
We’ve taken 10 key Lin trading cards from last season and researched on eBay exactly how those cards were selling in the days before the onset of Linsanity — and in the days afterward. What we found is absolutely phenomenal: If you had purchased the following 10 cards just a few weeks ago, you could’ve had them all for $78.98. If you’re buying today, those same 10 cards would cost you $6,405.77.
That’s an overall increase of more than 8,100 percent.
Put another way: If Blake Griffin’s 2009-10 National Treasures RC — currently valued by Beckett Media at $3,500 — enjoyed the same level of appreciation, it would now be worth roughly $283,500.
Now, to the charts . . .

b.gif

Continue reading...

When he gets cut in 3-4 years time, a lesson will be learnt....it's fun to watch though and a great story, wish I could get in on the profits.

Wrong!! If people are paying it, it is worth it to them!

And people will always search for the next Lin now. I'm just trying to understand what lesson could be learnt from this? Never give undrafted players a shot? Um lol

A few saps will be buying these cards thinking they have a profit maker, but I think most want a Lin RC so that they can commemorate this run and remember it in years to come. I dont think too many people think that they are buying an investment.

A few saps will be buying these cards thinking they have a profit maker, but I think most want a Lin RC so that they can commemorate this run and remember it in years to come. I dont think too many people think that they are buying an investment.

Yeah I would love a Lin rc to remember this but I think I will wait 4 or 5 years till I buy one

Wrong!! If people are paying it, it is worth it to them!

And people will always search for the next Lin now. I'm just trying to understand what lesson could be learnt from this? Never give undrafted players a shot? Um lol

So what you are saying is that no one has ever 'overpaid' for a card????

Coz if thats what they paid for it, it must be the right price!!!
What I am saying is that at $25 a piece for an unnumbered RC card they will regret it when the hype dies!!

People are buying the cards to keep, some are buying to try and flip for more, people have money and don't care what they pay they just want to be in on the fun and hype. What is there that I haven't figured out? Sure some people over paid and will regret it so what? Some people won't!

Someone made a comment and I'm questioning it because I can't understand it, simple as that

I cannot just tell you the lesson, you must learn the lesson yourself.

the lesson is there is no real lesson, it was a hasty, nonsensical post. I just wanted to see if you were going to explain it somehow :eek:

and it's not a personal attack on your so don't take it that way, it's interesting to see how people have different takes on what is going on with the whole Lin situation!

People are buying the cards to keep, some are buying to try and flip for more, people have money and don't care what they pay they just want to be in on the fun and hype. What is there that I haven't figured out? Sure some people over paid and will regret it so what? Some people won't!

Someone made a comment and I'm questioning it because I can't understand it, simple as that

The lesson is.... don't listen to me... I am just telling you that "the lesson is simple" and "One day it will hit you in the face and you will realise and feel like a right dill!" purely because I like to mess with you!!

Sure, we can assume there is a lesson in the whole "7 good games makes a superstar", but the lesson can't be learnt by anyone until we know whether he can keep it up. Maybe the lesson coming is for us 'sceptics'??? either way, you didn't make it over my bridge!

Back
Top Bottom