Real Name
Michael
eBay User
1binwa
Going off at the moment on ebay

$50 for Messi or Ronaldo base card 2014
$100 plus for base matchups Ronaldo/Messi
$100 plus for Mbappe 2018 base card

Prices have doubled or tripled in many cases since my last post in early May.

I looked back at my spreadsheet and realised I sold a couple of Mbappe lazers for $3 each, a few have sold over $500. Also a purple Mbappe for $12 soon after release, one recently sold over $3000.

I'm also seeing International buyers willing to pay (without hesitation) $35 + $25 postage for cards such as Sergio Ramos Orange Prizm. 1-2 years ago I would struggle to get $10. Am I missing something?

$2k plus box 2006, $1k plus 2010, $8k plus for 2104, $1500 plus for fat pack box

Insane numbers for these boxes. all going overseas.Then they make some more

The mystery of covid bids

update again buddy;)
It's hard to keep up. They have been going higher every week pretty much with more players joining in and rising in value. It's like the stock market, a few people maybe get set on certain players, buy up the loose stock and up the price goes, probably with a mix of manipulation and genuine buying. Upside is selling spare cards at high prices, but it will be a lot more expensive to try and put sets together come the next World Cup.

Im actually not supprised by these crazy prices, I mean, if you look at the Basketball or baseball cards prices。。。Soccer is still nothing

But。。。I hate when Martial cards went up。。。and someone trying to sell me that pz Mooy Brighton black 1/1 for 4k...

As someone mentioned above. There were many "collectors" that have held on to cards simply because they enjoy it. I myself fall into that category. I didn't even notice the boom until August and almost fell off my chair several times seeing how much these are going for now.

I was reading an article not long ago about how a financial advisor told their client to invest in trading cards and more specifically soccer cards as there was huge untouched potential in this area......

Hmmm interesting... Was this here or in the US? Where do we think the market will head towards? I keep hearing 1. Vintage and Legends.. Would be keen to hear peoples thoughts?

Yeah this really is crazy. I reflected on a few PC pieces the other day and realised I paid about a 10th or less than what they go for today. You can still pick up nice cards relatively cheap prices, you have to be quick and look outside of the mainstream channels to purchase from. That being said, overall... it's probably never going to be the same for us who have been collecting football cards for years. Personally I only get PC stuff so I'm not too concerned about how much Messi, Mbappe etc sell for. What annoys me more than anything are cards that aren't even remotely close to RC year being considered RC's. I first noticed how inaccurate this was with Aaron Wan Bissaka in impeccable. This not only wasn't his debut season, Manchester United are not even his first premier league team. Then we move on to 2018 cards of Marcus Rashford being considered RC...wrong again. I am sure there are examples from many other clubs like Adama Traore in Prizm however these are just a few clear examples of an uneducated market dictating what is a "market based" RC. It's the Prizm based boom of basketball transferred to football.
" We'll consider anything from Topps etc to be inferior even if from their genuine debut season, the first Prizm card is the hobby RC"
But this is a better money spinner for Panini as the world game has finally transitioned to the world hobby.
In one way it's great, more demand = more releases for football cards, the downside is all the crap attached to card collecting has now infiltrated football cards.

It's an American thing. Look at Jordan's so called 'rookie' card from 1986 Fleer. Just ignore his Star 101 rookie card from 1984 coz we don't like the image on the card.

In saying this, I can see Messi/CR7 prices going back up in near future as they near the end of their careers, and people realise we have witnessed 2 of the greatest ever. Collect what you like and enjoy!

I agree on all of this but the problem is people... I also don't understand all the hype on first prizm. Seriously who gives a sh*t! I would much rather a true rookie card or a card for my pc that i really like.
First Prizm, First World Cup, whats next? Then you have Topps adding an RC logo on new releases. It's making a mockery of the hobby a bit. The market essentially decides what is the true rookie which i am fine with. What is am not fine with is this first WC, Prizm thing..

Back
Top Bottom