Woolworths World Explorers

Bronco79

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tina
eBay User
2010tiger29
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is collecting the new Woolworths World Explorers Cards and Stickers! Have noticed that numbers 17-24 are missing in the cards as well as the stickers. They are supposed to be the Australian ones! Anyone got any of these yet?

Cheers

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is collecting the new Woolworths World Explorers Cards and Stickers! Have noticed that numbers 17-24 are missing in the cards as well as the stickers. They are supposed to be the Australian ones! Anyone got any of these yet?
Cheers

Not collecting, but on the Woolies FAQ page about his release ( https://www.woolworths.com.au/Shop/page/help-and-support-faq?category=45 ) there is a question - "Australia cards limited edition?" - with the following response:

"The Australian cards will be available from mid way through the campaign and there will be the same amount of cards to collect as other regions.
As this is our 10th collectibles campaign we have taken on learnings from past activity and wanted to ensure parents were able to continue the dialogue over the cultures and foods and cards over a longer period of time."

With the campaign running for 6 weeks from 5/10 to 15/11, the Oz cards should start to appear very soon. But I notice that Oz is still 'locked' on the world map on the official website
https://www.woolworths.com.au/Shop/Discover/world-explorers

With such a late release of Oz cards that will make for some interesting swap days (listed as being 5/11 & 12/11).

Good luck with your quest.

A heads up on the Australian cards....

I wont say how, but I got my hands on a full box of Explorers because I think its really important to teach kids to finish things, and not give up before the sets are complete.

anyway, just so you know the scarceness of them. I opened a FULL box, and nearly 200 packs at a guess, and only pulled 1x Australian card.

it was #19...

As much as I highly doubt this, Does anyone out there have doubles of 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24????

I must say Im very annoyed at woolies for this. whether its about 'parents continuing dialogue about countries' or not, what it feels like is; people will keep spending $20 if they only need 4-5 of the australian cards to complete their set.

Anyone else found them THIS card to get? Im in SA btw so maybe other states are better

Cheers

It took me forever to complete a couple of sets for the kids. Even the 2 swap days woolies had for this, I went to a couple and it was pathetic as to how many cards and stickers they had available to finish sets. With the delay of the green ones, this set was much harder to complete. Am still chasing green ones to finish a couple of other sets

Im glad you got to complete some sets:)

Yeh, our store has a pile of cards that you can rummage through to complete your sets which I think is a great initiative too, but alas no greens in those piles....

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

It took me a lot of packs to complete those sets. I got everyone we know to collect them, so am guessing at least 500 packs. The green ones on swap days would have been the first ones that went. Maybe will have to write to head office to see if we can't get the remainder. I've still got some packs to open and some coming from other people, so once I am all done with those, if I have any of those green ones left over, will contact you.

You can press on the top corner of the packs to see what numbers are inside too;)

My son and I went in to our local for the first swap day, armed with our swaps, and walked out with everything we needed ten minutes later. They had each group of cards / stickers in a little tub, and we took out what we needed. Maybe if we went later in the day it would have been different, but we had no problems at all. The greens were certainly more difficult to find, but they were coming through pretty regularly by the end of the release.

Back
Top Bottom