What's your most highly valued card?

Johnlow56

OzCardTrader
Real Name
John
eBay User
Johnlow56
Not sure if this has been asked before - what's the most highly valued card you have, and what's the one you want ?

I expect that most collectors stick to their own team and some focus on specific favorite players.
a) What's the most prized/valuable card you have? and
b) What to you is the Holy Grail (don't yet have)? and
c) What's your collecting goal?

For me it's Essendon.
a) 2019 Supremacy Hird Premiership Brownlow double signature.
b) 1996 HOF Legend Reynolds signature.
c) Collect every different Essendon card ever produced (from 1904 to now) - I'm currently at around 3100 out of 4100.

Love to hear from you all and get a discussion going.

John

A) 2016' trent cotchin- Guernsey patch signature ( just love the look of it)..or 1996' jack dyer legend signature
B) 2001 wayne Campbell- captain signature
C) been collecting since 2006/7 and have built up a Richmond collection I am very proud of. The goal is just to continue adding quality over quantity, and continue having fun enjoying the hobby

A) My Eagles honour roll would still have to be my favourite, even after supremacy, just a classy looking card.
B) The Cousins Brownlow double sig will be my unicorn as it’s the last I need to finish my eagles supremacy set and it will only become harder to find
C) I look forward to the chase and and new releases as I’m very happy with my collection thus far, it’s great opening new packs/boxes and helping fellow collectors with trades.

Bobby is going to hate me but

A) Cousins Brownlow double jumper numbered sig, resigned myself to the idea that I would never get hold of one when the list dropped considering the master collectors and Eagle collectors with a lot deeper pockets then mine. Pulled some bullshit luck when my best mate hit it in his 3rd box and gave me it while swearing me to secrecy to not tell his missus as to the price tag of such a card.

B) 2001 Cousins Captain signature, will be the hardest given I would think most if not all would have found their way into people's PCs and will never see a sales thread.

C) Would just be happy to get to a point where I just need to chase the new cards dropped every year rather than twiddling my thumbs waiting on old cards to come up for sale.

Bobby is going to hate me but

A) Cousins Brownlow double jumper numbered sig, resigned myself to the idea that I would never get hold of one when the list dropped considering the master collectors and Eagle collectors with a lot deeper pockets then mine. Pulled some bulls*** luck when my best mate hit it in his 3rd box and gave me it while swearing me to secrecy to not tell his missus as to the price tag of such a card.

B) 2001 Cousins Captain signature, will be the hardest given I would think most if not all would have found their way into people's PCs and will never see a sales thread.

C) Would just be happy to get to a point where I just need to chase the new cards dropped every year rather than twiddling my thumbs waiting on old cards to come up for sale.
Yup, very jealous ha ha

A) Would have to go with the 300 Game Case Card Signatures of Nicholls, Doull and Simmo, with the Nicholls one probably my favourite. Cripps Influential is right up there too - glad I have one of these before the Blues finally get back up there! Hopefully its a Cripps captain sig in Dominance this year and once I have that in my possession it will be my favourite!
B) Would love to have Nicholls and Jezza Hall of Fame Legend Signatures although I know these are very hard to come by!
C) Current goal is to just keep working away at my Carlton collection.. managed to get my hands on a lot of cards in the last 12 months but it gets harder as you narrow down the list and knock of the cheap ones!

Me:
1) Josh Kelly gold future force signature 2013

2) Lachie Whitfield gold future force signature 2012

3) Nat Fyfe Brownlow medal redemption signature (bottom end but still)

4) Richmond 2017 premiership Mini set (X3 card set)

5) Tim Toronto platinum future force signature 2016

Above aren't all necessary by favorites but decided to respond by disclosure of cards I have on hand which I'd be assured to get as much as I paid for them (if not more in some cases) if I wanted to sell (but no, none of them are for sale)

My favourite cards in my collection are:
- 2001 Dean Kemp & Ben Cousins Cap Sigs
- 1996 Jack Dyer HOF Sig
- Ben Cousins Prem/Brownlow Sig
- 02’s Ian Stewart & Kevin Bartlett HOF Sigs
- Gary Ablett Gen Next Sigs

Holy Grail/ Chase Card
- 2001 Wayne Campbell Cap Sig
- 1999 Joel Bowden Sig (struggling to find this)

Collecting Goal:
- Every Select WCE signature ever produced (completed)
- Every Select Richmond signature ever produced (14 to go)

My favourite cards are:
- Fyfe Supremacy Booklet Sig
- Fyfe 2019 Brownlow booklets (gold and plat)
- McManus, Fletcher, Bell and Pavlich Captain Sigs
- David Mundy Guernsey Signature

My chase cards:
- 13 remaining Hall of Fame Legend Signatures including the 8 from 1996.

Collecting Goals:
- Every Freo card Select have ever produced (21 to go).
- Complete Hall of Fame Legend Signature Set (13 to go).
- Complete Case card set.

Last edited:
My favourite cards in my collection are:
- 2001 Dean Kemp & Ben Cousins Cap Sigs
- 1996 Jack Dyer HOF Sig
- Ben Cousins Prem/Brownlow Sig
- 02’s Ian Stewart & Kevin Bartlett HOF Sigs
- Gary Ablett Gen Next Sigs

Holy Grail/ Chase Card
- 2001 Wayne Campbell Cap Sig
- 1999 Joel Bowden Sig (struggling to find this)

Collecting Goal:
- Every Select WCE signature ever produced (completed)
- Every Select Richmond signature ever produced (14 to go)
That's the j Bowden "destiny signature" I had 3 of these at one time, sold of 2 of them a good 4-5 years ago for far to low a price.
its still a great looking card ( along with the whole destiny sub set) Bowden/ Lloyd/Ricciuto hard to find at a low price..

That's the j Bowden "destiny signature" I had 3 of these at one time, sold of 2 of them a good 4-5 years ago for far to low a price.
its still a great looking card ( along with the whole destiny sub set) Bowden/ Lloyd/Ricciuto hard to find at a low price..
I hear ya!
Don’t really worry me the price of it, i’m happy to pay if I can find one

PS my chase cards:

Phil Davis
2011 north Adelaide roosters
2012 Herald Sun common
2018 prize card (team coach)

Toby Greene
2013 team coach prize card

Lachie Whitfield
2014 team coach prize card

Should I acquire those cards above, I'll be 100% with those players prior to this decade/year/era

Others I'm chasing:
Cripps black dominance 60
Sidey black dominance 60
Mitchell black dominance 60

Black folklore cards:
Long, Barry, Williams, Phil, AJ and Breen

We need pictures people!

90387C67-BD21-4893-BD9E-8EB200353BAF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom