What's the best AFL card that you have got?

This would be the best card in my collection
buddyplat1.jpg

I do also have a guernsey numbered 2009 Scanlens Retro Buddy but the platinum just has its nose infront.

Jealous, VERY Jealous! Did you pull this from a pack?

That Carey is awesome!

Pretty sure someone on here has the equivalent Ablett 24 ct card!

Think there was only 10 of Ablett made!

this one rishgoon? its mine and very happy with it.

newmugandcardpictures003.jpg

oscarzac, wasnt lucky enough to pull the buddy, did a trade with pakchoy going back a few years now.
Story behind the 24ct Ablett for those that dont know goes like this:
Everyone thought Ablett was going to win the MVP in 1995, even Select. So when it came time to do some samples they did Ablett naturally, less than 10 numbered versions out there. But as we know Carey won and now the Ablett gold is one of, if not the rarest AFL cards in histroy. Have only ever heard of one. On the other site he talks about how he came to buy it.
Its just an awesome card in hand, actually got it out the other day to show the nephew, he's only 8 and just getting into card collecting with my help. It blew his mind lol

There is supposedly 10 in existence of the Ablett card.

A guy that used to work at Card Heaven has one (given to him by Grant as a thankyou) and posted it on here in a thread last year. Cant find the thread though.

Apparently Ablett Snr got one and gave it to Ablett Jnr. Also a couple went to some people at the AFL who Select worked closely with.

Couple more of my favourites.

Mark Knight postcard sketch. These were only available for purchase on the Herald Sun website for a 2 week period. Almost impossible to find another one.

002-4.jpg

One of my personal favourites. Auskick "SHOWTIME" promo card. About 3 times the size of a normal card. Again, almost impossible to find another one.

002-3.jpg

My first ever Dane Swan card. Will take this to my grave.

daneswanprizecard.jpg

Got this from Dane Swan himself when he visited my school. Again one of my absolute favourite cards. Regret not getting it signed but I managed to get this which meant a lot more to me anyway.

swanbegacup.jpg

003.jpg

Maybe some more later :).

hey mate i have one of those auskick showtime cards how much they worth

There's not really a market to go off. I got mine for $25 when it first came out and have only seen 2 others. One I saw go for $60 not in mint condition and the other wasnt for sale. Its worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Personally I wouldnt mind an upgrade because mine is not in mint.

this one rishgoon? its mine and very happy with it.

newmugandcardpictures003.jpg

oscarzac, wasnt lucky enough to pull the buddy, did a trade with pakchoy going back a few years now.
Story behind the 24ct Ablett for those that dont know goes like this:
Everyone thought Ablett was going to win the MVP in 1995, even Select. So when it came time to do some samples they did Ablett naturally, less than 10 numbered versions out there. But as we know Carey won and now the Ablett gold is one of, if not the rarest AFL cards in histroy. Have only ever heard of one. On the other site he talks about how he came to buy it.
Its just an awesome card in hand, actually got it out the other day to show the nephew, he's only 8 and just getting into card collecting with my help. It blew his mind lol

Sorry to drag up a old post, I have the same Hawks GF ball card, what type of protector do you have it in your photo?
Would like a similar one for mine.
Not the greatest protection in the original binder.

Sorry to drag up a old post, I have the same Hawks GF ball card, what type of protector do you have it in your photo?
Would like a similar one for mine.
Not the greatest protection in the original binder.

Cant remember what size it is to be honest, but its just a one touch magnetic. Its a thick card so would have to be atleast 100pt.

Wish I had one of those ablett 24ct cards, are there any pics anywhere of one?

Back
Top Bottom