Whats some good TV shows to watch?

im the same. first season was alright, but it just seemed like it relied too much on nostalgia and old plots from classic 80s films...nothing interesting happening? just play a hit song from the 80s and people will still love it.

finally watched 'mindhunter'. didnt realise it was based on real killers or i wouldve watched it ages ago. i liked it. some of the sub-plots were a little boring, but the good bits were gooood. great casting on most of the serial killers aswell. crazy ol' ed kemper and berko in particular.
'unabomber: in his own words' was interesting. unheard (but old) interview with ted. new interviews with family & 'friends'.
watched a couple of episodes of 'L.A's finest'. a girl reboot of 'bad boys' with jessica alba and gabrielle union. really dodgy even for what it is, but that gabrielle union...damn.
second season of 'black monday'. didnt think it really needed one, but it worked. not quite as good as season 1 but still funny.
'shaq life'. its typical shaq, showing us his interests off the court, so if you like him (who doesnt) itll be enjoyable enough.
also slowly re-watching 'the wire'...why not?

looking to watch 'brave new world', but its one of my favorite books, so im hesitant.
The UNABOMBER was great, Ted is a fascinating study. Got to watch in ore his loner/war on the world tactics, yet at the same time thank god they found and stopped this reckless individual. well put together doco.

Started " JU-ON -ORIGINS) on netflix, japanese horror series in the fold of the movie the grudge.. any one seen yet?
not sure about it so far, not big on the over dub of english language over the original japanese.

Just finished watching the first 3 seasons of Snowfall after a work mate recommended it. The show is based around the crack cocaine epidemic in LA in the 1980's. Have quite enjoyed this series and look forward to the 4th season (unfortunately delayed due to covid).
sounds interesting, never heard of it
might check it...good heads up mate

Just finished watching the first 3 seasons of Snowfall after a work mate recommended it. The show is based around the crack cocaine epidemic in LA in the 1980's. Have quite enjoyed this series and look forward to the 4th season (unfortunately delayed due to covid).
great show. seeing crack rip through the hood is done well but just as interesting is the show's look into regean's contra scheme. part conspiracy, part proven, i would love to know how deep it went...

flicked past this show for a long time before giving it a go, and happy i did..
SCHITT'S CREEK rich upper class family go bankrupt and are forced to down grade there life's.
has Eugene Levy and his son. Very easy to view / funny and well written, been watching episodes here and there for the last few weeks
fun and light hearted

Anyone seen the show ‘Community’?

Im a few episodes in to season 2 but am struggling to pay attention due to some of what i feel are stupid storyline’s

Is it worth continuing through for all 6 seasons as people rate this show very highly but im not seeing it so far

Anyone seen the show ‘Community’?

Im a few episodes in to season 2 but am struggling to pay attention due to some of what i feel are stupid storyline’s

Is it worth continuing through for all 6 seasons as people rate this show very highly but im not seeing it so far
it seems like a popular show (and im a fan off Chevy Chase) well,old school 80's chevy
but it trails off quite quickly. its not bad/not good
all 6 seasons, no thanks

Bigrob, you seen arrested development?
if not switch over now.. hands down the best comedy series ever!

I enjoyed the british "office" very much, not so much the u.s series
you checked larry davids "curb your enthusiasm"

I enjoyed the british "office" very much, not so much the u.s series
you checked larry davids "curb your enthusiasm"

British ive watched a couple of times. Took me about 6 attempts to watch it the first time haha but once in to it no going back

The US version is tough to get in to but once in to the second season it really kicks in to gear

Nah havent watched Curb

I enjoy the characters, its just the storylines are almost dumb.
it kinda relies on stoopid plots, so it wont get any better for you. but i will say that i started to enjoy it ALOT more after a couple of seasons once you get to know the characters better. in the end some of my fave episodes wouldve been the dumbest ones. like the paintball fights and the lava floor episode and especially the 'meow-meow beenz' app episode.
if you liked seinfeld, then yes. definitely check out curb. it is brilliant and if you last 7 seasons you even get to see what a seinfeld reunion show wouldve looked like.
arrested development would be one of my all time favorite shows. sitcom or otherwise. top 5 probably.

new season of fargo just started. only two episodes in but it looks good (as usual). starring chris rock and jason schwartzman as gangsters at war in the 50's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom