What will be the most valuable Rugby League Card

For examlpe, how many fraudulent Phantom Wally Lewis signed cards are out there that were meant to be give a way prizes from Dynamic? I have a real deal signed Phantom Wally Lewis give a away card that was won from the Dynamic card club and the only way i know its a real one is because i searched for 12 months or more studying the fakes from the real ones. I even checked some of the Dynamic card Clubs monthly or quarter news letters just to find pictures of the ones they gave away to make sure i was getting the real deal. If you study and do your research on these things it pays off.

...................................... Also Dynamic done the numbering on the certificates by hand and they had a special way of writing the numbers on each signature card throughout the whole Dynamic series from 1994 to 1996 (They all look the same) so working out if it was fake or authentic is not rocket science.

Oh they're all the same, that would be easy to tell then.

And by the way, every one of those numbers shown above come from different years. Have a look at the very early Dynamic signature cards compared to the near end of line Dynamic signature cards from 1996. You can tell the difference easily and they all match years. ......................................

Oh each year is different. that would make it easy to tell then.

I did but i was stating more on the fact Linda's signature looked suspect on that card. Every signature card i have from 1994 to 1996 does not look like that card and to be honest i just checked every single signature card on Ebay and past items sold and nothing even looks close to that one?

Hey Katrina I'm not finding it easy to tell, can you advise is my Mackay fake or real?

You say it doesn't look even close to other Mackays so here's a sample, to me none of these look similiar, are they all fake and which one is real?

1994 Mackays.png

Anyone have other variations?

Ross

1994 Mackays.png

A little off the subject of fakes but I am currently in possession of 5/6 of the 1970 scanlens south Sydney team all in really good nick and a bloke wants to buy the lot any ideas on what mylowest offer should be. I have Allan Scott, Dennis pittard, bobby grant, bob Moses and bob Honan. The only one I'm missing is Eric Simms. Any info at this stage would be great as I have seen a few of theses cards going for around the hundred mark but I haven't seen any southside bundles like mine :\

Ross, i'd say all 4 are definitely real, not because of the numbering bc i think usuing that is complete lottery, but the fact the sig is under the gold foiling. Mark coyne is the much more challenging one since his sig was smaller

Ok Ross, let me take a punt here. The 1st Mackay is 100% real, 2nd 100% real, 3rd 100% real and the 4th is 99.9% real because you own it. Here is what i think, you have collected long enough, right? I have collected long enough, right? Most others on this forum have collected long enough, right? So i am pretty sure between the lot of us we can work out the fakes to real authentic signature cards as a team. Meaning who ever is wanting to buy a Dynamic signature card from 1994 to 1996 should just let the "team" know on this forum and we could give that potential buyer some advice. What do u say?

Hey Katrina,

The 4th one isn't mine, I included it in the 4 examples as it does indeed look similar in style to mine and you mentioned earlier you hadn't seen another one like it so had some doubts to its authenticity.

I agree we should be able to identify those that are obviously fake and I would also encourage anyone looking to buy one to ask the question on here so as we can help where we can.

I think my point through all this is I don't believe we can 100% identify all fakes, some will be of a quality where we just can't be sure and IMO that is the issue with all Dynamic signature cards and the reason why the increasing value of these will be limited in the future. I certainly wasn't taking direct aim at yourself and apologise if that was the way you felt. I've actually enjoyed this thread where we are genuinely discussing something card related rather than just adding the word "bump" to our sales and want threads.

Cheers
Ross

Last edited:
A little off the subject of fakes but I am currently in possession of 5/6 of the 1970 scanlens south Sydney team all in really good nick and a bloke wants to buy the lot any ideas on what mylowest offer should be. I have Allan Scott, Dennis pittard, bobby grant, bob Moses and bob Honan. The only one I'm missing is Eric Simms. Any info at this stage would be great as I have seen a few of theses cards going for around the hundred mark but I haven't seen any southside bundles like mine :\

Hey Brad prices on the 1970 cards seem to fluctuate pretty dramatically, based on condition of cards and the team. I don't collect Souths cards personally but 1970 is a premiership year so that may help their value, that said if I was selling them I would expect to get less selling them as a group as to selling individually, hopefully a Souths supporter can add some detail but I think you would be doing OK to get $300-$350 for the 5 of them unless they are MINT which may get you closer to the $100 a card.

Cheers
Ross

Brad, putting aside all the great remarks here, if they were mint mint cards, 85 a pop across the 4.

I disagree....
Dragons stuff will go well whilst there are the core group of old collectors left.
- I've not noticed a new collector hit the market for Dragons stuff in a dogs age.

Parra on the other hand, Their cards always sell well (despite their poor showing on the park) and the buyers just seem to keep multiplying. - I'm still coming across new ones.
I don't think it will be long before Parra cards take the mantle (If they haven't already) for the most collected.

I disagree....
Dragons stuff will go well whilst there are the core group of old collectors left.
- I've not noticed a new collector hit the market for Dragons stuff in a dogs age.

Parra on the other hand, Their cards always sell well (despite their poor showing on the park) and the buyers just seem to keep multiplying. - I'm still coming across new ones.
I don't think it will be long before Parra cards take the mantle (If they haven't already) for the most collected.

bugger

Back
Top Bottom