What Select Signature Card Is The Worst Signature You Have Seen?

back2backpremiers

13Cups@Hawthorn
Real Name
Jimmy
I have been buying a few signature cards of late and many of them are pretty poor signatures by the players.
I know the players have to sign a lot of cards, around 240 in general, but their signatures are very poor examples of their real or 'authorised' signatures. For example Franklin and Hodge sign different signatures for fans as compared to paid authorised memorabilia.

This years certified signatures by select are the worst signatures i have seen in years. The AFLPA stepped in a few years back and set a fee for any players signing cards for select, as the young guys were getting nothing for signing the future force series.

So now all players get a fee per card for signing them should they take a little more time and effort in signing these cards as fans and collectors chase them and see them as a high end card for their sets.

i have attached a few examples below, there are some really ordinary examples here.

The Ben Ainsworth Future Force is very poor, he may be learning his a b c's.
Drew Petrie 300 game card is crap for the $600+ price, he must have know he was going to be delisted.
And the winner is:
Number 1 in my crappiest signature set is Robert Murphy 300 game card, check it out, its a very poor signature card especially for the diehard doggies collectors who have to shell out $600+ for the card. i can only assumed he signed it the day after the grand final win by the dogs?

What is your crappiest signature card?

futt.jpg

petrie.jpg

murp2.jpg

brown.jpg

casb.jpg

crisp.jpg

garlett2.jpg

grays.jpg

harbrow4.jpg

libba.jpg

martin.jpg

rampe3.jpg

taberneee.jpg

young33.jpg

What ruins a great signature card is the positioning of the auto on the card. Drew Petrie above is a prime example, it looks nothing more than an unofficial in person auto. They have a beautiful spot to sign but choose to stuff it up completely and sign just anywhere. As a Hawks collector I really only know the Hawks stuff so the 2 that stand out to me are Max Bailey 2006 DPS and 2012 Coleman signature of Lance Franklin. Lucky Bailey realised towards the end and signed some in the right spot, of which I waited until I found one and brought it. But for Franklin the lack of effort or care just ruined what could have been an awesome card.

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4177.PNG

image.jpg

You should see some NRL Signature cards, you don't know whether to laugh or cry.
In saying that some AFL players have some ripping Sigs you are more then happy to shell out coin for tho :)

This thread was made for tom boyd ahha dont have a poc but its bad!! And your right most of those certified are bad but think unfair on harbrow, martin and casboult. They arent too bad imo

If I was signing cards mine would be up here for sure. My signature is a shocker, so can kind of excuse that a bit, but agree with @BLOWN8 in that using the space provided is important. That can make or break a card for me. Petrie's is just abysmal. If you can't be bothered signing some cards for the people that essentially help support your livelihood, don't put your hand up.

Anyway, as far as signatures go, this bloke takes the cake :)

west.png

If I was signing cards mine would be up here for sure. My signature is a shocker, so can kind of excuse that a bit, but agree with @BLOWN8 in that using the space provided is important. That can make or break a card for me. Petrie's is just abysmal. If you can't be bothered signing some cards for the people that essentially help support your livelihood, don't put your hand up.

west.png
C U Next Tuesday

west.png
We ask for his signature.... not a word of what he thought about it

Really makes we wonder if the same person signed both cards.
Either that, or Jackson Merrett broke his hand the day before signing his certified cards.

IMG_6272.JPG

IMG_6269.JPG

Really makes we wonder if the same person signed both cards.
Either that, or Jackson Merrett broke his hand the day before signing his certified cards.
Pretty common for this to happen. Kid straight out of school doing his signature, and then a few years into their career. They find a way to do their sig quicker etc and will look different.

Take Harley Balic for example. He signed his Future Force differently on the same cards!
s-l500.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

Pretty common for this to happen. Kid straight out of school doing his signature, and then a few years into their career. They find a way to do their sig quicker etc and will look different.

Take Harley Balic for example. He signed his Future Force differently on the same cards!
s-l500.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

In fairness some youngsters have never needed signatures lol so he was probably just winging it lol

s-l500.jpg
s-l1000.jpg
Also callum ah chee changed half way through
FD812977-4E3C-42CF-80AA-23AB9B14BC47.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom