What’s your guess at first sales of Zion Prizm silver RC?

FB_IMG_1574468471213.jpg

That is a crazy start to the prizm year, $400 over what I thought, hype is alive and well IMO!

19-120 NBA Hobby Boxes $420-440 USD now, so any good RC silver from those will be priced around there, say your Deandre Hunter, Eric Paschall types, I would think Ja Morant, Rui H, Herro and Zion will be around $600-800 USD mark.

The game is to guess who rookie of the year will be, Zion still favourite in some US blogs. Hopefully his knee holds up, he is a big unit.

I think I will still collect and hold my longer term silver rookies (players that I like) and then look for those future prices.

My prediction is Ja Morant will clearly deserve it but it will be given to Zion on hype/name/bias basis

He's asking 2.5k for the first zion prizm silver. Wonder what it will finally settle at 🤔

Much less. He's a massively risky buy at this moment in time imo. Imagine if he gets hurt again shortly after sitting out 2 months? I'd love to hit his cards in boxes/breaks, but I'm not paying for them until he has strung some games together.

I would've guessed $600 prior to him taking the court with the price to go north or south depending on his health going forward.

I was only out by $600...

Edit: Only out by $1050. Silly price.

19-120 NBA Hobby Boxes $420-440 USD now, so any good RC silver from those will be priced around there, say your Deandre Hunter, Eric Paschall types, I would think Ja Morant, Rui H, Herro and Zion will be around $600-800 USD mark.

The game is to guess who rookie of the year will be, Zion still favourite in some US blogs. Hopefully his knee holds up, he is a big unit.

I think I will still collect and hold my longer term silver rookies (players that I like) and then look for those future prices.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...tting-huge-production-out-of-their-young-duo/

Yep there’s a couple of articles about trying to estimate the print run based on cases produced, cases busted open on YouTube and the number of graded between BGS and PSA.

Overall the numbers might seem insane but the demand is obviously there. We just don’t want it to get to “junk wax” era levels and we go around in a cycle and end up looking back in 20 years like some do at early 90s stuff, lots of people got frustrated and left the hobby.

Here's the Giannis Prizm Prizms graded - 276 total incl 63 10's,

PSA

giannisPSA.JPG

BGS
giannisBGS.JPG

and Doncic Prizm Silvers so far - 3,388 incl 1286 10's

PSA
doncicPSA.JPG

BGS
doncicBGS.JPG

Zero Black Label 10's for Doncic - wonder what the first one of them will go for!

Last edited:
Yep there’s a couple of articles about trying to estimate the print run based on cases produced, cases busted open on YouTube and the number of graded between BGS and PSA.

Overall the numbers might seem insane but the demand is obviously there. We just don’t want it to get to “junk wax” era levels and we go around in a cycle and end up looking back in 20 years like some do at early 90s stuff.

PSA

giannisPSA.JPG

BGS
giannisBGS.JPG

PSA
doncicPSA.JPG

BGS
doncicBGS.JPG

One of the keys will be to just sticking to core products of quality, thats one of our web site principles for sales.

There are many products that have average card sale (ROI on box), we dont stock them

Overall the numbers might seem insane but the demand is obviously there. We just don’t want it to get to “junk wax” era levels and we go around in a cycle and end up looking back in 20 years like some do at early 90s stuff, lots of people got frustrated and left the hobby.

PSA

giannisPSA.JPG

BGS
giannisBGS.JPG

PSA
doncicPSA.JPG

BGS
doncicBGS.JPG

Zero Black Label 10's for Doncic - wonder what the first one of them will go for!

Apologies for the slightly off topic rant but...

Personally I feel we are at the peak of another junk wax era already.

There are already so many versions of prizm it doesn't make any sense. Outside of 2 or 3 products a year the hobby couldnt care less about the other 27 or so products that are released. In recent years it's been hard to see a difference in most of those products they could literally be all interchanged with other products and wouldn't look out of place.
We see the same thing every year with one rookie getting hyped and then crashing but it's got out of hand and is driving collectors (myself included) to look at other options to enjoy the hobby or leave altogether.
It seems 90% of the recent influx of people into the hobby are looking for a quick rip and flip / pump and dump and won't be around after the bubble bursts which can't be far away with most of us being priced out of the market.

Also, can you imagine the print runs for un-numbered Zion cards across all products?

If Prizm Draft and Hoops was anything to go by, looks like print runs were very high on base cards. Every break I watched seemed to pull a good number of them.

Last edited:
Apologies for the slightly off topic rant but...

Personally I feel we are at the peak of another junk wax era already.

There are already so many versions of prizm it doesn't make any sense. Outside of 2 or 3 products a year the hobby couldnt care less about the other 27 or so products that are released. In recent years it's been hard to see a difference in most of those products they could literally be all interchanged with other products and wouldn't look out of place.
We see the same thing every year with one rookie getting hyped and then crashing but it's got out of hand and is driving collectors (myself included) to look at other options to enjoy the hobby or leave altogether.
It seems 90% of the recent influx of people into the hobby are looking for a quick rip and flip / pump and dump and won't be around after the bubble bursts which can't be far away with most of us being priced out of the market.

Look what I’ve started now.....lol

Valid points though kiwi. Far too many releases, as we can tell when there’s 19-20 products coming out and the last couple of 18-19 releases are yet to drop, wtf. My biggest peeve is still redemptions. Used to sell product but then not filled possibly for months or years or not filled at all. We have to be more and more picky with what we buy and try and stay away from the rest I guess.

as someone who has recently re-entered the hobby, i couldnt believe the concept of parallels.

so you're telling me Panini is that unoriginal that instead of coming up with different inserts, they're happy to make one card then 50 different color versions of that card? how boring can you possibly get?

Some of my favourite cards are the inserts like Kaboom, Cornerstone Downtown etc etc, yet all anyone really cares about are prizm rainbows.

got a few luka silver prizms and a white sparkle, just didnt find them that interesting so recently sold. prefer my kaboom, galactic etc etc

PSA

giannisPSA.JPG

BGS
giannisBGS.JPG

PSA
doncicPSA.JPG

BGS
doncicBGS.JPG

Whoa. That's a little eye opener - 3,388 Silvers. You'd have to think there are conservatively 20 x the amount of graded out there. There's probably 60,000 silvers. I have heard figures of 50,000. Provided the demand is there, and most importantly stays there, it's all good. Just don't kill the golden goose... Panini.

Back
Top Bottom