WACA 1997 Set of Cards

nazimcricket

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Nazim
Need a bit of help. Am looking ..

• To buy the Greatest WACA Cricketers set issued in 1997 - the 50th Anniversary of Sheffield Shield Cricket.
  • To put together a checklist of the set on my site. If people could please provide this information to me, that would be awesome.
This is the solitary card I have from that set in my collection for reference ..

marshg13.jpg

Hey Naz,

It's a 50 card limited edition set of 250 sets. I don't have any checklists for this set but I do know that there are cards for:

Terry Alderman
Wayne Andrews
Jo Angel
Gordon Becker
Hubert Bevan
Ian Brayshaw

Further I would assume that there will be cards for Rod Marsh, Dennis Lillee, Sam Gannon, Kim Hughes, John Inverarity, Tony Lock, Keith Slater, Ken Mueleman, Robbie Langer, Tony Mann, Brendan Julian, Justin Langer, Damian Martyn, Tom Moody, Graham McKenzie, Barry Shepherd, Ron Gaunt, Larry Mayne, Des Hoare, Jack Rutherford just to mention a few.

It will be interesting to see if an actual checklist for this set can be tracked down.

Cheers
Chris

This seems to be very hard to find - I still dont have a set in my collection either.

I have been chasing it for years & I have not seen one come up for sale anywhere. I have seen a few of the Victorian sets - they pop up from time to time, however I think that was limited to 1000 from memory so four times as many made.

I do recall seeing a couple of these cards somewhere but compared to some listings calling some cards Rare, these cards fit into the Extremely Rare category. I will keep an eye out on these and if I come across any or a checklist for them, I will be happy to post more information about them on here.

This seems to be very hard to find - I still dont have a set in my collection either.

I have been chasing it for years & I have not seen one come up for sale anywhere. I have seen a few of the Victorian sets - they pop up from time to time, however I think that was limited to 1000 from memory so four times as many made.

I missed a couple of opportunities to land a set. Pity I didn't grab the chance when I had it. WACA used to have heaps of these on hand for years after their release. Will just have to keep trying hey :)

Hey Naz,

It's a 50 card limited edition set of 250 sets. I don't have any checklists for this set but I do know that there are cards for:

Terry Alderman
Wayne Andrews
Jo Angel
Gordon Becker
Hubert Bevan
Ian Brayshaw

Further I would assume that there will be cards for Rod Marsh, Dennis Lillee, Sam Gannon, Kim Hughes, John Inverarity, Tony Lock, Keith Slater, Ken Mueleman, Robbie Langer, Tony Mann, Brendan Julian, Justin Langer, Damian Martyn, Tom Moody, Graham McKenzie, Barry Shepherd, Ron Gaunt, Larry Mayne, Des Hoare, Jack Rutherford just to mention a few.

It will be interesting to see if an actual checklist for this set can be tracked down.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris, I'm sure we'll be able to put together a checklist in due course. Will keep you updated as I find out more as I have a few feelers out at the moment :)

• To buy the Greatest WACA Cricketers set issued in 1997 - the 50th Anniversary of Sheffield Shield Cricket.
  • To put together a checklist of the set on my site. If people could please provide this information to me, that would be awesome.
This is the solitary card I have from that set in my collection for reference ..

marshg13.jpg
I have a full set number 102 of 250 only sets. [email protected]

marshg13.jpg
I have a full set. Number 102 of 250 limited sets. Waca folder and authenticity certificate. Hukster member

Hey Naz...I’ve only just seen this post too but I had a question...I picked up a set...the cards aren’t numbered...I got the authenticity sheet but it says set 000/250...were there many extra sets released out of the 250?
3E460EB4-64D3-4C89-BE90-EE2FE88124EA.jpeg

Hey Naz...I’ve only just seen this post too but I had a question...I picked up a set...the cards aren’t numbered...I got the authenticity sheet but it says set 000/250...were there many extra sets released out of the 250?
3E460EB4-64D3-4C89-BE90-EE2FE88124EA.jpeg

That is very interesting. Maybe they produced extras for players.

worth emailing WACA museum to see if they could shed some light on this

Back
Top Bottom