Very old member returning ... maybe ...

whereiswally78

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
whereiswally78
G'day folks,

I'm not sure if many (or any) will remember me, but I used to be a regular here from around 2004-2009, but there left the hobby when the NBA license moved exclusively to Panini, and their first 1-2 years were basically just cheap looking (IMO) sticker autos.

I'm just starting to get my interest back when I stumbled on the Revolution Rookie Infinite Autos which look fantastic - so I managed to impulse-buy the R.J. Barrett 07/25 auto - which apart from his crappy "RJB" autograph is a really cool looking card when it finally arrives from the States.

Anyways, I'm always on the lookout for the 2007-08 SPA Chirography Gold /25 set as I'm still missing quite a few from the set (sample Stockton taken from the cabinet they're stored in - hence the glare). Let me know if you have any from that set, as I'd be very keen! ;)

If anyone does remember me, gimme a shoutout ... always good to catch-up with old friends.

Barrett.jpg

Stockton.jpg

Thanks guys. Matt ... I think you arrived here when I was department me (as I remember you). Alex, we traded a few years back when I was selling off some of my collection.

Appreciate the welcome back :)

How is that set going for fading? Looks like it's starting to? Or was it like that on purchase?

If displaying in a room that may get UV I suggest looking into some kind of UV protection. Like SlabGuard has come out with UV protection but I'm not sure if it's just gor graded card sizes atm or one touches.

How is that set going for fading? Looks like it's starting to? Or was it like that on purchase?

If displaying in a room that may get UV I suggest looking into some kind of UV protection. Like SlabGuard has come out with UV protection but I'm not sure if it's just gor graded card sizes atm or one touches.

I'll have to have a close look to make sure, but I'm pretty sure it is just the crap photography / reflection. The room is my study, and typically has blinds down, but the point you make is very valid.

I'd actually love to have them graded, but I'm too scared to post the Jordan overseas - it is difficult to provide evidence of value for insurance purposes. Plus as they haven't sold recently, who knows what it is actually worth.

I'll have to have a close look to make sure, but I'm pretty sure it is just the crap photography / reflection. The room is my study, and typically has blinds down, but the point you make is very valid.

I'd actually love to have them graded, but I'm too scared to post the Jordan overseas - it is difficult to provide evidence of value for insurance purposes. Plus as they haven't sold recently, who knows what it is actually worth.

Yeah I have seen a lot of pics of autos fading within a couple years cause they had them displayed. shocking really. would hate to see them beauties fade away!

I see what you mean on the MJ! Could only find one recent on PWCC and I dare say that might have even gone way up since then (graded version that it is) - gives you an idea!

7B316CD3-7771-418D-81D6-E7B37D634E3F.jpeg

Sorry to disappear mid-conversation - stupid computer thought it was a great time to do a Bios update :ermm:

Nicholas, it wasn't so much Barrett, but the set that attracted me ... he happened to be the first one that I saw at a reasonable price.

Yeah, Matt ... super-tough to figure out the best approach with MJ. Even selling it comes at high risk (logistically).

it's from pwccmarketplace.com - free to lookup like 14 years of sales history or whatever they have you just have to sign up to the site for free

only flaw is a lot only show the BIN OBO price they were listed at and not the accepted offer price

in that case, I try and cross reference with 130point.com/sales

Back
Top Bottom