Valuation of Cards

essalltheway

OzCardTrader
Real Name
john
Hi Guys,

I was wondering how you go about getting your cards valued?

Back in the day it was the trusted Beckett magazine guide.

It seems to me that that most people these days just use the most recent sale on ebay to determine a cards value?

The other way is to see what the local card shop dealer thinks, but these speciality shops are not as common as they used to be.

So question to the forum, what resources do you use to determine a cards value?

Don,t let greed become part of your decision.This site is not ebay.If you need a value on a card,just ask.Most of the hard core collector,s on ozcard are more knowledgeable than some of the sellers on ebay.

Don,t let greed become part of your decision.This site is not ebay.If you need a value on a card,just ask.Most of the hard core collector,s on ozcard are more knowledgeable than some of the sellers on ebay.

Hi Paul, i dont need a valuation on a card. If I did, I wouldve asked about the specific card.

My post was general in nature, I was just interested in how the industry has evolved over the last 20-30yrs with regards to how cards are valued.

By the answers posted thus far, the answer seems to be not much.

Hi Paul, i dont need a valuation on a card. If I did, I wouldve asked about the specific card.

My post was general in nature, I was just interested in how the industry has evolved over the last 20-30yrs with regards to how cards are valued.

By the answers posted thus far, the answer seems to be not much.
When i started collecting in the early 90,s,each month i would regulary buy becketts.These days , i also look at comc.Still read becketts,and also look at ebay.Then think what a waste of time.Panini has killed it for me.So the way i value a card is,if i don,t need it anymore and your happy to let it go,money should not be a factor.

i think as someone else said previously, recent ebay sales is the best. if your looking at a sold price is most likely a true representation of what people deem it valued, after all a card is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it

Back
Top Bottom