UPDATE: Advice Please! Lost Mail By USPS.

Maurice

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Maurice
eBay User
NONYABUSINESS
Hi Guys,

I need som eadvice on the best course of action to take.

USPS seem quite limited on how to handle lost mail if you are from o/seas.

The situation is this:

- Went in a group break on the 3rd March 2014 (Texas)

- Item shipped out on the 3rd March 2014 (Texas)

- Item arrives in Chicago on the 6th March 2014

- Item has still not arrived

Now what alerted me was that we recieved a package from the same person for a group break we did a week later (10th March 2014). This took about 2 weeks to arrive from Texas to Sydney.
So i chasd up the group breaker who gave me the tracking & this is what it says (see attachement)

What is y best recourse to get the package. The contents happen to be from a Super Break so it is the most expensive delivery i've ever had haha

I've contacted them on the website & opened a case but like i said before they are pretty limited for international buyers. Has enyone had any experience with this?

Is my package still in the US of A or is it in Australia?

Do i contact Aus post?

Please help :)

Thanks guys.

Capture.JPG

If its regular mail the tracking is only valid in the U.S.

Unless it is registered post with scanning required for delivery confirmation, Australia Post are not required to scan it and 99.9% of the time it is not scanned.

You could try Australia Post but chances are they will either tell you that it is in the country and probably still going through customs or it is not in the country yet.

Stated to be first class int letter......so there would be no tracking or guaranteed delivery. Strange that it was tracked at first though. All you can do is ask your local po to see if they have it and ask their local po to see if it had been returned.

It is the same sort of service if you sent a plain letter from your home to say brisbane city. Once it is in the system, you will just have to wait.

UPDATE: So i ended up emailed Australia Post. This is the response.

So it looks like the address was incorrect & is being sent back. I've notified the sender. At least i know where it is now :)

Please find attached a summary of your enquiry details below.

If you require further assistance with your enquiry, please respond to this email at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for contacting Australia Post.

Summary
Submitted from Web - 28/04/2014 09.52 AM

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Eva V) 30/04/2014 02.00 PM
Dear Maurice

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding whereabouts of an ordinary article coming from the US. You have come through to the right area and I am able to advise as follows.

Scans indicate article XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX arrived into Sydney on 14 March but could not be delivered because of incorrect address on the parcel. Consequently, it was returned to sender on 31 March.

When returning international parcels, Australia Post will despatch using the most cost effective surface/sea mail unless sender instruction is to return by air. If the item is not delivered back to the sender by mid June, please advise the sender to log an investigation with USPS.

Do you know that Australia Post now offers a convenient way to collect your parcels at anytime of the day 7 days a week? To register for our free 24/7 Parcel Lockers, please visit http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/parcel-lockers.html.

I hope this information has clarified the matter and been of some assistance. If you have any questions regarding the above, please feel free to email me back.

Yours sincerely

Eva V | Digital Sales and Service | Australia Post
International Online Services Consultant

GPO Box 9911 In Your Capital City
www.auspost.com.au

Back
Top Bottom