unredeemable cards

meeda13

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Lucas
eBay User
meeda13
was speaking to someone on ebay who had a 2001 captain sig of shane crawford, and according to select they are no longer redeemable. however on the back of the card it states that if they didnt have the required card in inventory they would redeem an alternative. according to the seller, select were pretty useless and didnt give a crap and basically said that there was nothing they could do, even about the alternative. any suggestions or help?
thanks
edit: the person i am speaking about is shane, and his comment is below explaining extra elements to the story

Last edited:
thanks lucas, its been ongoing issue for a couple of months after sending in live video of the card, and a picture of me holding the card which i dated as per told by select, and emailing and speaking to the girl on the phone and the manager, was told they are not going to do anything think about it 100% put the blame on the breaker for not advising us the product was no longer redeemable im pretty sure he didnt know about it and he wasnt about to pull the card out of the pack. Select have washed there hands of this i was even completing calling in a solictor.

Sorry for the predicament you are in Shane. What does the redemption card say? I'm pretty sure that it doesn't say that if they don't have the required card in stock they would redeem an alternative.

Obvious questions are:
  • Were there more than 50 redemptions packed in the packets?
  • If not, what happened to the other 50 signatures? (actually 49 because Select keep #1/50)

Good luck and hopefully they can help you!

____

This is on their website:

The following cards are not able to be redeemed (https://selectaustralia.com.au/pages/faq):
1. Any signatures from 2002 SPX.
2. Glenn Archer - 1997
3. 1999 Premiership Predictor
4. 2001 Premiership Predictor
5. 2001 Craig Bradley Captain Signature
6. 2002 Silver and Gold Predictor
7. 1996 Hyfibre Heroes redemptions
8. 2001 Shane Crawford Captain Signature
9. 2004 AFL PREDICTOR REDEMPTION
10. 2005 AFL Tradition – Master Redemption.
11. 2001 Predictor
12. 2001 Captain Signature David Neitz
13. 2012 Champions Redemption Red Set (as Goodes card is n/a)
14. 2012 Champions Redemption Blue Set (Goodes Card)

6D59E57F-E953-4270-B30E-127ABE1BE4F0.jpeg

this isnt the exact same card, but yes select definitely say they will redeem an alternative

Sorry for the predicament you are in Shane. What does the redemption card say? I'm pretty sure that it doesn't say that if they don't have the required card in stock they would redeem an alternative.

Obvious questions are:
  • Were there more than 50 redemptions packed in the packets?
  • If not, what happened to the other 50 signatures? (actually 49 because Select keep #1/50)

Good luck and hopefully they can help you!

____

This is on their website:

The following cards are not able to be redeemed (https://selectaustralia.com.au/pages/faq):
1. Any signatures from 2002 SPX.
2. Glenn Archer - 1997
3. 1999 Premiership Predictor
4. 2001 Premiership Predictor
5. 2001 Craig Bradley Captain Signature
6. 2002 Silver and Gold Predictor
7. 1996 Hyfibre Heroes redemptions
8. 2001 Shane Crawford Captain Signature
9. 2004 AFL PREDICTOR REDEMPTION
10. 2005 AFL Tradition – Master Redemption.
11. 2001 Predictor
12. 2001 Captain Signature David Neitz
13. 2012 Champions Redemption Red Set (as Goodes card is n/a)
14. 2012 Champions Redemption Blue Set (Goodes Card)
they dont keep #001 anymore. i have seen plenty of sig redemptions #001 floating around. however i think you are right about previous years when i think they used to keep them

Thanks Lucas. I never noticed that on the redemption cards!
And you are right, they no longer keep #001, but in 2001, they definitely did.

Thanks Lucas. I never noticed that on the redemption cards!
And you are right, they no longer keep #001, but in 2001, they definitely did.
yeah.. i remember all the talk about the number 1 cards back in the day. i definitely think its good they put them back in packs

I have already asked those questions about the card in question been told by people within the hobby that back in those days redemption cards were forged because of no numbers printed on the card. Select told me none where avaliable due to damaged/replacement cards, as further more were not going to give me a replacement card from the same series. I found the people i dealt with very unprofessional and rude hence i will be not buying any cards made by Select.

I have already asked those questions about the card in question been told by people within the hobby that back in those days redemption cards were forged because of no numbers printed on the card. Select told me none where avaliable due to damaged/replacement cards, as further more were not going to give me a replacement card from the same series. I found the people i dealt with very unprofessional and rude hence i will be not buying any cards made by Select.
i think the fact there was forgery is a bit odd, although there are no numbers on the card there is a small stamp, and it sticks out a bit. it is sort of hard to see but is definitely there. select would have to be pretty stupid to still send out cards without checking out the redemption card properly first, but who knows. they might have been really good forgers

i think the fact there was forgery is a bit odd, although there are no numbers on the card there is a small stamp, and it sticks out a bit. it is sort of hard to see but is definitely there. select would have to be pretty stupid to still send out cards without checking out the redemption card properly first, but who knows. they might have been really good forgers
I have been redeeming auto,s of nrl players from select for many years.Have had a few problems,and a couple of times was told we can,t help you.Over a long period of time,i think i have spoken to the same woman every time and she won,t go out of her way to help you.

Last edited:
I have been redeeming auto,s of nrl players from select for many.Have had a few problems,and a couple of times was told we can,t help you.Over a long period of time,i think i have spoken to the same woman every time and she won,t go out of her way to help you.
When I’ve had to contact I’ve always gone through email, so I can’t make a comment about calling them up, however they seem pretty good from what I’ve seen, but have sent a couple of emails which haven’t got a reply

It really sucks Select don’t have any left for you, or can’t offer something else as an apology. I totally think it’s up to Select to offer something, probably something that doesn’t require a redemption card, a box of cards or something, anything. I’m assuming this is the same card currently listed on eBay yes? If you know it can’t be redeemed why don’t you mention that in the listing? Probably not really fair as it sort of comes across like your hoping someone doesn’t realise and pays overs.

It really sucks Select don’t have any left for you, or can’t offer something else as an apology. I totally think it’s up to Select to offer something, probably something that doesn’t require a redemption card, a box of cards or something, anything. I’m assuming this is the same card currently listed on eBay yes? If you know it can’t be redeemed why don’t you mention that in the listing? Probably not really fair as it sort of comes across like your hoping someone doesn’t realise and pays overs.
This isn’t my card, it belongs to harts who commented above. I’ve found Its probably best to do your research before bidding on cards valued at the price it may go, but I completely get where you’re coming from. Saying that I saw a David neitz (also unredeemable) go for over $800.

Last edited:
Its probably best to do your research before bidding on cards valued at the price it may go, but I get where you’re coming from. Saying that I saw a David neitz (also unredeemable) go for over $800.
I never get involved in comments like this as things can get misconstrued by message/text quick easily. I am not having a go, merely just stating a point of concern .

However if this is your card, you have to say something in the listing on eBay at least as @BLOWN8 has stated, regardless of card research or not. If this has happened to yourself, you want something else off select/ compensation but then willing to let it happen to another person.... I find this hard to digest & one could say the same out the person busting the box originally? Lastly, your on a public forum, everyone reads these's thread and again (If*) this is your card and letting this happen, when you put a sales thread up or wish to purchase off someone, with all due respect most people here will be hesitant after reading these comments believing all is not 100% transparent.

At the end of the day, the card hobby is turning to high profitable $$ business for all involved, I get it and okey with that and people are entitled to as they wish. Just don't want the sellers eBay account to be in the EBAY seller of the months thread.

In regards to the Neitz Card, thats because Select had some left, that has only been added in the last couple of weeks as I was on the phone enquiring about unredemable cards & redemptions.

All the best & happy collecting.
Kind Regards

I never get involved in comments like this as things can get misconstrued by message/text quick easily. I am not having a go, merely just stating a point of concern .

However if this is your card, you have to say something in the listing on eBay at least as @BLOWN8 has stated, regardless of card research or not. If this has happened to yourself, you want something else off select/ compensation but then willing to let it happen to another person.... I find this hard to digest & one could say the same out the person busting the box originally? Lastly, your on a public forum, everyone reads these's thread and again (If*) this is your card and letting this happen, when you put a sales thread up or wish to purchase off someone, with all due respect most people here will be hesitant after reading these comments believing all is not 100% transparent.

At the end of the day, the card hobby is turning to high profitable $$ business for all involved, I get it and okey with that and people are entitled to as they wish. Just don't want the sellers eBay account to be in the EBAY seller of the months thread.

In regards to the Neitz Card, thats because Select had some left, that has only been added in the last couple of weeks as I was on the phone enquiring about unredemable cards & redemptions.

All the best & happy collecting.
Kind Regards
I completely understand. This is not my card or listing, I was just helping someone out who was having trouble communicating with select about getting compensation for a very expensive card and looking for some help on this forum

I completely understand. This is not my card or listing, I was just helping someone out who was having trouble communicating with select about getting compensation for a very expensive card and looking for some help on this forum
Seen the post under your original one, my appologies. I understand, I have 2 x Brisbane Prem predictors which can be redeemed also. It happens, at least select keep and honour most redemptions where possible unlike Basketball with expiry dates

When you redeem your AFL cards,do you contact an office in Victoria or NSW.

Seen the post under your original one, my appologies. I understand, I have 2 x Brisbane Prem predictors which can be redeemed also. It happens, at least select keep and honour most redemptions where possible unlike Basketball with expiry dates
All good, I have seen a few AFL cards with an expiration date but doesn’t happen too much anymore

probably shouldn't be advertising it as the signature card on ebay tbh..
"AFL SELECT 2001 AUTHENTIC CAPTAIN SIGNATURE CARD SHANE CRAWFORD HAWTHORN. Condition is "Used". Sent with Australia Post Standard Parcel." - is just a totally wrong description of what is being offered. It should be titled "Unreedemable Redemption Card of Shane Crawford" for more accuracy and less deceitful.

Back
Top Bottom