Topps Huddle App

Don't like these purchase only packs (City Scapes) but at least managed to pick myself up a couple (including a Cooper) trading some random inserts.

Feel free to drop me trades gents, would rather move doubles if possible.
Ozsportsfan is my name on all 3 topps games

Topps is milking the releases at the moment! And so many are Raiders... :cry:

I had just over $100k saved up to buy a pack of the holiday signatures hoping a Raider would show. Sure enough Carr shows up at the same time they release a Charles Woodson insert set at $90k per pack. Took a gamble on the Woodson packs and lucked out on getting the autograph from the 5 card set so was pretty happy before I got a bit of extra luck and found someone that had the other 4 for the set which I traded for my Sherman Cityscape auto. Also, managed to pull the Carr holiday and Cooper die-cut in the first pack of each of the inserts I purchased.

Yeah, it really seems the apps are changing, pack prices are going up if they contain anything new, and sought after cards are often only coming in the credit packs as well, especially in SWCT (and they're far from good value too!). Spent the last couple of days chasing the Force Awakens Story Card set in SWCT via packs and trades, and have only really been buying base packs in Huddle. There was a Gurley pack a few days back but I just couldn't bring myself to chase it...

I kind of wonder what effect this is all having on trading though as most people who aren't Rams fans aren't probably going to buy the Gurley packs and will rather wait for one of their team's players to be featured. So does that mean that all the Gurleys (and the same goes for other teams/players) are pretty much getting PC'ed as only people who want that card will buy those packs ??

Yeah it seems the majority is definitely aimed at getting people to spend money. I have the most terrible luck on Star Wars (not to mention never knowing what packs to buy!). Bunt seems to have nothing decent ever for sale. And kick I just buy signature packs to try and get tradebait for Huddle.

I get what your saying about the play specific packs. I have hit a bit of a stump at picking up new Raider cardss now with most being the really hard to pick up inserts.

Did you see the Strata packs today? I only got on about an hour before they were due to expire but had been on briefly a couple hours before hand and they were not for sale so can't have been selling for long. But they were crazy cheap! 2500 coins for a 10 pack that had one guaranteed insert and the other 9 cards were all gold or blue only. I had 50k of coins saved up again so decided to go big on the set (31 big) and managed to finish it in time to get the Forte reward sig. It helped that I had a $20 iTunes gift card from a secret santa at work so used that on the $12.99 purchase (here anyway, only other purchase I have done is the $1.29 that gets 10k of coins and a gold pack) that netted 50k of coins plus a random coin bonus that got me another 50k in coins. So have the relevant inserts to trade if you guys need them for your team collections.

the biggest disappointment for me was the holiday free cards that you CANT use in contests... they have a 3x boost but that seems pointless if you cant play them?

i went a bit nuts with the Strata packs also.. i couldnt pass up the cheap cost for golds/blues :)
all mine are for trade & i also have a A.Gates Finest insert for trade... ;)

Nicely done ! Though you got to wonder what people who have taken an age to chase down those sort of sets think when Topps decide to clear house and offer the packs up cheap like that ?

It's a little like the Story packs in SWCT, they have Golds in them, supposedly at 1%, but I've pulled a handful - one pack even had two in it - I'm wondering if Topps are running them out as they get ready to discontinue the first two series. But I figure there are going to be a lot more Golds around at the rate their coming out...

I think it's only going to get harder to avoid spending real money on these things, but in the end I'm not against it, it's just another form of entertainment. $7 for the buzz of chasing down some needed inserts or $7 for a cup of coffee...same deal!

Though I have to say I'm not liking what you hear about the way Topps polices everything so far as selling/inter app trading/banning etc. I think if you spend real money on things you should be allowed to do what ever you want with them...

the biggest disappointment for me was the holiday free cards that you CANT use in contests... they have a 3x boost but that seems pointless if you cant play them?

i went a bit nuts with the Strata packs also.. i couldnt pass up the cheap cost for golds/blues :)
all mine are for trade & i also have a A.Gates Finest insert for trade... ;)

Yeah the 2.5k for so many blues and golds almost made the insert set irrelevant! Did you get the set and Panthers? I have both Panthers if you need them. I just traded a huge amount of my Star Wars with a trader that was trading their coloured base parallels on on huddle for the equivilant on Star Wars. We probably completed a solid 20 trades of 9 each time! I have now finished all the green and white base and working the way nicely on red and blue now too.

Though I have to say I'm not liking what you hear about the way Topps polices everything so far as selling/inter app trading/banning etc. I think if you spend real money on things you should be allowed to do what ever you want with them...

Haven't seen much mentioned about inter app trading. Seems to be pretty rampant in the news feeds. I have done plenty myself, mainly because the only reason I got Kick, Blunt and Star Wars was to get the daily coins and try and get some hits to use as tradebait!

no i didnt get any Panthers :(
and yeah i am more for trying to complete the base set and all its paralells... :) i get the inserts to use as trade bait ;)

Sweet mate, just flick me a trade with the Panthers you want for dupes of your others. I got the set reward so all for trade now! I was a bit disapointed to see it was a set of 31 with a bonus for completing and it didn't feature a Raider which they would normally have one from each team in that sort of set setup.

Haven't seen much mentioned about inter app trading. Seems to be pretty rampant in the news feeds. I have done plenty myself, mainly because the only reason I got Kick, Blunt and Star Wars was to get the daily coins and try and get some hits to use as tradebait!

Yeah, I was going to set up Bunt and Kick today to use as trade fodder, but it's a pain on Android as you can't log on with your SWCT or Huddle Fan name, so then you have to create a new one and that needs a different email address...all pretty ridiculous to be honest.

Yeah, I was going to set up Bunt and Kick today to use as trade fodder, but it's a pain on Android as you can't log on with your SWCT or Huddle Fan name, so then you have to create a new one and that needs a different email address...all pretty ridiculous to be honest.

Yeah I couldn't get it app to sign in again on the other apps, so I had to create a couple bogus emails while I had some downtime at work to use to register :whistle:

Do you know if you can you merge them together at all ? I can find/create emails addresses, but really wouldn't want them all using a different one...

There is a definite lack of info about that sort of thing with these Apps...

I think you are suppose to be able to keep the same username throughout. But I have had no luck. Tried to register the name in each one and it says "name is already registered" or something along those lines. Tried to log in with my username and password and it won't let me. I

Back
Top Bottom